Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Balance Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1078. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

466 43.23%
  • Eat spouse.

612 56.77%
Page 7 of 872 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewstar View Post
    So I've been trying to post here and there on this forum, but I'm cracking. Kudos to those of you that manage to keep your sanity intact after being here for so long.

Maybe I should stop holding it in.
    Sanity?
    Let me spell it out plain for you
    Angry people complain about the things I do
    I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up
    Maintaining my name, the same way I came up.

Truth is, I thought it mattered
    I thought that music mattered.
    But does it? Bollocks!
    Not compared to how people matter.

Pebbles should deal 99 % less damage to my soulstealer

I have no clue how to dodge Ra's meteor in the lane. I've tried running through, sideways, and backwards, but it always hits me. I'm simply at a loss. I had no problem before the recent aiming change, now it's simply undodgeable.

jkjkjk im just bad lol

Depends where you are, relative to him. That's a judgment call though.

But does it? Bollocks!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Haven't had a chance to Monarch yet, can someone give me a quick balanced/unbalanced estimate of her abilities?

Vahn Brand Signature
    Code of Conduct: Read it, learn it, obey it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I can never win against hag

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs View Post
    I know that feel, bro.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Account Icon
    Try Defiler. Defiler seems really amazing against her.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Try Defiler. Defiler seems really amazing against her.
    Exact opposite really. I only really manage to beat her as Monkey King/Panda.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Account Icon
    Panda is great, true. Succubus/Warden shouldn't be too bad either.

Not sure how you would use Monkey against her unless you pick up a Hellflower.

Nomad seems better imo, since he has great harass, and his ult should rather easily be able to counter hers.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GregerMoek View Post
    LOL, WoW arena requires only the current OP setup and you'll win. The scrubs are better in WoW than they are in HoN because they use all those abilities when they levle. Moreover in area you don't use over 100 skills as ANY class.

The CC's are all balanced around one item which lolblizz is trying to balance the whole PvP game around.

DotA HoN requires more team coordination than WoW arena ever will.

As someone who was the third top rated in WoW arena season 3 before Warglaives (up to the point when Arena went downhill in terms of balance and everything else) WoW arena is far from harder than HoN.

I mean I played for maybe three years, was one of the best in my battle group. I've played HoN for maybe two years, given that I don't have any team to play with which some might claim does a lot, and I haven't even reached past 1820 rating in MMR. I personally don't believe that team crap, people can solo their way to their own level if they are good enough.

Having more buttons to mash =/= more skill needed.
    Scrubs in WoW can win easier than scrubs in HoN. Mostly because the only type of positioning that matters in WoW is if you're behind a pillar or not when you're a healer along with if you're in range to heal and dispell.

In HoN you need to draft strategically and perhaps even hope to outpick your opponent. Then you need to perform well and in most cases you need to aim something, which isn't the case in WoW. You can play any setup and get to 2400 rating EASILY. There are more RNG stuff in WoW such as crits and skills like Frostbite or Blazing Speed. Almost all mastery things and random **** like that. A single macro and you can locate any nearby enemies easily unless they are stealthed. You play 3v3 (because 5v5 is just about 12345-setups atm). In HoN you need more communication because you often need to have some kind of coordination when loling up your spells, in WoW sure this is what you aim to do as well, but the lengths of CC and the non-progressing stats in a game pretty much makes every fight similar to something you've done before.

In WoW you visit arenajunkies if you're a scrub and read a guide for your class and team up with someone. Then you play arena as if you'd play PvE (YES players ARE predictable in WoW, there are pretty much only a few things people would consider doing in any situation, for example pop palabubble if it's off cd and they are going low while being silenced or stunned) up to about 2400 rating. At that level you need to think a bit, if you have the current OP setup you'll probably do fine. Not to mention that RMP has always and will always be good because Rogues and Mages pretty much always will be strong because of their ccs and utilities and they are able to reset fights pretty easily.

Basically, HoN is harder than WoW for many many reasons. The noobs in WoW are better than the noobs in HoN. Also WoW is one of the most unbalanced games in terms of PvP and the balance team are not even trying.

To sum it up, even if you have 100 skills in WoW you basically only need to use about 10 of them. As a mage for example you get far by only having
    Frost Nova, Frostbolt, Ice Lance, Ice Block, Ice Barrier, Elemental, Blink, FFB, Deep Freeze, Evocation and Polymorph. Sure there are a few more to achieve perfection but mashing more buttons doesn't make it harder.

In WoW you need timing only once you learn the oh so hard combinations of 13-18 spells you might use in Arena as almost two thirds of your skills are spec dependant. In HoN you need timing, strategy, team setup, positioning, knowledge, item progression and map awareness and much more.

Could write an essay but you won't get the point anyways I suppose.
    +1 Gladiator/Merciless Gladiator and all I did to get it was run Priest/Rogue with a crapton of good PvE gear on the rogue.

Credit to Devious`, with thanks to AvunaOs for my last signature

Sanity is op. Nerf plz.

If hag loses in lane, she becomes a bit of a liability really, no presence indefinitely because she has to play so cautiously and use her blink defensively or get nailed to a cross.

Basically dominate her early, then just make sure she gets her nullstone/hex after your carries/semicarries get their core, and you're looking good for a win.

Also, early blinks on other hard gankers absolutely rape her, since she usually farms in isolation a bit further forward than other heroes. If, for example, a Tundra blinks in next to her, other heroes will be able to get forward fast enough to turn it into a chain stun and kill her every time.

Not that she's underpowered, just has well defined strengths and weaknesses.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I hate that I love playing mostly hard carries. Buff plxx.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    I pick Fayde when I see an enemy EW or MB and gank them mercilessly (yes I still rep codex hard).

I then ****-talk them in all-chat to drive down their morale.

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveah View Post
    I understood the implications of this, until the thread took an Elementuser to the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles15 View Post
    I have no clue how to dodge Ra's meteor in the lane. I've tried running through, sideways, and backwards, but it always hits me. I'm simply at a loss. I had no problem before the recent aiming change, now it's simply undodgeable.

jkjkjk im just bad lol
    It still has a minimum range it has to travel. Run towards Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by man_guy View Post
    Armor / damage types?

Lane pulling is just plain BS. Having to buy wards to stop is to the point of necessity and might as well just not exist.
    I actually kinda agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakha View Post
    Charged Hammer is a delightfully undiscovered item, and there are plenty of reasons to pick up a Wingbow over Savage.
    :ChargedHammer: <3 http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=344735

I feel that :ChargedHammer: are all underrated. And i am generally annoyed by the entire competitive scene sitting on the same bandwagon. Although it has improved imo.

And the thing is, that Charged Hammer comparison only factored in the lightning strike on the initial attack target, not the bounce.

I personally think Savage Mace is overpowered as well (too gold efficient), so that's a very damning outlook on an item that everyone considered underpowered (except pubs who have it commonplace in their games and know the power of getting 4-5 lightning procs in a row)

But does it? Bollocks!

Assuming the proc on SM is 35 damage on average, the item gains 29 damage, ministun and True Strike when it's assembled, which is indeed quite a lot.

Also, Charged Hammer + Harkon's on Puppet is pure win! Also empties your mana pool rather fast though.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Charged Hammer deals like 600 damage per proc I guess (divided on to three targets) and the buff deals about the same. Pretty decent damage when one thinks about it. Before reductions that is ofcourse.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Page 7 of 872 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast