Thread: Balance & Design Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1240. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

538 43.39%
  • Eat spouse.

702 56.61%
Page 3 of 1201 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Charged Hammer is a delightfully undiscovered item, and there are plenty of reasons to pick up a Wingbow over Savage.
    Let me spell it out plain for you
    Angry people complain about the things I do
    I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up
    Maintaining my name, the same way I came up.

Truth is, I thought it mattered
    I thought that music mattered.
    But does it? Bollocks!
    Not compared to how people matter.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I think Fayde is really broken. I don't build codex on her and I still net 20 kills a game in 1800 pubs.

It gets to the point where their entire team does small neuts together.
    I do this. Any sort of carry item dominates with her and the opposing team even in my bracket has no clue what the **** to do. I spend most of my time stalking the first person to buy an eye and just walk in the trees next to them till they go slightly too far away. Kill, tp out. Destroys any momentum of lanes, and she ganks brilliantly from tp'n to tower divers or just with a decent rune.

EDIT: Magic vestments is so damn core, I agree. I grab it when I'm mid, solo sidelane, dual lane, trilane... It's usually my first or second item vs any decent lineup. Depends if they skillshot more than nuke or vice versa as to if I am picking up boots first or not. This is really annoying late game too since sometimes it's more worth having the 400g worth than a shrunken if the team is more nuke than disable. 3900g for an item that is quite easy to bait and only lasts 5 seconds now means I keep beating teams by playing things like pyro and baiting out the shrunken only to pk back toward my team
    T_T
    Last edited by SmurfinBird; 10-11-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    has anyone played some very long games with devo in them? wondering how that aura change has impacted him at all.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I went mana ring, Refresher orb, Frostburn and Savage mace on swiftblade and still won, OP HERO.-
    Signature

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Charged Hammer is a delightfully undiscovered item, and there are plenty of reasons to pick up a Wingbow over Savage.
    I mean the fact that picking up Wingbow is pretty redundant when the enemy carry can just buy Savage Mace (or most likely already has it) for cheaper.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack View Post
    I mean the fact that picking up Wingbow is pretty redundant when the enemy carry can just buy Savage Mace (or most likely already has it) for cheaper.
    Do you only buy Savage Mace for the truestrike?

But does it? Bollocks!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Do you only buy Savage Mace for the truestrike?
    You know, if you asked whether he only bought Wingbow for its dodge ability, your reply would actually make sense.

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Considering any reasonable person would say no to the question I posed, the response would be "...then why would you buy Wingbow only for the evasion?"

Either way still works.

But does it? Bollocks!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Valkyrie is OP. No hero should have a stun that long with that much nuking potential, amazing auto attacks, 2 escape mechanisms, and that much range.

There, I said it.

Also, Silly Hat, Wretched Hag, Repulsor, and Bubbles are OP. No ranged hero that has the potential to carry/semi-carry should have a built in escape mechanism and stun/slow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Tremble is OP. Testie has like 700 gpm in a non casual mode game with it. Just doesn't seem fair :O

Also Hag isn't OP, she only has a semi-decent slow, and no strong carry potential (for her it really just comes from being able to position herself rather well and having decent farming capabilities).
    Bubbles too.

Rest, I can somewhat agree with :P

Especially Silhouette.

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Boots are OP, they are pretty much a must.
    Signature

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    You know, if you asked whether he only bought Wingbow for its dodge ability, your reply would actually make sense.
    Meh, if you wanted the evasion just get the snake bracelet.

Wingbow also grants 60 attack speed, which scales better than raw damage in certain measures. e.g. on a Hero with 200 damage, 100 AS is better than 100 damage (assuming they don't already have an AS increase through stat gain/other items). It is sort of relative.
    Strength Moves Only Mountains, Ideas Shift Worlds.

Having trouble solving the art of the Puzzlebox? Have no fear! Simply click here

Account Icon
    Damn it, just fuse Savage Mace and Wingbow together! It's a bow that launches maces at the enemies faces! Damn straight that's a true strike now!

Hm. I seem to like fusing things together this week. Well. Guess I'll go all in.

Master of Tremboulleflint vs SoulKrahemus! Ultimate teleporting lane raping super carry vs the tankiest initiator to ever exist!

Who would win? Neither, neither can kill the other because they refuse to buy wards. That's the job of Glacius. Yeah, just Glacius. What?

Parasite is a stupid hero in my opinion. Get a codex, 2shot a hero, get lost. I think that all the design intentions behind him disappeared and were out of place since the beginning. Worse than Blood Hunter, no point in teamfights, slight pushing ability. IMHO useless junk.

Account Icon
    Fighting a 1900 drunken master with thunderbringer makes me incredibly sad .

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Tremble is OP. Testie has like 700 gpm in a non casual mode game with it. Just doesn't seem fair :O

Also Hag isn't OP, she only has a semi-decent slow, and no strong carry potential (for her it really just comes from being able to position herself rather well and having decent farming capabilities).
    Bubbles too.

Rest, I can somewhat agree with :P

Especially Silhouette.
    I've hit 600 GPM (normal mode) as MQ before, and there is a video of a (tournament) MB getting 800+ GPM.

Hag's slow is 50%, and it is in an AoE because of her ultimate. A hero with an escape mechanism shouldn't have a stun/slow, which is why and etc. are used competetively; they are broken.

The main problem with Bubbles is that he can not only easily get farm, but he puts that farm to good use. A Bubbles with a Hell Flower is probably the scariest thing outside of a fed Fayde. It's a horror movie, and Bubbles is the killer. He can't be killed, and he picks you off. One. By. One.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Account Icon
    Fayde is too good.
    DM is too good.
    EW is far too easy to play for the relative strength of the hero (wolves and silence being push button skills with ridiculous range is not okay, neither is gowain requiring no interaction on the part of the player aside from putting a skillpoint into it), though his numbers aren't necessarily too high.

Ra and Kraken are too good, but are really just an extension of the greater trending problem with strength tanks providing too much in the way of utility and damage while simultaneously being ridiculous to kill; their ability to face roll into (and out of) ridiculous situations with impunity while also being able to farm the jungle quickly and effectively with little personal sacrifice often causes them to snowball much harder than they should.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMartin View Post
    Ra and Kraken are too good, but are really just an extension of the greater trending problem with strength tanks providing too much in the way of utility and damage while simultaneously being ridiculous to kill; their ability to face roll into (and out of) ridiculous situations with impunity while also being able to farm the jungle quickly and effectively with little personal sacrifice often causes them to snowball much harder than they should.
    Agreed completely - LoL style tanky carry heroes are becoming an S2 'thing' though.

Account Icon
    Is it allowed to use your spouse as bait to catch fish?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I feel as if the armor on Stone Skin should be nerfed/removed or that the skill should be on a longer cooldown. Armor has become a bit too easy to stack in recent months, and 12 free armor combined with his %based lifesteal puts him over the top very quickly.

Corrupted Disciple. The ability to run around the map with permanent 522 MS and apply a huge amount of -armor to targets (with an ult that not only boosts it's own damage but cannot be stopped) AND reduce the damage of an enemy to nil while boosting your own tremendously? Combine that with the stacking 15% slow from Frostburn (Frostbane combo nonwithstanding) and the easy -armor from Bulwark and I'm unsure as to how this hero has escaped the eye of the nerfgods for so long.
    Last edited by triplej; 10-12-2011 at 01:14 AM.

Page 3 of 1201 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast