Thread: [2.2.8] Engineer

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    enji is fun hero whenever i play him i lose, but have heaps of fun. nothing more lol then a level 7 enji running away from a level 17 cd on bloodbath and killing him with mines. Epic rage XD

Spider mines are simple and elegant, they activate, chase a bit, and explode. Far superior to the nearly useless tinker. Timer, damage, aoe, etc.. could be tweaked but good in concept.

Keg, does what its advertised to do. Something of a skill shot depending what you want to do with it. Signature move.

Ulti, was excellent, still great after losing % damage. No real reason to change it.

Turret, dull, redundant with keg for aoe damage/push. Classic turret was way too good, something more in the theme of the old turret but reasonably balanced would be nice. Maybe the oldie but no orbs, which could be balanced properly by using a % of Engineers damage/base damage.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Spider mines are simple and elegant, they activate, chase a bit, and explode. Far superior to the nearly useless tinker.
    Are you being serious?

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    They should explode immediately, giving you no time to react.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think the hero's in an ok spot; utility skillshots plus area denial without being OP, though I feel he could do with a little more damage from either his skills or autoattack.

Still hate mines though ;/
    Last edited by pewpewstar; 11-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Keg and turret need a lower manacost.

Keg needs a bit more damage and a slightly longer cooldown.

Ulti needs to do superior magic damage instead of % based or magic damage.

Mines need to give EXP on kill.

Simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilian View Post
    I'm a female player and people are sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementUser View Post
    Don't use VOIP in pub matches =)
    S2 games.. putting women in their place

Quote Originally Posted by YawningAngel View Post
    I'm absolutely certain you are mistaken.
    Then S2 games better get another person to deal with those threads. Heroes like Kraken are still overpowered and I'm pretty sure there's threads, other the one I did and didn't got approved, and there are heroes that needs help like Balpha, etc.
    Retired after the deportation system announced by S2 games. If you are a latin and have any self esteem, uninstall tthis game and play something else.

http://fighters.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewstar View Post
    I think the hero's in an ok spot; utility skillshots plus area denial without being OP, though I feel he could do with a little more damage from either his skills or autoattack.

Still hate mines though ;/
    Everyone hates mines except for trolls. True fact. Identified by Diva in a podcast. Trolls are the only people that use Engineer anymore, because in practice that's 90% of what mines are good for. They go on to talk about some ineffible "ace in the sleeve" type play, but in practice, it isn't. It's a port of one of Techies abilities. It discourges bold play. It discourages movement. It's not particularly good for the Engineer or his team (ie. he can get kills with it, but the kills are rarely meaningful for the flow of the game), and it's not particularly fun to be involved in.

This hero is so close to being in a good place that it isn't funny. Mines are just a stupid ability though. I've always maintained this, and always will.

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd just like to hear from the person responsible WHY he/she/it thought it was a good idea.

The mines, that is.

To everyone saying Tinker < Mines

Your mother was a hussy
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubcaeks View Post
    Srs tho. It's true. And its not like HoN isn't a giant joke anyways. We have robot, chicken, goblin, nani cat or whatever the **** that 4chan **** is as couriers. The heroes are like mother****ing Jumanji happened, rhinos and bears and **** talking pandas and monkeys.

Theres no reason this behemoth skin can't and shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewstar View Post
    I'd just like to hear from the person responsible WHY he/she/it thought it was a good idea.

The mines, that is.
    Diva has. They intended it to be an "ace in the sleeve".

Huge swing and a miss on this ability. Techies saw some very limited high level play years ago. Turns out he's ALMOST viable to stop ganks by just spamming mines everywhere but particularly in hardcore blind spots that gankers need to use, like tops of ramps and treelines (ie. cost to neutralise with Wards of Truesight too great). Homo as ****.

Still don't accept this ability's existence. I just can't. It's just too stupid for words.

Solution: make spider mines movable, you know since they can already chase the ****n target, why not let us move and re-place them somewhere nice without having to leave lane and waste xp/gold

I've always thought of engineer in the same category as a behemoth/magmus/support hammerstorm. The essential difference is that instead of having 1 incredibly powerful disable, engineer has 2 fairly powerful disables.

The issue, as others have stated quite clearly, is that mines are an utterly useless ability. Tinker was good on engineer because it allowed him to take advantage of ganks, or help prevent an enemy from doing so. It fits in with his role as a roaming support ganker that got a portal key whenever he could.

Slightly off topic, I wanted to ask is engineer has even been played with a hotbl rather than a portal key. I saw a few old dota games where behemoth went hotbl and was thinking that it was even more synergetic with engi's ult than behemoths.

Account Icon
    he should be int hero to work fine

No.

Straight from S2 themselves. Stop suggesting that. It's just as annoying as all those idiots thinking Balph's silence is a bad skill.

I wonder if there are limits on ignore lists, because I'm going to be awfully busy filling it with people who insist Engineer should have an INT primary in this thread.

Hero is functionally fine, mines are retarded as already iterated and Tinker could be reintroduced with stronger positive buffs in exchange for no offensive tower usage.
    Let me spell it out plain for you
    Angry people complain about the things I do
    I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up
    Maintaining my name, the same way I came up.

Truth is, I thought it mattered
    I thought that music mattered.
    But does it? Bollocks!
    Not compared to how people matter.

To add my thought on mines here again. It would be a nice buff if he could plant a cluster of mines instead of one-by-one. Imagine the initiation when you pk in, throw ult and a cluster of mines on top of it. Or if someone chases you, just drop a pack behind and watch them regret

So you basically want him to get the equivalent of a Pebbles combo?

I think they should increase the maximum number of mines to ~50.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Or at least make it more similar to Techies' mines. 15 max, mixed damage, 600 if you stand on top of them and 300 if you're 200 units away. Damage to buildings (making the loss of tinker "less" in a sense). Experience from kills by mines from anywhere on the map.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek