Thread: Alt Avatar Contest #2 Begins NOW!

Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Thumbs up Alt Avatar Contest #2 Begins NOW!

With Alt Avatars continuing to blow the doors off the HON shop, we see player appreciation month as the perfect time to announce a new Community Alt Avatar Contest. It's your chance to share your ideas with us here at S2 Games and get your Alt hero added to Heroes of Newerth.

If you submit an idea in the comments below, we'll sort through the best of the best and have a vote on who wins. Out of the top 5 chosen by us at S2, the community will pick a 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd Place winner. The spoils of your hard work are as follows:

1st Place: Your very own complimentary copy of your Alt as well as 1000 Gold coins for the shop.

2nd Place: 500 Gold Coins for the shop.

3rd Place: 250 Gold Coins for the shop

As a reminder, please only submit your own work and feel free to get as creative as you want on this. While only the best submissions will be considered winners, why not take a shot at glory and show us what you'd like to see most from your favorite heroes. Concept art, back-stories, and over-the-top shenanigans are always welcome.

The submission window is pretty much open and we'll close the thread as soon as we think enough of you have given us your best, so get those creative juices flowing and start showing us what you've got!

EDIT: This thread has officially been closed. Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm and contributions. Once we here at S2 have looked over these ideas, we'll hold a community vote for some of our favorite submissions and name the winners of the contest.
    Last edited by Zero_MnotW; 10-17-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Challenge Accepted!

Larry the cable guy Electrician.
    Last edited by Protosega; 10-12-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Alt avatar for Pharaoh:

An actual Mummy,covered in bandages.

Idea could be expanded and improved but this is my post for now.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Necrophelia:

Once a brave warrior who was one with nature. One day an animal, or what she thought was an animal took a bite out of her left leg. Being very confused as to why one of her woodland creatures would want to hurt her it did not stop her from cleansing Newerth. She then began to feel feverish and started to gain a green complexion. She all of the sudden found a need to feed on what she once cared for. The loyal minions she found became her slaves, the others… BRRRRRAINNSSS!

First skill zombie spit - has Necrophelia spit out acidic spit at the target, making them take more damage.
    Second skill ghost spirit - has Necrophelia blast the target with a deadly spirit of a past meal.
    Third skill zombie bite - has Necrophelia bite a target neutral creep and turn it into a zombie minion.
    Forth Skill Brains! - has Necrophelia heal all zombies and allied heroes on the map by using the brains she had collected.

I really, really want an alt for this hero. I don't care about the prize. Just give her an alt!!!!
    Last edited by Kudas; 10-14-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    Don't worry, S2 acknowledged all the good ideas for the avatar contest...
    So let's give Monkey King an alt avatar each week. That will show 'em
    Let's give Pebbles a limited alt avatar every 3 months as well! We did not show 'em enough!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    super saiyan aluna :3

G☆

Spider

MMA
    Last edited by Juicenewton; 10-12-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Rhapsody
    Epic Sax Guy

The sax song plays during the ultimate.
    Last edited by TotalVidar; 10-12-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Retro Rhapsody. Black man with a huge afro, a silver glitter suit, and a keytar.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    For The Chipper, I present, the Chiprel strike team!

Think Goblin Techies, with each Chiprel wielding a different weapon:
    One with sawblades for the auto attack
    One with a log Bazooka for the rockets
    One with a bucket of tar for the tar toss
    the last with a walkie talkie for the ultimate and focus buffer

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Balphagore alt avatar similiar with jera, his hellborne team mates left him alone in the battle vs the legion and he changed his side and its now a legion Knightphagore:
    first spell instead of corps he drops flowers through his mouth
    2nd spell some kind of a light that silence players
    3rd spell mini legion knights
    4th spell instead of hell of newerth he says fight for the legion ! and spawns white horses around him which damage enemies and they move around him or something like that :P:P ( something like this part from LOTR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qxxfrdYvl8 )

regards,
    stat1ck
    Last edited by stat1ck_; 10-13-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Account Icon
    Slatefate's Idea for Contest :

Hero: Pandamonium

Alt Avatar Idea: A kung-fu tiger without a stick and using only his fist.

Description: The concept idea is that it's just a sort of black/grey tiger with bandages wrapped around his fists some kung fu clothes no robe some cool kung fu shorts, I think
    it should be a pretty cool alt avatar to have in the game .

