Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Balance Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

490 43.29%
  • Eat spouse.

642 56.71%
Page 136 of 928 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 18560
    Anyone else bored of seeing pebs, arma ctulu and some other heros always banned or picked ? >>

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Did Anakha quit after the Vindicator rework or is there simply nothing to contribute in right now?
    Hello.

Dump:

I still don't get the Vindicator change. This game needs more niche heroes. I guess Arachna became one, but I miss the old Vindi so goddamn much.

I'm really glad Ra and Midas lost their popularity. Gayest designs ever.

Too many heroes are being released. Annoying. **** is confusing and giving most of the comp players have very limited brain capacity(especially now that Fly left), I'm guessing only a small part of the hero pool will be picked up in comp matches.

Gemini least played hero in Newerth. Haha

Theoretically SR would fit the metagame, but no one picks him. Guess he needs a buff.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    Wild Hunters are wild cards and Skeleton Kings are called kings for a reason.
    I was thinking of his minions, I am not sure what they are called.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by GregerMoek View Post
    I was thinking of his minions, I am not sure what they are called.
    Skeleton Ho.

Tjey are there to serve the king.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tedde View Post
    pebbles?
    Pebbles does slightly less damage, but he has downsides like his really low mana pool, low armour and it's relatively easy to see coming. MK can hit you from anywhere, has decent armour to make harass less effective and scales much better than Pebbles. Pebbles can also be hit by most stuns, but MK is REALLY hard to stun when he's jumping all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by `11411181 View Post
    Hello.
    I see now.

Very well, proceed.
    "Friends. Those companions you speak of are only friends during those fun, yet unimportant times. When painful times come, they won't be your ally."

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I am really annoyed at certain heroes, maybe because of imbalance but everytime I see these heroes in the other team my blood ****ing boils.

This guy, every single game, he is there. With his extreme manaburn his annoying ass blink that gives him 15 magic armour and him never dying and in endgame being ****ing unstoppable. **** Magebane.

Zephyr has alot of the problems that magebane has but this guy is even more immortal. Stopping his farm seems like an impossible task and fighting back alone is like throwing yourself into a hurricane. Literally.

This guy, combined with a support, is very often a lost lane for you. Yes in pro games he can be easily stopped by the koreans but in pub games you're gonna have a bad time. My biggest hate is his ultimate that makes him invulnerable and will kill you if you're alone. ****ing hate it.

Mostly because of his disgusting magic immunity and ability to hit hard always. This is mostly me just having a hissy fit as soon as I see him and not because of imbalance but I still always feel like he is too good every game.

Just becuase she appears in every single ****ing game I play, and every single pro game. **** valkyrie I don't wanna see her. GO AWAY

Originally made by vgr`.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimor View Post
    Just becuase she appears in every single ****ing game I play, and every single pro game. **** valkyrie I don't wanna see her. GO AWAY
    I love that that picture of Valk appears to be mid coitus, possible unexpected coitus.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Delimor View Post
    I am really annoyed at certain heroes, maybe because of imbalance but everytime I see these heroes in the other team my blood ****ing boils.
    The only thing that makes my blood boil more than Valkyrie is the pony fandom. **** YOU VALKYRIE, A 450 DAMAGE NUKE AT LEVEL 7 IS NOT OKAY. GO **** YOURSELF YOU STUPID BLOND BIMBO !1111!!!oneone111111two222111!!!!!!

Also, why is anyone surprised that the hero catering to furrieis is complete and utter ****, as he should be? I don't even care about balance, I just want him to go die in a fire with his pony, wolf, fox, and dragon ****ing ilk.

LOL @ the guy saying Pebbles < MK. Holy ****, man, Pebbles is ****ing insane. Good luck trying to last hit against this guy if he bought a crushing claw. Also, good luck trying to push that monster out of lane, as he'll either go get rune and mow your ass down, or he'll toss an ancient into the lane and ****-block you from your exp. Oh, and it's not as if 900 damage on a 20 second cooldown, for only 240 mana at that, is anything to scoff at. Only hero who I hate more than Pebbles is Valkyrie, and we ALL know she is imba limba shiggidy riggidy wimmer wammer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Let's talk about Revenant.. Played him for like the second time yesterday and really enjoyed it too. Went solo mid against a Shaman and was a decent game overall.

I feel he is a bit weak though.. First thing I noticed is the short duration of the buff on his first skill. Buff lasts 5 seconds per hit and even if you manage to hit the enemy two times, it still only does 260 extra damage in total, on level 4. Well, I guess it also slows and has a short cooldown/manacost, so that is OK, but I still feel the buff should last longer.

I don't like the second skill. Does 270 dot damage on level 4, which is not a lot, plus if you level both the first and the second skills, you won't get the invis, which is probably the skill that makes Revenant useful.

Quote Originally Posted by LoLPlaya_ View Post
    LI don't like the second skill. Does 270 dot damage on level 4, which is not a lot, plus if you level both the first and the second skills, you won't get the invis, which is probably the skill that makes Revenant useful.
    You do know that the dot stacks with multiple applications? At level 16 you're doing 270x3 magic aoe damage. You push and farm creeps like a fiend

Quote Originally Posted by Imjelly View Post
    You do know that the dot stacks with multiple applications? At level 16 you're doing 270x3 magic aoe damage. You push and farm creeps like a fiend
    Eh, didn't know that, thank you.

Then I guess it's pretty obvious that you should level your Q and E first, because W becomes really effective only with the ultimate.

Thinking about it, this kinda sucks. i mean you get a good farming tool only at level 16.

Also, you need to get your ultimate at 6, because that allows you to cast Q while in invis.

Thoughts from the Balance Forum people on the new forum? I quite like it myself.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think it's completely unbalanced.

OP on a PC but on a mobile device it's just horribly weak and I'd pick Old Forum over it any day.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Will have to get used to it, thats for sure.

Legionnaire change is proof you can't just balance with a histogram, there needs to be a bit of thought behind non-numerical effects. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Legionnaire
    - Whirling Blade: Chance now starts at 0% and increases by 8% every time he is attacked
    * Can no longer proc many attacks in a row, at least 1 attack must happen between spins now
    * Much higher chance to spin around the 4th attack
    * Still activates on 12th attack no matter what

New proc rate over many (thousands) of attacks: 19.5%
    New proc rate over 16 attacks (ie: a gank): 17%

So nerfs over a gank timescale, but buffs to farming. Someone didn't think this through properly.

E: over 6 attacks (ie: a cleaner gank): 14%

I should put together some histograms and call a statistic staggering so people pay more attention to me.

E2: why is there still a kludged on cap? At 14 attacks p>1 so an externally applied cap isn't needed. If 14 is too long to go between procs, a) go play axe, and b) adjust the 8% value.

This change is the least thought through thing I've seen in a while.
    Last edited by changlingbob; 04-05-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    In balance, the burden of proof is on you to show your suggestion a) does what you say it will do, b) won't disrupt balance elsewhere, and c) isn't retarded beyond belief. Until you show these three things, the last may be assumed.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why is a nerf to ganks, but an (average) buff to farming (thought technically for wiping anything short of an ancient camp you're not going to be taking much less than say, 32 hits), not thought through properly?

I'm not disagreeing, it's just interesting to see a complete lack of reasoning in your post. You state things, and then infer negative things about other people while doing so. No argumentation to back up said statements, however.

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

Legionnaire needed no real buff to his farming, and then with a nerf to any kind of gank - it promotes him just dryhumping creeps more.