Thread: [2.2.0] Soul Reaper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Euh, even against a hero reaching 3K+ hps... it really only deals 30 damage per second... over 10 seconds, that 300 or 1 nuke, over 20 seconds, 600 or 2 nukes... Really, you think its that strong considering there is HP regen on top of this?

I don't.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomate View Post
    Euh, even against a hero reaching 3K+ hps... it really only deals 30 damage per second... over 10 seconds, that 300 or 1 nuke, over 20 seconds, 600 or 2 nukes... Really, you think its that strong considering there is HP regen on top of this?

I don't.
    It's true damage. At 3k hp, it is as strong as Mock.

Sure, some heroes might have the health regen to ignore this (I'm looking at you, Ra), and some just don't mind it, but you have to remember that this skill is much like a mock. I still stand by what I said about level one aura, though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Quote Originally Posted by skeloperch View Post
    It's true damage. At 3k hp, it is as strong as Mock.

Sure, some heroes might have the health regen to ignore this (I'm looking at you, Ra), and some just don't mind it, but you have to remember that this skill is much like a mock. I still stand by what I said about level one aura, though.
    I just think that's not enough for that late. Anyone hitting around 3k hp is either FARMED AS HELL early, FAT AS HELL (devo), or just plain leveled up. And no team i have ever faced all is sitting on 3k hp. that means your "free mock" is damaging MAYBE one or two people for any conceivable amount, if this canceled pk, which im 99% sure it doesnt, being that its an aura, i think it would MAYBE ressemble a mock.

THAT BEING SAID.

Soul reaper was also probably my most played hero at one point, . I loved that hero SO MUCH.

IMO, armor/str gain buff.
    maybe movespeed/attack animation speed buff.
    buff aura range by a LOT.

OR make his ultimate True damage. TROLOLLOOLOLOL

Mechanically speaking, I do feel that his aura needs a buff. If it had a range increase and had the same damaging properties as a mock (to interrupt potions, cancel pkey, etc.) then I feel it would solve his laning problems while at the same time making him a good counter to jump heroes like Pebbles, Pyro, etc.

He just isn't strong enough in many situations; while he can occasionally be a good niche pick, these are rare occurrences, as a whole. While it is indisputably power creep that has forced him into the corner he is in today, it is also hardly feasible to nerf other heroes to his level; that is, considering how few heroes are as situational, perhaps even weak as he is -- as compared to how many heroes are at least at a level similar to Tort, Slither, etc.
    If we increased his utility even somewhat with things like increased MS or ability utility, then I feel we could increase his versitility to a point that would make him a strong pick (or counterpick) without pushing him to an OP status (as despaired upon by many observers of the old Necrolyte).
    Last edited by Alten; 10-13-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Alten View Post
    Mechanically speaking, I do feel that his aura needs a buff. If it had a range increase and had the same damaging properties as a mock (to interrupt potions, cancel pkey, etc.) then I feel it would solve his laning problems while at the same time making him a good counter to jump heroes like Pebbles, Pyro, etc.
    If it had the same damaging properties as Mock he would become a very, very broken hero.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    If it had the same damaging properties as Mock he would become a very, very broken hero.
    This, Mock costs 5400 gold and there is no smaller item with similar effects for a very good reason. Sand Wraith can kind of do this but needs to have points in dissipate and take damage, so...

In fact, it honestly amazes me that Andromeda's aurora is magic damage and not hp removal like dota.

Account Icon
    In fact, it honestly amazes me that Andromeda's aurora is magic damage and not hp removal like dota.
    That was done when they removed true damage from most abilities (Ophelia, Jeraziah).

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    It's always been magic damage. They rescaled the damage once but it went from magic to magic.

Keep in mind HP Removal is not True damage. HP Removal is damage that does not break mana pots and health pots and pkeys and whatnot.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny0 View Post
    It's always been magic damage. They rescaled the damage once but it went from magic to magic.

Keep in mind HP Removal is not True damage. HP Removal is damage that does not break mana pots and health pots and pkeys and whatnot.
    HP removal also hurts Accursed through his ultimate. Making it health removal is a very minute indirect nerf. Emphasis on very minute.

Anyways, I feel that if a buff to aura is warranted, it should be that every x amount of seconds under aura will end stuff like potions and put Pkey on cooldown. That way you can't Pkey away from a SR trailing you while being outside of his Q and auto attack range.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Quote Originally Posted by Alten View Post
    . If it had a range increase and had the same damaging properties as a mock (to interrupt potions, cancel pkey, etc.) then I feel it would solve his laning problems while at the same time making him a good counter to jump heroes like Pebbles, Pyro, etc.
    If it had a range increase and the ability to cancels Pots it would be very, very strong. He would be the best harass in the game. e.g. Being able to play super aggressive at level 2 because he knows you can't Pot during the fight and he can. I can only imagine the nerfs he would receive after being buffed like that.

This conversation is dominated by players who have no ****ing clue. It really needs some chlorine.

Make aura cancel PK and Potions?

Really?

GTFO this forum.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Soul Reaper has been beaten into the ground with discussion many times and each thread has resolved that he could use the most minor of buffs, but is overall a fine hero in way of skillset and what he offers to a team. It is his early game that is particularly vulnerable, which leads one to think maybe an improved attack anim, slightly higher base damage, higher survivability in way of additional strength, or better range could assist him.

Thread closed.