Thread: Gemini

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenetiK View Post
    now when i gemini i dont lvl ult. he is still decent.

i go mid with same items i used to but send myself a bottle at 600g and lvl
    blink/max breath/blink/twin strike after/rush savage mace. i get kills almost as soon as i get a bottle mid

still seems to pwn around lvl 14-15 with savage mace and steam boots but not worth playing that often.
    I've got to say that makes almost no sense to me. You will get crushed by decent mid heroes and your ult is probably the main reason you want to go mid in the first place.

Sorry about my lack of updates. I've been too busy to do much actual playing in the past week or two. I still monitor this thread and my messages daily and I've been getting a lot of questions. I have enough to even make a little FAQ during my next update.

I don't have a concrete date when I'll finish it, but I'll be sure to make up for my huge delay perhaps with some video segments I'm not sure what parts of Gemini are the most helpful to see visually, however. Should I analyze a full game or do mini guides on individual aspects?
    Give me some ideas. Gemini is still my pet hero so I want to be sure he has the most kickass guide out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    Sorry about my lack of updates. I've been too busy to do much actual playing in the past week or two. I still monitor this thread and my messages daily and I've been getting a lot of questions. I have enough to even make a little FAQ during my next update.

I don't have a concrete date when I'll finish it, but I'll be sure to make up for my huge delay perhaps with some video segments I'm not sure what parts of Gemini are the most helpful to see visually, however. Should I analyze a full game or do mini guides on individual aspects?
    Give me some ideas. Gemini is still my pet hero so I want to be sure he has the most kickass guide out there!

I would just like to see how to play gemini now, if the whole build has changed or what the new tactics for playing Gemini are? And just some replays where I can see you play him vs different teams e.g. (Caster setup, pusher, tank, armor, gankers, carries)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Schi_Town View Post
    I've got to say that makes almost no sense to me. You will get crushed by decent mid heroes and your ult is probably the main reason you want to go mid in the first place.
    n0pe.

gemini is pretty good at last hitting mid and blinking away when needed. keep regen on yourself. after you have the bottle do NOT underestimate his nukes. they are strong and you can easily punish anyone that gets halfway across the river.

Some videos would be awesome. It's hard for me to decide what to do once I hit 6. Farming is more important now, and ganking is much more difficult. Some insight on where to be at this point in the game and what items to be getting would be awesome.

Hi,

none of your replays are working. The first ID leads to a wrong match and I cant download the replays from the other matches.

Could you please fix this?

i used to play gemini a lot when she first came out but unfortunately i don't see the point anymore ...i can see why they changed the ulti's stats gain but seriously why the f have they nerfed the combination method ? every hero with a stun or silence shuts you down for fun now ... even if you somehow use your ulti effectively till you reach the late game phase
    and manage to farm some hard carry items the wolf can't carry as other guys do atm , which means that she is not worth to be picked ... i'm experimenting every godamn day with new builds and methods for her by dropping my k:d ratio even more (at the 1600 mmr) and i just can't find it ...

IF they give her an instant splitting and combining ulti by keeping the stuns (etc) interuptions she may become viable again but as she is now i think that it's better picking the other trashiest carry in the game (sand wraith)

Pity because she was fun a hero to play ...i think i will insist on ruining games with my gemini experiments but this sh*t became a frustration !

very bad job s2 for real ....

Account Icon
    It's a shame that this hero was nuke-nerfed, she was so fun to play! lets hope someone finds a viable build or that s2 fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasette View Post
    Hi,

none of your replays are working. The first ID leads to a wrong match and I cant download the replays from the other matches.

Could you please fix this?
    The first ID seems to have been overwritten with a different game :/ weird.

"Old" (a few months old) games seem to have stopped working. I'll have to get another set in. I may push an updated, serious premium Gemini guide in the future but atm I have a couple other priorities. I'm still open to any individual questions or mentoring for anyone interested in playing Gemini as always

Quote Originally Posted by ninja_goat View Post
    i used to play gemini a lot when she first came out but unfortunately i don't see the point anymore ...i can see why they changed the ulti's stats gain but seriously why the f have they nerfed the combination method ? every hero with a stun or silence shuts you down for fun now ... even if you somehow use your ulti effectively till you reach the late game phase
    and manage to farm some hard carry items the wolf can't carry as other guys do atm , which means that she is not worth to be picked ... i'm experimenting every godamn day with new builds and methods for her by dropping my k:d ratio even more (at the 1600 mmr) and i just can't find it ...

IF they give her an instant splitting and combining ulti by keeping the stuns (etc) interuptions she may become viable again but as she is now i think that it's better picking the other trashiest carry in the game (sand wraith)

Pity because she was fun a hero to play ...i think i will insist on ruining games with my gemini experiments but this sh*t became a frustration !

very bad job s2 for real ....
    You are welcome to watch my gemini games at the 1750+ bracket. It all comes down to farming 2 soulscream rings and boots by the time you hit level 6. Lasthitting becomes a crucial part of that phase and if you can't lasthit, you will become a burden to your team. I can't stress enough how important is that early phase of the game, so call for ganks, propose "fb mid", do whatever you can to get 1500 gold before you hit level 6. After that it's still gonna be difficult, but at least you overcame the ms nerf and can try to gank sidelanes or farm steam. Now to overcome the stats nerf, it all comes down to your gpm, so mastering both of your wolves to a point where you seemlessly micro both of them is crucial aswell. Farming, while ganking and ganking while farming is what gemini is all about during the midgame phase. You should aim for 400 gpm at least! The more the better your chances of overcoming the stats nerf - both by gaining levels faster than the rest of the players and by getting new items. Frostburn, abyssal, basher - all items you should have before minute 30. The moment you hit level 16, you remember why you play this hero, and all your efforts suddenly make sense, because the monster is back and obliterates teams once again. You should aim for winning before their hardcarries farm anything important, since, like always, you are not the best hardcarry. But treasure that moment of dominance, because you earned it - not because the hero is imbalanced.

