Thread: Gemini

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Yeah it's pretty amusing when people are calling a mediocre-good hero like Shadowblade "OMG SO OP NER NAO S2 SUPER POWER RAMP GGGGGGG"

and not a word is said about dearest Gemini.

gemini is probably my favorite hero right now

Some heroes are strong, but boring.

some heroes are weak, but fun.

Somehow Gemini is both <3
    Ramsay Sound Pack

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

just lost my first game with gemini due to bad team mates but overall not too pissed i went 10-5

Match ID: 72538000

Can someone tell me what could have swung the match in our favor?
    Last edited by PenisWrong; 12-14-2011 at 01:00 PM.

I lost a game vs a good Gemini who went bottle/nukes mid because I was so focused on countering the stats ult build that I assumed he would do instead of just playing normally. Very frustrating . . .GG :/

What is your opinion of insanitarius, puzzlebox, or sol's bulwark on this guy? If you activate insanitarius before splitting, your wolves get the +25 str gain, but don't suffer the DoT. Puzzlebox can be cast before ulting, and seems like it would be good to push towers down along with a bulwark.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulich View Post
    What is your opinion of insanitarius, puzzlebox, or sol's bulwark on this guy? If you activate insanitarius before splitting, your wolves get the +25 str gain, but don't suffer the DoT. Puzzlebox can be cast before ulting, and seems like it would be good to push towers down along with a bulwark.
    Insanitarious is a lot of gold for its activation gimmick, especially seeing as the item does nothing for you by itself besides the 5 armor (which is picked up on Abyssal anyway and is redundant). The activation gives +25 str for 2800 gold assuming you manage to use it before each split (which is pretty reliable, but not 100%). It has a horrible buildup as its pieces do nothing for you until you complete them and in general is just subpar compared to other items. You just don't get any benefit out of it during the stage of the game when you would be picking it up. It is a good item on str carries, but not Gemini.

Bulwark is awesome and situational. It will be included in the guide when I expand the items section.

Puzzlebox is not good as it gives very, very bad stats for its cost and Gemini already has a lot of pushing power without it. If you want to play a pusher, do not pick Gemini. He can push, but not nearly as hard as Tree, Warbeast, Ophelia, etc. so don't try to force him into that role.

I have a question to the frequent gemini players here: do you also cringe your teeth when you feel like playing a different hero than gemini, but one of your teammates picks him and you know for a fact that he will be 4x worse on him than you would be (and they proceed to not dissapoint that expectation)?

Feels like a classic example of badly allocated resources, which makes me wanna cry. Because there is no chance ever to quickly explain how this build works.

On an unrelated topic: how do you deal with zephyr middle (other than asking for a gank) and generally playing vs that hero?

In regards to zephyr, i've had to either be really aggressive from the get-go, or just hold it out until 6. In any game ive had against a zeph, ive been able to take him out easily at lvl 6.

of course until then is the problem (unless you can lasthit like a god)

Btw, after the "core" of boots, abssyal, frostburn, gravelocket and a bracer, what do you guys usually get? Ive been fine up until this point.

The problem is that until then ive built in small pieces, slowly growing. However most of the luxury items not only cost alot, but begin to focus on the non-ult form. As soon as i reach this point, i almost feel myself falling behind. So far ive gone for shrunken into savage, but any ideas?

Account Icon
    ^
    I haven't had this problem yet because I haven't played HoN since he went off of EA. boy oh boy.

If the Zephyr is of similar skill then he will outlast hit me and I'll have to just try to get as much XP as I can. He can't kill you, which is good. Once you get your ult, it is possible but difficult to leap, breath, split, and then kill him. But it's very risky and probably not worth it. Much better to try to get an ally to gank.

you should be able to outhit zephyr pretty easily. By pumping stats early his base damage is equiv to BH at about level 4-5, which is quite a bit.

The guide is good although I don't like frostburn that much (and yes I've tried it). Still going to stick with heart.

Last game I went steamboots + 3 bracers -> heart -> savage mace and charged hammer. Went fine but next game I think I'll get SoR before/after savage mace.
    Last edited by Lethe; 12-14-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Frostburn never seems to be enough for me. I tried it once, gave up almost instantly. You'll almost never use the Firebrand outside of actually having the firebrand, either. Pointless 2200 spent on that, rather get the Orb for your Frostwulf which, imo, is mandatory.

( ^ now with more clicks ^ )

Be nice to your fellow Gamer.

I've already got five enemies on the other side,
    why should I have to deal with
    four more on mine?

Account Icon
    Frostwulf has a pretty lame buildup on Gemini and is a very cost ineffective item during the early and midgame. I try to never need to get it, and don't build it until after my Brutalizer and other early core is finished.

I really don't recommend getting FWS on Gemini. If you want the slow that badly, go frostburn. If you want hp, go heart.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I don't build FWS until late, or finish building it. I'll grab two Armbands, then two of the STR components of Icebrand, then boots. Then I'll either (depending on how much burst and how much focusing they're doing on me) use 1 +10STR item for Icebrand, and then finish my Brutalizer with the other or vice versa.

From there on, it's pretty much whatever I am needing. As I tend to abuse the dog's ability to heal to it's fullest potential. If I need more tank, I'll grab the Blessed Orb first. If I feel like I can get away with a bit more, I'll grab a Dancing Blade (to be turned into Genjuro, which is insanely powerful late with a FWS).

But then again, most things past the core are situational on Gemini.

You can avoid most disables in teamfights (and thus not needing a Shrunken Head) by abusing the fact that you can negate all stuns, slows, and forms of CC on 1 dog with the other dog. I've found it much smarter to start a fight in dog form most always seeing as how easy it is to combine and blink away, or to stun two targets, or to nuke 1 target.

Naturally you've got no real use for SOME of the build-up in FWS, but it's an incredibly good item since Gemini is melee and it's frustratingly difficult for anyone to leave you once you're on them if you've got both FWS and Brutalizer.

Genjuro compounds the idea of completely soloing 1 hero, as it not only gives an escape mechanism, but it also allows you to simply walk into Mordor and then W out if you ever were in trouble.

Either way, we all seem to have different takes on Gemini and I'm simply here to throw in my two cents. Happy howling.

four more on mine?

Account Icon
    I'm intrigued by the idea of Genjuro, and think I will try it at some point. How does the bonus 125 damage go with Twin Strikes? Does it end up adding more backstab or the same as usual?

Because Gemini puts on 2 Frostburn stacks per hit, the slow on that item is usually functionally the same as a Frostwolf. It also gives much better stats for the cost. That's reasonable transition to use, though, SupahNoob, for more aggresive non-ult play. If you do this, I would suggest not skilling stats as much midgame and getting points into your nukes, as it seems you fight in Gemini mode a lot more during midgame than I do.
    That Genjuro, though. I'll have to disagree with that

About Zephyr, you will have higher base damage. It comes down to a last hit battle. Whoever has the most denies will hit 6 first, and whoever hits 6 first pretty much wins. You can't kill a Zephyr mid once he's 6 and if you try, you're going to be left a sad puppy with no hp and mana walking back to base and will be very behind moving into the mid game.
    If you hit 6 first (which technically you should), seriously just ignore the other lanes for the time being. They are almost certainly not as important as a Zephyr. Bring a dog upto another lane, sure. Be very obnoxious about it and intentionally let the enemy see it, because you aren't actually going to gank you're just going to try to scare them away. In reality, you need to focus on killing Zephyr every single time you see him and attempt to keep him off 6. Keep a dog mid and ff he TPs back mid, kill him again. If he goes jungle, kill him there. Stalk him to no end. Once a good Zeph turns 6 you can't kill him anymore unless you are really ahead, so be sure to cripple him. He'll eventually turn 6 of course, but you will have set him back an unrecoverable amount hopefully.

Also, when a player picks Gemini on my team and has no recent games with him, I assume the game is going to be 5v4ish

Quote Originally Posted by Apostate View Post
    I'm intrigued by the idea of Genjuro, and think I will try it at some point. How does the bonus 125 damage go with Twin Strikes? Does it end up adding more backstab or the same as usual?
    normal damage + backstab. Nothing special.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by demonwing View Post
    Because Gemini puts on 2 Frostburn stacks per hit, the slow on that item is usually functionally the same as a Frostwolf. It also gives much better stats for the cost. That's reasonable transition to use, though, SupahNoob, for more aggresive non-ult play. If you do this, I would suggest not skilling stats as much midgame and getting points into your nukes, as it seems you fight in Gemini mode a lot more during midgame than I do.
    That Genjuro, though. I'll have to disagree with that
    Then just buy the Icebrand. No point in spending the 2200 on Firebrand if you're not really going to use it. Frostwulf is certainly not the first item you get. The first big ticket item in my play is mostly always Brutalizer.

I tend to be at every teamfight, if I can be. I will farm with 1 wolf, and be in the teamfight with the other, no matter what. At least 1 wolf will always be in teamfights for my playstyle. <3

four more on mine?