Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Hero Development WIP: Druid #3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Scout Hero Development WIP: Druid #3

http://www.nomeswisdom.com

The twilight of Artemis!
    She dies.

New Twitter and Blog addresses!

first?

Anyways, it's a shame that you had to pull the plug. Good read.
    Last edited by mcslave198; 11-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcslave198 View Post
    first?
    posting for mizzet

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Pretty sure there's original ways of making her viable, without using stuns or escapes

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Nice.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Pretty sure there's original ways of making her viable, without using stuns or escapes
    There are, and I explored several ways, but they all seemed to put her at a level of complexity I wasn't satisfied with.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Late?
    Do you really want me dead, Or alive to live a lie?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    There are, and I explored several ways, but they all seemed to put her at a level of complexity I wasn't satisfied with.
    I kinda liked the idea of the magic missiles she fires when using skills. I hope that makes it onto another hero at least.

I guess it's good though that we are getting a couple not as complex heroes in the closer future, since Silhouette, Master of Arms, Monkey King and Gemini all are pretty "complex" heroes (interestingly enough they also are all agility).

Late?
    Pretty sure you can see this as a small "preview" on Sylph

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

sadface
    Check out my DREAM-Hero, Feedback/Criticism appreciated.(Click the picture)
    ------
    ----------- I already coded him (youtube video included!!!) -----------------

Account Icon
    Awww. I kinda disagree with the public, though. It's not stuns/escape mechanisms that are unfun (I mean, Valky, DR, and Bubbles all have stuns, range, and escape mechanisms), it's flash farming. I love some of your designs, but Midas and MK are kinda poopy because of how easily they can comeback from getting owned. It's the reason flash farming is a problem. If you keep a Flint down, he stays down. If you keep a Midas down, he comes back with 300 GPM.

Also, it's alright to give heroes escape mechanisms and cc, but when you give them range, it becomes rather irritating. I don't think anyone complains about Dampeer having mobility and a pseudo stun, and that's because you guys did it in a fairly unique way. My 2 cents.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Good thing she died!!! Seriously, now to REAL heroes!

I can't help but look at this in two ways, and I really don't mean any direct offense to one of these but it's just the timing is too perfect for it.

First I'm sad to see a hero project being shut down, by your own choice, although I'm glad you felt you could salvage some of it onto a different project, which by the sounds of it might be seen soon (well I guess 3˝weeks from now)?

Second... the timing for the reasons you give in comparison to the recent rise in complaints regarding hero design just feel like they are too closely related that you are taking advantage of the situation and trying to get some people to cease their whining (for now) about versatile/'complex' heroes that can do everything. Also partly you make it sound like it's our (as in the community) fault you had to shut it down because there's been an increasing outcry that majority of heroes lately have been too effective multiple aspects compared to the already available hero pool.

But maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Looking forward to this Sylph hero!
    There was a signature here.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimu View Post
    I can't help but look at this in two ways, and I really don't mean any direct offense to one of these but it's just the timing is too perfect for it.

First I'm sad to see a hero project being shut down, by your own choice, although I'm glad you felt you could salvage some of it onto a different project, which by the sounds of it might be seen soon (well I guess 3˝weeks from now)?

Second... the timing for the reasons you give in comparison to the recent rise in complaints regarding hero design just feel like they are too closely related that you are taking advantage of the situation and trying to get some people to cease their whining (for now) about versatile/'complex' heroes that can do everything. Also partly you make it sound like it's our (as in the community) fault you had to shut it down because there's been an increasing outcry that majority of heroes lately have been too effective multiple aspects compared to the already available hero pool.

But maybe I'm just reading too much into it. Looking forward to this Sylph hero!
    It's not a matter of fault, it's a matter of wanting to appease and listen to the community. Don't assume that because we listen, we're placing blame!

Good read. I like that you mentioned you will avoid escape mechanisms and stuns for this hero, it means that you read the feedback from players of all levels. It is a shame we will not see this hero in HoN.

PS good luck with your new job, the community will miss you.

Account Icon
    Looking forward to Sylph.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Nome, Will there ever be a night and day hero? I remember u originally made elephant to b...

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by FINAL_MIX View Post
    Nome, Will there ever be a night and day hero? I remember u originally made elephant to b...
    Cthuluphant was DivA's, and it never had a night/day mechanic. In fact, that hero went from concept to completion without any ability changes... might be the only hero we've done so smoothly.

Idejder has been musing over a night/day hero for a while now. You should bother him to complete it!

"...she will also be the final hero I design for HoN."

Noooo, Nome!
    I'll miss your heroes.
    ducks lol

Best of luck Nome you're awesome.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    that is really sad that they are laeving gb and farewell