Abilites change : Some cool kung fu effects, for cannon ball maybe he would jump up instead of rolling in the air just jump up and land really hard, and for Flurry maybe use his fast fists and hit just very fast, For his ultimate just maybe slow motion or something similar got no idea about the ultimate yet .

I think this would be a great addition to the game , I really like chinese / Kung fu based heroes

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Alt avatar for Aluna: Jedi/Sith Aluna
    Spells: - 1st spell: she uses that spell to strangulate the targets.
    - 2nd spell: she throw her light saber in the direction,
    - 3rd spell: she runs fast (duh)
    - Ulti: she turns red, i mean her light saber.
    Autoattack: her autoattacks are like some spells she throws out of her hand, like the original aluna, cause jedis are usually melee.
    Looks: She is female Jedin wearing robes and not half but naked.

Account Icon
    He Man theme

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Humanoid Flux.

- Bald muscular guy
    - Dressed in robes, kinda like those buddhist ones.
    - Runes on skin that change color based on stance
    - Spell effects and attack as the same, he is a cool guy and throws lightning bolts at people.
    - New sounds for attack and spells so that he doesnt sound like a robot.
    Last edited by Jotain; 10-12-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Cute Little Teddybear (Panda)

Everything is the same as panda, except the ultimate: every time you strike you seem some stuffing flying around.
    amaze

Account Icon
    Reptile Wildsoul (the man would be lizard-esque with scales and booboo would be a lizard).

Account Icon
    Santa Clausiken for next Christmas as an Alt?

Prophelia: basically with somewhat scifi clothes and equipment, speaking with a bit of an internet slang. Commanding creeps isn't willing.

Scodex: Instead of a bow, carries a few Codex' around, which will act as his ultimate, and his electric eyes. For eyes, he simply drops a Codex with an eye, and when it explodes it releases a few zaps in the radius. For his ultimate, he mumbles something like "Not gonna miss this killsteal" and then a bit louder Codex sound emerges as the red projectile approaches the soon-to-be-dead victim.
    Update: Maybe Scodex should wear sunglasses. Codex' cause a lot of light, and he would be blinded otherwise over time.
    Last edited by Ouker; 10-12-2011 at 03:12 PM.
    All hail the poor, underpowered Klanx!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Garou/Werewolf Bloodhunter.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd like to see a pre-hellbourne Maliken :>

I'll edit this post if I come up with more details.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would really love an alt avatar for one of my favorite heroes, the underpicked carry-hero The Dark Lady , here is my suggestion:
    - The theme of this alt avatar is going to be the wolf. Because The Dark Lady is a very versatile hero with a high mobility, the aspect of the wolf comes to my mind. I'm open to suggestions or changes, like turning it into a panther if needed, because there are some wolves already in Heroes of Newerth.

About the animations:
    - Dark Blades can be used in the way that the fangs of the wolf carve a scar in its enemy. The idea is that the enemy must get away from the fierce wolf to rest his wounds before they could use their skills again. (The duration of the silence after being hit by an auto-attack)
    - Taint Soul can be thought of a fierce roar or grunt by wolf that calls to the shadows to damage and slow the enemy's movement. Then the shadows slowely release their target and the enemy slowely recovers his movementspeed. (Which is the aftereffect of this skill at the moment)
    - Charging Strikes is what I was thinking of when I thought of this alt avatar. The wolf makes kind of a crossover of a chare and a leap, damaging his enemies on the way. Then the wolf gets an attackspeed boost, because it sensen the blood he just ripped from the enemies' bodies. (Which is currently the effect of this skill)
    - Cover of Darkness will make perfect sense with this avatar. The wolf howls to the moon, begging for darkness and shadow to assist him. Then the darkness covers the enemies, blocking their sight so that the wolf can prowl through the shadows. (Just like the original skill)

About the skin:
    - I was thinking of a bloodthirsty wolf which came to Newerth from the shadows for one reason only: to hunt. The skin should be a kind of fierce, battle-ready predator which is going to ruin the days of unexpecting enemy heroes.
    Last edited by xFloris; 10-12-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    :goldenshield: I've seen the shifts.

Page 1 of 109 123451151101 ... LastLast