Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Balance Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

494 43.45%
  • Eat spouse.

643 56.55%
Page 241 of 932 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 18638
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by foxmindedguy View Post
    Consumable
    400 g for 1 lotion
    When used, consumes the lotion and makes the user immune to magic for 2.5 seconds.
    4char
    EndGoodSmith, Cruel Dictator of the HoN Forums

Who needs Shrunken Head lategame? Grab 2 of those and chain-chug.
    Ban evasion

Just curious, whats a frostburn you're talking about?
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Check my guide

Quote Originally Posted by zstarkey42 View Post
    Just curious, whats a frostburn you're talking about?
    The badge underneath someone's avatar. Signifies that they're not completely ignorable and may actually provide valuable insight.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    People really should be aware of the forum rules by now. No personal attacks, please attack the argument (however ridiculous you may find it - there is no excuse for flamebait).

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/12/14: Games Design and RTS Games)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by XFlame View Post
    The badge underneath someone's avatar. Signifies that they're not completely ignorable and may actually provide valuable insight.
    Browsing threads must be very brief for you.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

ive discovered the new OPness: nomad
    have you ever watched lord of the rigns? aragorn is nomad
    (for those who dont watch lotr: it is like playing diablo 2 except nomad is the character and the rest are zombies and those spiky fukers
    he swings sword and the hon all dies

lets see why this happens:
    sandstorm is survivability plus slow and ms - it confuses my team and lets nomad initiate on my tempest(not good)
    mirage strike/kill strike(?) - this is the best. the W is like a pred leap on steroids. E is like a night hound pouncing - but it is a copy! and oh free invis too wtf idejder?
    dustcrit - pretty simple spell. imagine swift or madman crit, except with 100% chance and no cooldown. this spell lets nomad outcarry draconis or even bloodhunter. it even works on creeps and the dragons
    no retreat - makes you undieable and creates a moving behemoth ulti. pretty balanced? no its not ffs

strengths:
    high damage
    high speed
    good survivability
    stun, slow, blink
    requires almost no items
    op

weaknesses:
    eye
    bloodhunter
    eye

nerf this op main character, we dont want to play as mobs(just nerf it)!!!
    or for non d2-player: nerf nomad s2
    dsg <3

Do like being flamed on how bad your opinions are?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think it's fun, especially if it relates to Monkey King.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

check my latest games if you dont believe me
    i may exaggerate a bit, but he is op
    its only hero ive ever one shot devo with
    its like female pyro and nh had a child
    super ganker + strong carry = nomad
    its just too much
    Last edited by UffeK; 11-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    dsg <3

Account Icon
    Huge truths in that post man! )
    Crawl back to the pit that spawned you!

Indeed. To be honest Nomad feels a little over the top in the pubstomper status after all the recent buffs.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Check my guide

"Deadwood's a pretty good hero, has decent lane presence since he can lasthit everything against anyone."
    "But he still uses mana though, and I think we've made it clear that we want to devalue mana as a resource as much as possible by making it trivial to gain or need."
    "This is true - how can we implement that on a hero though without people calling us out for it?"
    "Well, Nomad has a charge-based reliable critical strike...why not just make it hit creeps?"
    "...Brilliant. Will it make him stomp pubs too hard though, or even make the competitive players pick him even?"
    "Let's cross that hurdle when we come to it, son."

(not me, but hilarious nonetheless)
    Ban evasion

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why not just make another Ra?
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    People really should be aware of the forum rules by now. No personal attacks, please attack the argument (however ridiculous you may find it - there is no excuse for flamebait).
    People who say 'magic immunity should be the purview of a 400 gold consumable, not of a 3900 gold item with significant opportunity cost to heroes that have little need for the other stats on it' should not be running around being hailed as having exceptional insight into balance. The point at which it is sensible to first build a shrunken head is the peak of effectiveness for certain heroes, both due to the stats on it and the disable immunity. Letting it be a 400g consumable allows every hero in the game to grab it as they reach peak effectiveness, and, especially due to the prevalence of magic nukes and stuns as the game has developed, probably be more effective as a source of magic immunity than shrunken is on the heroes shrunken head is core on.

People who are in this situation are literally marked on the forum as being better at balance than other people on this forum, despite posting things to the suggestion forum that would utterly disrupt the balance of the game in unhealthy ways, considering the current state of the game. If the state of the game were otherwise, it could potentially be a good suggestion.
    In balance, the burden of proof is on you to show your suggestion a) does what you say it will do, b) won't disrupt balance elsewhere, and c) isn't retarded beyond belief. Until you show these three things, the last may be assumed.

Perhaps we should close the Balance Dump, then, if you find the throwaway concepts on it to be so offensive and reprehensible.
    I've decided to make a sig. I hope you're enjoying it.

Oh look, somehow I'm unbanned 2-3 months early.
    I'm judged by my wild image a lot
    And everybody seems to think I have a sinister plot
    I do! Be offended by every sentence I jot
    I got some militant thoughts, and you ain't killin' 'em off!
    So listen...

Consider it a Christmas present.

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ALL HAIL MAN_GUY

caps
    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    this is a guide to the yungle. what is the yungle? the yungle is a place full of gold that you haven`t got yet.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewstar View Post
    ALL HAIL MAN_GUY
    What happened to worshiping me
    EndGoodSmith, Cruel Dictator of the HoN Forums

Page 241 of 932 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast