Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Balance Dump

View Poll Results: You're stuck on an island with no food.

Voters
1125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eat foot.

487 43.29%
  • Eat spouse.

638 56.71%
Page 4 of 921 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Can we please nerf Warden already. The fact that she wins 55% of games, highest of any hero, ones that come close are RA.... surprise indicates that she is a bit op.

Lets look
    Silence+physical dmg scaling+safe range
    Double Snare+2000 range+280 magic dmg+homing
    2 Traps+vision+Melee root+melee skill disable
    Nuke+Heal+Fog vision

IS this **** for real?

She shits on most melee heroes because you can't chase her into the fog cause she either drops her trap, spams her wolves or just simply jukes you with superior vision from ult. Ohh and if you catch up to her she just silence you and you sit there like and idiot.

She shits on most casters and supports cause she can silence them from safe range and again you sit there with a dick in your hand.

She scales just as well as any range carry in game

and OHH she is ridiculously easy to play, even scrubs **** on good player with her.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    A Rant thread...awesome S2.

Here's my only rant.

Re-adjust Scout's, Nighthound's, Tremble's and Monkey's King base armor!! The base armors for those heroes are so ridiculously high and makes no aesthetic sense. If only those heroes had less base armor, my team would've been able to kill them sooner!!

Why does my Nyan Cat courier not play music?! I want to be able to play it instead of my hero. Run it around, just play the music just out of sight of the enemy, and annoy the hell out of everyone.

The only real problem with EW is that noone wants to buy vestments, as her wolves are merely an excellent harass skill (while also good for ksing juking heroes), and not the terrifying death skill everyone makes them out to be.

Also, if a rant is required, pretend I ranted here about balance appearing to be equivalent to what shows up in competitive games and/or what you got pubstomped by recently, instead of actually figuring out balance.

Fairly sure tinker's rockets would induce far more range than EW's wolves :3
    Strength Moves Only Mountains, Ideas Shift Worlds.

Having trouble solving the art of the Puzzlebox? Have no fear! Simply click here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbringer View Post
    Fairly sure tinker's rockets would induce far more range than EW's wolves :3
    Tinker's rockets need sight to fire though, don't they?

They are also highly spammable and with post haste tinker becomes ridiculous.

I am actually kind of glad he isn't in HoN. The amount of rage he would create...
    Strength Moves Only Mountains, Ideas Shift Worlds.

Having trouble solving the art of the Puzzlebox? Have no fear! Simply click here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Nah, I still think Furion would create much more rage.

I mean people were crying about Keeper and his minions, but Furion can still have double minions, and has a global teleport, which allows him to push any lane he wants at any time.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

I am actually kind of glad he isn't in HoN. The amount of rage he would create...
    I've really enjoyed watching tinker in the dota2 matches I've seen, but wouldn't want him in HoN.

This forum needs a HotBL thread.

Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by PzKw View Post
    This forum needs a HotBL thread.

Badly.

hobtl/vanguard imba in both games :O

Account Icon
    ra is ridic
    rampage is ridic
    kraken is ridic
    emereld warden is ridic
    nomad is ridic
    predater is ridic
    parasite is ridic
    fayde is ridic
    armadon is ridic
    myrmadon is ridic
    zephr is ridic
    flint is ridic
    silet is ridic

Account Icon
    What the hell is the point of Charged Hammer?

It doesn't do damage to the targets you want it to because they probably have a shrunken head, and if you get it as a farming item early, you're even more of a glass cannon than a melee with Runed Axe, which at least has regen.

I can see exactly what the point is supposed to be but I feel it's lackluster in every way. if you want damage, pick up riftshards or savage mace. If you want farm, i'd say just go alch bones.

That said, you can farm VERY fast with Charged Hammer... and the buff is pretty nice, but ugh, i dunno.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Lego loves him some Charged Hammer.

Account Icon
    Ra is fine
    EW is under powered
    Fayde is fine
    FA is fine
    Martyr is under powered
    Tremble is the worst hero in game
    Blood Hunter still sucks
    Devourer was nerfed way harder than need be. BRING BACK HOOK BACK
    Andro was nerfed too hard.
    Valkyrie is the most broken hero in game
    Soul Reaper needs a buff
    Balphagore needs a rework
    SW needs a rework
    Hell Bringer is fine, he just kills a lane with harass
    Ophelia is a little bit under powered because of one minion until level 5
    Arachna is in need of a buff (or a rework)
    MQ needs a buff (or rework)
    SB is a bit underpowered
    WH is over powered
    MoA is fine
    Slither is balanced
    Tort is a balanced
    Flint is OP
    Legionnaire needs a rework or a massive overhauling of his skills
    Succubus needs help
    Armadon is broken
    Moraxus is under powered
    Myrmidon is stupid
    Bubbles is broken
    Predator is over powered
    Wildsoul is silly and could probably use some reevaluating
    TDL is under powered
    Madman is underwhelming
    Everyone forgot Maliken existed
    Engineer is under powered, but extremely annoying.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Lego loves him some Charged Hammer.
    "But at what cost!?!?"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sign me up for the group of people who wants ra to get nerfed. That hero just doesn't belong in this game. I just don't feel like I did anything wrong when I lose to one. It's like yeah dude your godlike, now try doing that on a hero that doesn't get to annihilate creep waves every 10 seconds with a life tube. I remember when nome told me his balance was that you have to be twice as careful with your health, but his meteor is like a tenth of his health now. I didn't think you could make an easier with less of a skill curve than skeleton king, but there you go.
    Last edited by TRYTROUSERS; 10-12-2011 at 04:56 PM.

They have a 25 second cooldown. That's not spammable.

Unless you mean he uses rockets, ults, returns to fountain because he's now short on mana, ults, tps to where he was, and then uses rockets. But that's not really spamming, is it?

Not to mention they don't slow.

Concerning Ra, I still don't understand how people can complain about him again. They nerfed Ra when they reworked shieldbreaker. USE. IT. He drops in 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Shadeward; 10-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Maybe if shield breaker applied to your whole team that would be a good point, but it doesn't so it isn't.

Spend 5500 gold on -6 armor? hey look chain mail is 550 gold and gives 5 armor. niggasup.

Quote Originally Posted by TRYTROUSERS View Post
    Maybe if shield breaker applied to your whole team that would be a good point, but it doesn't so it isn't.

Spend 5500 gold on -6 armor? hey look chain mail is 550 gold and gives 5 armor. niggasup.
    Except no one ever buys armor on Ra until much later (if at all). And the shieldbreaker effect is a debuff on the enemy hero, so the -armor affects your whole team's right-click damage output. So what you said makes no sense.

Barbed armor is also extremely potent against him. I've been using Puzzlebox Pharaoh very effectively to counter Ra.
    Last edited by Shadeward; 10-12-2011 at 05:20 PM.