Thread: Bring the Character to Life "Contest" - Round 3 PokéHoN [Closed]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Bring the Character to Life "Contest" - Round 3 PokéHoN [Closed]

Bring the Character to Life Contest - Round 3 Pokémon

In this contest you are supposed to create heroes out of a select number characters from certain fictional universes.

Hall of Fame
    Round 1 - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Drasha
    Round 2 - World of Warcraft: MaTz0r

For this round, I've chosen the universe of Pokémon to be our source of inspiration.

The Task:

Create a hero based on one of the 649 Pokémon. Just chose one, and model your hero after it. You are allowed to use any abilities that Pokémon could use, or any special abilities that Pokémon might have (a wiki to find anything you could want about them will be linked later on). You may even include "Evolutions" if you so desire.

The Rules:

• Each entry will get its own thread in the Hero Drafts section.
    • Threads start with [Poké] and include your chosen Pokémon in the title
    • You are allowed to use any moves a Pokémon can learn, and you may even combine multiple moves into one ability if it serves your purpose.

In general, you should try to not include abilities/moves into your heroes that the base Pokémon wouldn't be able to learn.
    Try to be creative with abilities. Don't just think about what abilities work like in the games, but also what they could work like outside of them. Like a "Stringshot", that wouldn't only be able to be used to slow, but actually is able to connect multiple units/trees to block off paths, or something like that.

The Pokémon:

List of Pokémon, sorted by game appearance
    List of all "moves" in the games

Deadline is the 17th of November.
    Last edited by Skyve; 11-19-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    this will be fun

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

What about strengths and weaknesses?

One of the most interesting things about pokemon was the intricate system of strengths and weaknesses between pokemon classes. Would be a shame if they were not included in this competition, though granted they would be hard to balance.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There isn't much place for strengths/weaknesses in HoN. It just doesn't work in a game like this, were laning one hero against another would be an auto-win due to type strengths.

Also, don't forget that due to the difference between the games, some of the less valuable abilities in Pokémon could/would actually turn out to be quite useful in HoN.
    Last edited by Skyve; 10-20-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Last edited by Drasha; 10-20-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Waths the number limit of entries?
    Im doing a Zubat hero right now, and after Im thinking of a Caterpie

Thanks Lhune!
    ¤
    Sorry for my bad English!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No limit currently.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    in before some one submits 649 heroes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasha View Post
    in before some one submits 649 heroes.
    I doubt that anyone is going to make 649 heroes

It would get quite repetitive after the first ~15 if you're trying to force yourself to make a lot of heroes.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=348160

Different take on it, multiple Pokemon + evolution. And of course I throw in a little Meepo.

I figured I would just drop this here if anyone is looking for pokemon ideas:

Ign's top 100 pokemon

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think its more important to stick to the idea of what the hero does and what abilities could do and not pay so much attention to what abilities actually do since most of them are variations on damage.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ohhh... I am totally doing this.

erynRAGE

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why do people dislike linking their entrys here?

Enter the Dark Cave
    Here is my Zubat

Thanks Lhune!
    ¤
    Sorry for my bad English!

Account Icon
    [POKÉ] Bulbasaur
    Just a little idea for a Pokémon Hero :-)

-|- Competitive Discussion Moderator -|- Scarab Awarded Pro Bug Reporter -|-

Here comes Venusaur!
    "I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse first."