Thread: Balance & Design Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1239. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

538 43.42%
  • Eat spouse.

701 56.58%
Page 1192 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 192692109211421182118811891190119111921193119411951196 ... LastLast
Results 23,821 to 23,840 of 23955
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Whip swords, gigantic claymores, whatever.. The demonic form should retain a sword IMO.
    My wordpress with most of my (and sometimes other people) suggestions : here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's hard to imagine what a 550 range sword would look like tbf. The sword is still there, its just not being used to harm people. In my headcanon, Maliken's sword is where his soul/demonic power comes from. His body is just a demonic/necrotic vessel that is willed into motion and created by the sword. So him drawing more power from the sword to enhance his body makes perfect sense to me.

I also feel that Nomad's sword is where all of his sand-based abilities come from. Like he's just a person that's skilled with a sword, but all of his otherworldly abilities stem from the blade he wields.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The sword doesn't need to be 550 range long. The sheer force created by its momentum would hurt enemies further than it can physically reach.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Psionic View Post
    Tarta, staying lane as opposed to what? Do I really have to say "But laning as opposed to kills" in order for you to accept the position? I don't think it should be unclear that Parallax and Skrap will only build up charges when they're farming creeps or hitting enemies, both of which can be earned on lane. And I think it's pretty obvious that the threshold for activating tarot/dev/vindi passives is much more difficult in a normal game than building charges on the latter.

Really, if you're going down this road, why not also have Soulstealer have a 5-point Soulsteal? Five-ish points early on doesn't make THAT much of a difference. Like, honestly, the laning argument is fought and won by freaking toddlers, why would you consider it valid?
    Well, Parallax actually have to spend mana and hit enemy hero, which Skrap & Soulstealer don't.
    That's part of why I'm pushing for Parallax, not for Skrap.

And I wouldn't be against a Soulstealer 5-points on Souls,
    with each of them adding 0/0.5/1/1.5/2 dmg and always a maximum of 40 souls,
    instead of 2 dmg per souls and 0/10/20/30/40 souls maximum.
    Last edited by Tartalacame; 02-16-2017 at 04:08 PM.

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

-----------------------------
    (>' ')> ^(' - ')^ <(' '<)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by HaerDalis View Post
    The sword doesn't need to be 550 range long. The sheer force created by its momentum would hurt enemies further than it can physically reach.
    Size matters? :P

Would you be ok if the sword shot magical projectiles instead of Maliken?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TalkingDead View Post
    Size matters? :P

Maybe upon activating R, maliken would summon Gunblade, whoop his ass, and steal his... gunblades ?

SBT members are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    what do you guys think about terrorblade (dota 2) then? as in, his metamorphosis avatar/projectile vs his base form.

or are you talking strictly about keeping the sword because of his q?

Forum Moderators are not Frostburn Studios employees. My posts in no way represent the view of Frostburn Studios or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Hate being griefed by someone who says he made his account in 10 seconds? Then click here!

Hate how new players have no idea what they're doing, yet get put on your team in matchmaking? Then click here!

Wish unranked was more popular so you could play there to improve heroes you aren't so good at? Then click here!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Fractal Horns = Must have. Makes him super cool visually. lol

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What does terrorblade do?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Nope. I'd possibly be fine with an attack based on summoning a bigass blade (Green Lantern like).

The Q is indeed a big reason why I believe the sword visual should be kept.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If they do that, it'd be interesting if they replace the splash by a 550 range line-cleave.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That could be cool looking indeed with fitting visuals.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My belief is that we await many balance patches..as dlift klanx...dsham..to OP

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Kane's aura allows long range spam nukers (tb, ello, artesia..),since the first minute, such mad harras, that the lane is unwinnable from the other side.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    oooh thats a neat strategy. I gotta try it sometime.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TalkingDead View Post
    What does terrorblade do?
    He's a hard carry in the same league as Anti-Mage. Pretty weak early, but a little space and time and you have a super scary split pusher/right-clicker in fights. Instead of being about blinking around and pressing R to blow people up who have empty, but large mana pools, Terrorblade spawns illusions of himself like a built-in Manta Style (Geo's) and has an ultimate that, when used right, can allow him to be seemingly unkillable in fights.

He also comes with a transform ability like Maliken's, but it also affects the illusions of himself he controls. :P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    One hero - one idea :

Accursed - See Accursed thread in my blog.

Adrenaline - Fractures are melee illusions. Ulti now applies a restrain + vision reduction. Fractures are now spawned randomly in an area around the target and do more damage. They only activate when an enemy approaches (just like Monkey King's ultimate illusions in DotA 2). That means that they can damage other enemies. The enemy can now dodge fractures but it's nowhere a piece of cake with vision reduction.

Aluna - That hero is ridiculously empty thematically (because of its origin I'd guess). Put some emphasis on robbery. She has AS steal already and could possibly steal skill levels with R somehow (so bonus levels granted by red Emerald make sense). Make her a sexy, evasive thief.

Might do some more in the upcoming days. Holidays, wooo !
    Last edited by HaerDalis; 02-19-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    One hero - one idea 2 :

Amun-Ra - Give a time window to the player when the hero dies which he can use to choose an area around Ra's death location to rebirth. No longer triggers Ignite, but uses a meteor instead which shadow can be seen by enemies. Makes it more interactive overall and allows the player to either commit to a fight or try to leave it, reaching the other side of an obstacle.

Andromeda - Its effect on allies now slowly decreases when they leave its range (no longer stops immediately). Andromeda spends lots of time roaming, warding, scouting runes, etc.. and often isolates herself from her team with Void Rip in team fights. Thus, classic aura mechanics hardly make sense on the hero.

Apex - I've read a draft in playdota forums which would have been absolutely awesome for Apex (that guy doesn't feel like a demon king at all as far as I'm concerned). It specifically involves 1- cursing enemies in an area and resetting the curse if an enemy hero's debuff duration is removed prematurely (via dispel or death), 2- scattering sculptures firing mini-stunning arrows around to remind his enemies of the evil they vainly try to confront, 3- being able to sever the bonds of camaraderie on a target, allowing for friendly fire from its AoE damage (not debuffs) until it suffers from enough friendly damage, and 4- summon an indestructible pedestal of judgement and using allies to help him channel waves of hellish fire until the 13th wave which brings forth actual armageddon.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Please, please more nerf on klanx. Its not fair to play as golden, or as diamond with golden in teams and to have klanx in team. He should be banned before nerf. That kind of mobility just aint fair, and should be nerfed. Thanks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Shall he receive additional nerfs on HAWK, he'll need compensation somewhere.

Page 1192 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 192692109211421182118811891190119111921193119411951196 ... LastLast