Thread: Why do I suck when mid-game arrives

Why do I suck when mid-game arrives

Ok, so Im usually playing solo mid, semi-carries/mid game carries.

I always beat my mid opponent and the lanes with CK/Denies, and I'm almost always the top gpm player until 15-20 minute mark.

But when the midgame arrives, I very often lose my advantage. I usually play when this happens.

I've been floating around 1650 on both my accounts for the last 2 months.

Perfect match example: Match 63897470

didn't check the match, but this is the time when team fights usually start happening and all those heroes you posted are very squishy, which comes to a conclusion:
    1. poor positioning in team fights
    2. lack of vision and thus being ganked
    3. teammates leave their lanes and farm around chaotically

= you lose your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Preester View Post
    didn't check the match, but this is the time when team fights usually start happening and all those heroes you posted are very squishy, which comes to a conclusion:
    1. poor positioning in team fights
    2. lack of vision and thus being ganked
    3. teammates leave their lanes and farm around chaotically

= you lose your advantage.
    2 -> happens in 50-60% of matches
    3 -> 99.9% of all matches

1 -> might be true, check the replay and give me feedback on my positioning?

Account Icon
    I saw through some of the replay, and will give you a few pointers on how you can improve YOUR game. Did not like the picks of your teammates, and a couple of them had some pretty horrible plays at times. What YOU can do :

Early game: Dampeer plays defensively and u have control over mid. Here you could have had a higher gpm than u did. You should try to improve ur lasthitting/denies.
    -When going for the rune, you should kill the enemy creepwave relatively fast first, so that u are back for the next wave, and dont miss any gold/xp.
    -Several times u ignored a creep in denyrange, and damp got it
    -Try to think ahead. If u see that 2 creeps is going to get in lasthitrange at the same time, u might want to hit one of them first, so that u have a chance to get both ( if you know what i mean) . Also two times u used ur auto-attack to harass damp, and didnt have enough attackspeed to get a creepkill after, and the creeps died.
    -Start a game in practice mode, and try getting EVERY lasthit or deny. Then u see how you have to plan ahead when lasthitting.

Mid-game:
    -EVERY thing u do OR NOT DO must have a reason.
    -ALWAYS carry TP
    Take for example around 25 min. mark. You stay in vision of gauntlet and raps in mid lane, and just look at them farming. Your team is nowhere near you, and you know u cant take them alone. Meanwhile an enemy creepwave is pushing top tower. I counted 15 enemy creeps top. IF u had carried a TP, you could have tped top. 15 creeps with catapults is like 700 g. Then you could have killed the two creepcamps, then another creepwave. Remember that if 3 creeps die to you instead of tower, it weigh up for your tp.

-Buy a ward or two urself if no one else does. To keep one ward up at all times costs 16.7 gold per minute. For this u can get
    - U can safely push one wave deeper into enemy territory - 1 wave is like 200-250 g.
    - U can get 2-3 runes more - more mana - more health - more kills/farm and less deaths/back to base runs.
    -U can get easy kills cause u spot enemy
    etc..
    etc..

Remember that ONE avoided death may pay for keeping a ward up whole game ( when u die , u loose money directly and for loosing farm in the time it takes to respawn and run back/tp to lane )

Wards is OP. And even more OP on the 1650 level, cause few actually bother with counterwarding.