On a sidenote - it wouldn't be all bad, if they reverted the double-channel nerf. It's too much.

I fully agree with reverting the double channel nerf (if either wolf is interupted, channel fails). There's still a cast time, and they already took so much from the wolf...

Quote Originally Posted by Neroziros View Post
    It's a shame that this hero was nuke-nerfed, she was so fun to play! lets hope someone finds a viable build or that s2 fix this.
    fun to play because completely broken?

It's Spring Break, so I have time to play Vidya again. Here is what my first game resulted in

Match 82945578

extrapolate as you desire.

Account Icon
    Good game! I call your match and raise you with my own.

Decided to experiment with going the pure proc build rather than stats, getting an early bottle and rushing post haste. Pretty much only used the ultimate for bonus magic damage and to avoid things/get around the map faster. It worked fairly well I'd say, but they weren't the best of players and I got extremely lucky with runes early.

Hey demonwing

I recently started playing and needless to say I found your guide to be very useful, but there are still a few things I don't understand with your build:

- You start building Icebrand and later upgrade it into FrostBurn. While I agree FB as whole is a great item for , I don't see what's so useful in spending 2k gold early on Icebrand for a plain 10 str, 16 damage and minor slow that don't even affect your ultimate forms. Wouldn't a Firebrand benefit you more early on especially with the added agility + move speed? I always found to be a bit slow even with the Ice breath slow, and I heard one of the main nerfs to his ultimate was the removal of his high movespeed so maybe this could compensate for it better?

- Also, why isn't NullFire one of your core items? I've found this to be the item that synergizes with the most, both ult and non ult forms. For 3300 gold you get 22 agility (aspd, atk, armor for your wolves) and essentially 62 damage in your main form (due to 20 x 2 mana burn damage from) your passive) as well as fixing all your mana problems and giving you a much needed slow to chase.

Quote Originally Posted by zstarkey42 View Post
    Hey demonwing

I recently started playing and needless to say I found your guide to be very useful, but there are still a few things I don't understand with your build:

- You start building Icebrand and later upgrade it into FrostBurn. While I agree FB as whole is a great item for , I don't see what's so useful in spending 2k gold early on Icebrand for a plain 10 str, 16 damage and minor slow that don't even affect your ultimate forms. Wouldn't a Firebrand benefit you more early on especially with the added agility + move speed? I always found to be a bit slow even with the Ice breath slow, and I heard one of the main nerfs to his ultimate was the removal of his high movespeed so maybe this could compensate for it better?

- Also, why isn't NullFire one of your core items? I've found this to be the item that synergizes with the most, both ult and non ult forms. For 3300 gold you get 22 agility (aspd, atk, armor for your wolves) and essentially 62 damage in your main form (due to 20 x 2 mana burn damage from) your passive) as well as fixing all your mana problems and giving you a much needed slow to chase.
    It is necessary, even more than pre-nerf, to stack as much strength as possible early game to get your wolves up to a functional health pool. Seeing as you will be buying a frostburn anyway (it is 16 str, not 10 str btw), buying an early frost brand is a good step early game.

There will be nobody to chase down early midgame when you get a Firebrand because they'll just turn around and insta-kill one of your wolves instead of running

Nullfire is a good item on Gemini but certainly not core. I would not buy it unless something on the enemy team actually needs to be purged. The extra mana is pretty useless as, by then, you will have no mana issues anyway. The damage is alright in ult form but nice enough to warrant 4k gold. Definately not a bad item, but certainly not urgent enough to warrant a "core" item.

In normal form, you won't really need another slow on top of frostburn in normal situations.

Hope this helps

I see, thanks. The higher hp early really makes a lot of difference now I've tried, especially when you recombine/split when as of the wolves gets low. My main difficulty now is maintaining a high gpm to afford the core items sooner (I'm stuck at ~220 gpm in most games with an average score of 6/4/12 or so , even when one of the wolves is constantly roaming and the other is last-hitting). After you finish your abyssal/frostburn, do you go straight for savage or make a brutalizer first? thanks for your help, this hero is very interesting to play.
    Last edited by zstarkey42; 03-16-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zstarkey42 View Post
    I see, thanks. The higher hp early really makes a lot of difference now I've tried, especially when you recombine/split when as of the wolves gets low. My main difficulty now is maintaining a high gpm to afford the core items sooner (I'm stuck at ~220 gpm in most games with an average score of 6/4/12 or so , even when one of the wolves is constantly roaming and the other is last-hitting). After you finish your abyssal/frostburn, do you go straight for savage or make a brutalizer first? thanks for your help, this hero is very interesting to play.

After I have Steam/Abys/Frostburn, I generally build into:

-Shrunken if I'm getting owned by infinite amounts of magical CC

-Brutalizer if nothing else seems very important to buy

-Savage Mace if you have particularly high gpm

-Nullfire if things need to be purged

How2gemini: don't level your ult, get a nullfire and mace/brutalizer. Tee hee.

Abyssal is really bad and you shouldn't go for frostburn either. The hero is mobile enough and nullfire/your first skill will provide the slow you need.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSnikk View Post
    How2gemini: don't level your ult, get a nullfire and mace/brutalizer. Tee hee.

Abyssal is really bad and you shouldn't go for frostburn either. The hero is mobile enough and nullfire/your first skill will provide the slow you need.
    Any build on a hero that doesn't level ult is a bad build as a very strict rule.