Thread: Balance & Design Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1239. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

538 43.42%
  • Eat spouse.

701 56.58%
Page 1196 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 1966961096114611861192119311941195119611971198 LastLast
Results 23,901 to 23,920 of 23955
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    you dont have damage if you go chalice pk poste haste lul. or attack speed. or anything useful at all to contribute in teamfights with, even with your ult.

pk is core for hammer, not for the blink stun but to close the distance. the hero's main counter is kiting, pk alleviates that to some degree, but ultimately he's incredibly team reliant in order to get damage out. even if you gave him 400 ms he'd still struggle to do damage because he has to attack from melee range. Maliken has similar issues however he's ranged when he ults which helps solve some of his kiting issues, but in the end the two are heavily team reliant carries that simply lack the right item or two/no mana blink in order to reach a level where I'd consider them decent carry options in this game.

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Hate being griefed by someone who says he made his account in 10 seconds? Then click here!

Hate how new players have no idea what they're doing, yet get put on your team in matchmaking? Then click here!

Wish unranked was more popular so you could play there to improve heroes you aren't so good at? Then click here!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So, DotA 2 talent tree system has had time to get used to and I believe it was welcomed by most players as a new interesting strategic addition to the game. HotS also uses a system allowing heroes to be customized depending on the game's direction and is very interesting to play with. Since both of these have been proven to be good features in both games, how about we actually discuss and attempt to implement such a system in HoN ?

I suggested this several months ago before it was even implemented in DotA 2 and still believe that it would be a cool addition to the game. It would be a great occasion to remove SotM as well, or at least use its buffs for interesting 'Master traits' available at 7 / 12 / 17 maybe ? These would have gold costs depending on the heroes. SotM lacks consistency. That would no longer be an issue since gold costs could be altered depending on the hero / buff granted.

Heroes would access these 'teachings' via a new character in the base. Support could possibly access these teachings earlier (in terms of levels) than solo heroes / carries.

I DO realise this requires lots of work but you do have places to inspire yourself with now.
    Last edited by HaerDalis; 03-15-2017 at 06:45 AM.
    My wordpress with most of my (and sometimes other people) suggestions : here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    dota's talents are a mess. ember spirit +15% magic damage at lv 10 while shadow demon has +10 ms or +6str or some crap like that at lv 10. they're def fun and all for the game but I would hold off until they actually get balanced before deciding how they actually affect the game.

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Hate being griefed by someone who says he made his account in 10 seconds? Then click here!

Hate how new players have no idea what they're doing, yet get put on your team in matchmaking? Then click here!

Wish unranked was more popular so you could play there to improve heroes you aren't so good at? Then click here!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Completely unrelated, but the new hero breakdown screen that comes in from the top-right ingame is fantastic. Props to all involved.

My blog! (updated 25/04/16: Fun With Physics) | I made a small game - Honeycomb!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by `blackbird` View Post
    even if you gave him 400 ms he'd still struggle to do damage because he has to attack from melee range.
    400 base movement speed would be awesome. He could dash through trees and just totally obliterate almost anyone without blinks. Enemy supports can throw slows and stuns at me all day, but I will catch up to them and smash them into hamburgers. lol

I don't think there's anything wrong with Hammerstorm being team reliant as he does buff the team in return. That armor and movement speed buff and his ability to long-range AoE stun are usually what I give credit to when it's just the enemy carry left versus me and my team. When the enemy carry is all mad and crying "Where tf my team? All dead gg", I'm flexing and thinking, "I'm the best!"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Change:

Rift Stalk: Activate to gain 25% Movement Speed change on 15% MANA COST: 50 change on 50 / 60 / 80 / 90
    ILLUSORY ASSAULT: change MANA COST:100 on 100 / 150 / 200
    Change Standing on the dark trail grants +15% Movement Speed dont stack with Rift Stalk.
    We are transferring power from HON and giving it back to you, the people !
    Remove KD ratio & win streaks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

OVERLOAD: Remove Overload and-1 Armor every 0.8 / 0.7 / 0.6 seconds to the lowest health target in an area around you.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisaTX View Post

OVERLOAD: Remove Overload and-1 Armor every 0.8 / 0.7 / 0.6 seconds to the lowest health target in an area around you.
    hum...

That's the biggest selling point of the ulti.

EDIT : oh, that's some new signature
    Last edited by Tartalacame; 03-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

(>' ')> ^(' - ')^ <(' '<)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You Guys are missing the point of Hammerstorm.

The fact that he has trouble closing the gap and getting/staying near the enemy heroes, should remain as it is, because the real problem is actually about his weak ulti. How it actually should be, is that his ulti damage bonus should be increased from 100%/125%/150% to 150%/200%/250% or if that is too much in testing, then atleast 150%/175%/200%. The idea of hammerstorm is that he gains ridiculous power from his hammer (ulti) but is countered by smart kiting and being mindful of hammerstorms presence during fights. This would also mean that we BUFF the UNIQUENESS of an hero, instead of trying to make it jack-of-all-trades everything-hero
    Last edited by best_carry; 03-20-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    best_carry for u logic its 300+ attack for 1 hit at level 12. This is too much. He is already strong and his stun is long. balanced.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So random question: Why does Forsaken Archer still have the 15% increased damage taken penalty on her split arrow? Feels extremely unnecessary and clunky. The hero is very fun to play, but I don't understand the reason why they have to tag on that extra damage taken. Klanx doesn't take extra damage whilst flying, Sand Wraith doesn't take extra damage on his sand, so why does Split Shot increase damage taken? If it becomes too powerful just nerf the numbers somewhere else.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23912
    Frostburn Staff Member Frostburn Staff
    Oh, how nice of you to join us in Balance Dump, Chime.

We are actually planning on removing that from Forsaken Archer in the near future.

Frostburn Studios
    Striving to create the most captivating and unforgettable gaming experiences.

ElementUser | Technical Designer | QA | Catalyst for Bugfixes, Balance & Design

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Noice. I love how that hero turned out btw. It's an absolute blast to play when you don't go 0/5 in the early game.

RCT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    My greatest sadness about FA's rework is the fact that the skeletons can't help with pushing.

At least Split shot is usable now.

Edit: I'm not saying FA needs to be able to push with skeletons, just that I'm sad to see the functionality go.
    Last edited by Psionic; 03-20-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm kinda happy with the trade-off from wonky as hell to use to smooth as hell to use. She can still push towers indirectly by killing waves faster after the rework. Always felt like FA is one of the unsung heroes of excellent hero design by Frostburn. Thematically it was a huge deal that illusions of herself aren't shooting the ultimate and Rain of Arrows anymore.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Am I bad for liking new Riptide?

My blog! (updated 25/04/16: Fun With Physics) | I made a small game - Honeycomb!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Reduces Attack Damage by 20% against heroes and increases Attack Speed by 0/100/200/300/400.

Change: Reduces Attack Damage by 0 / 20% / 40% / 60%

Because his op and unbalanced.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Today im play with this unnbalance hero.

3sec STUN + 400 attack speed.

FB, You need to seriously think about reducing its skills and damage.

3 HIT in practice its 995dmg with 2 skills whos reducing defence + ULT

Still I will add, it does not counter, unlike rampage to Void-talisman Or something else. Accordingly, this is op.

Im done.
    Last edited by KrisaTX; 03-21-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Account Icon
    Bloodhunter's q being changed from a strong skill with a potential drawback to a brainless DOT+silence is so irritating to me. I cannot stand the new direction of hon where everything has to be simplified so much. What's wrong with punishing bad players?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chime View Post
    when you don't go 0/5 in the early game.
    It's Forsaken Archer, not Forsaken Feeder.

Page 1196 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 1966961096114611861192119311941195119611971198 LastLast