Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Balance Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

487 43.33%
  • Eat spouse.

637 56.67%
Page 144 of 921 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 18405
    In every game I see Emerald Warden picked up I always hear the same complaints.

"Wow those wolves are spammable."
    "That silence lasts forever!"
    "ugh stuck in a trap of course there's one here."
    "I can't juke him his bird spots me and there is no chance of escape, and I cant fight back because I'm silenced and slowed."
    "Easy-mode heroes win again."

I don't necessarily agree with any or all of these statements, but I feel the hero is worthy of balance discussion.

Id like to see some synergy with his ultimate and traps as far as the wolves are concerned. I don't like that by pressing W and waiting 1 second he can hit up to 2 people for 240 magic damage each in a huge area as well as slow them so he can escape/chase. If nobody is around he gained the information that its safe to continue farming. He gets all that at the push of a button, no skill or anything required. I'd like to have the wolves require vision to hit someone within that same range, that way they synergize with Gawain while EW is chasing and with his traps that give vision, as well as synergizing with the team to help out someone chasing down survivors from a teamfight. But that's my opinion...

Account Icon
    Food for thought

Also, post #14 in same thread.
    Last edited by Ekamo; 04-25-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.

Account Icon
    What are you gallumps doing? Symposium of Post-Mysticism just got leaked and is being translated into English. Go read it.

Also, does anyone really complain about EW anymore? I thought complaint about EW died down, just like complaint about DW, Swift Blade, and Black Smith did.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

I hate EW. All my friends hate him too, even the ones who play him think he's too good. IMO a higher manacost on the skills would put him where he needs to be. IMO no hero should have no problem spamming skills like EW can during early laning, besides maybe armadon..

Quote Originally Posted by Blaity View Post
    There is no need to prove what is has already been agreed upon previously on every occasion it has been discussed, as no argument against the statement has been put forward. If you are in fact denying that the Hellbourne team has an advantage when specifically referring to Kongor why don't you present the other side of the debate outlining how no advantage exists and it is balanced or that the legion has an advantage?

Please try not avoid the Topic this time
    You're not very good at arguing, are you? I've been nice enough for now.
    Go and finish high school English before replying again. Thanks in advance.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by `11411181 View Post
    You're not very good at arguing, are you? I've been nice enough for now.
    Go and finish high school English before replying again. Thanks in advance.
    The Internet: when you can't win an argument, correct their grammar.
    Please visit my thread if your tired of not having any pants http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=401955

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm bored, let's nerf an UP hero for no reason so I can Troll the people of GD.
    Druken master seems like a good pick.
    In other words; Dm needs a buff.

The Internet: when you can't win an argument, correct their grammar.
    Do you not learn about logical fallacies and how they apply to logical thinking and reason in high school or something? What a backwards country you live in.

EDIT: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~segal/98logic1.html
    Here you are, precious knowledge from the bowels of Google! Drink up, my child!
    Last edited by `11411181; 04-26-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Account Icon
    Do you not learn about logical fallacies and how they apply to logical thinking and reason in high school or something? What a backwards country you live in.

EDIT: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~segal/98logic1.html
    Here you are, precious knowledge from the bowels of Google! Drink up, my child!

Its ironic how you are trying to appear smart yet make yourself look stupid as you cant even present an argument for your side of the debate.

Accept your loss and move on.
    Please visit my thread if your tired of not having any pants http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=401955

what if ew's wolves did 300 damage like most nukes, is that viable?

Its ironic how you are trying to appear smart yet make yourself look stupid as you cant even present an argument for your side of the debate.

Accept your loss and move on.
    You mean, I'm asking you to provide any credible proof that Kongor is imbalanced for Hellbourne, to which your only response is "everyone else thinks it is, therefore it must be true".
    Last edited by `11411181; 04-26-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Babar View Post
    what if ew's wolves did 300 damage like most nukes, is that viable?
    So...she slows, silences, hawk hits 300 and you want the wolves to hit 300? I guess you have some issues man...
    EW is already too unbalanced...pick her and its immortal for sure...specially if you go mid lane
    She shouldnt silence, slow or heal...one of these should go...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Buying potions from the secret shop while in-lane (in hellbourne mid) is just too much. Devourer mid as hellbourne is crazy with when you abuse the access to wards and pots while in lane.

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

It's better to create a list of possible reasons as to why Hellbourne has their modest win ratio advantage than to argue over the proper forms of presenting an argument as regards a singular possible reason for the Hellbourne advantage.

Such as the Hellbourne mid potion access, Legion triple stacking, better ward/ramp spots, etc.

With a list, one can directly analyse each point and consider each point in amalgam. It is not helpful to argue over a single point that may or may not be objectively proven, and it certainly isn't helpful to criticise someone for a viewpoint without first explaining possible reasons elaborating why their idea is probably wrong (in, hopefully, a manner that isn't incredibly, albeit impressively, derogative and condescending; more importantly, to explain analytically as opposed to commenting on the logical fallacies surrounding the viewpoint, because such viewpoints and arguments would arise and proliferate otherwise).
    Last edited by Alten; 04-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    I've decided to make a sig. I hope you're enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jispinho View Post
    So...she slows, silences, hawk hits 300 and you want the wolves to hit 300? I guess you have some issues man...
    EW is already too unbalanced...pick her and its immortal for sure...specially if you go mid lane
    what if removed the slow from the wolfs and added 2 sec stun instead?

also make can wayne bird attack creeps

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jispinho View Post
    1. EW is a male
    2. Gawain hits for 100/200/300, which is usually only 20 more damage than you hit for at that level, and it's only once every 7 seconds. Hardly OP
    3. EW is on the weak side of the spectrum, but still pretty balanced.
    4. You're and idort
    5. EW has no stun, one AoE farming tool, mediocre burst, mediocre sustained damage, no escape mechanism, and a bit of level dependency. A hero with all of these traits isn't OP. Sure, he has a ton of utility from Gawain, 625 range, and silencing shot, but he's a mediocre hero at best. I'd rather have an actual good carry on my team, like Valkyrie, who also happens to be OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Account Icon
    You mean, I'm asking you to provide any credible proof that Kongor is imbalanced for Hellbourne, to which your only response is "everyone else thinks it is, therefore it must be true".
    The proof is in the map, take one quick look and you will realize why it is imbalanced, its located far closer to one base than the other. The fact that you could not figure this out for yourself only further outlines how stupid you really are. But for humanity's sake I will have to assume you are just trolling.

I saw Scout with Codex once, hero just farm and then came out and 2 shot whole team for whole game. How stop that? So OP omfgomfgomfg so obvious imba if just look, noob.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The proof is in the map, take one quick look and you will realize why it is imbalanced, its located far closer to one base than the other. The fact that you could not figure this out for yourself only further outlines how stupid you really are. But for humanity's sake I will have to assume you are just trolling.
    So, you agree that the Observatory is biased towards the Legion, then?

I mean, if all that matters is distance to the respective base, then it's a simple matter. Right?

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    So, you agree that the Observatory is biased towards the Legion, then?

I mean, if all that matters is distance to the respective base, then it's a simple matter. Right?
    Assuming that would be stupid, considering HB mid heroes can buy resources from the Obs, by cutting a single tree.. Observatory is imbalanced to HB if anything.