Yes, try to leave comments
No, try to leave comments
A COMMENT IS BETTER THAN A VOTE. YOUR VOTE IS MUCH APPRECIATED ANYWAY.
- Increased all his mana costs.
- Mana Snatch doesn't replenish Betrayer's mana anymore.
- Mana Snatch cooldown scale increased to 30/20/10/5 from a constant 7.
- Burned ammount changed to match DotA's.
- Still a bit lower than dota, as this scales the damage it does. More effective for burning at the beggining(5 secs lower cd per at level 1-3). Same as dota at level 4, except more expensive.
- Smelly Reworked: From Accuracy + Turnrate debuff TO Attack/Casting Speed + Magic Armor debuff.
- Ultimate's damage increased to match DotA's. Removed the magic armor debuff.
- Nerfed Shadow Cut. Lowered damage and rescaled stun.
- Rescaled Shadow Cut again, damage back to 300 but lowered the disorient effect duration.
- Reworked amount of mana drained by Mana Snatch again. Now it burns a fixed amount plus 2x intelligence. This will make it better against lower mana pools and worse against larger mana pools.
- Tweaked the damage done by Mana Snatch also. Reduced from 0.5/0.65/0.8/1.0 to 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.85.
- Nerfed Smelly speed reduce from 7/14/21/28 to 6/12/18/24.
Justification and Summary
I'm sure im not the first person to miss having NA as a heavy counter against many of the most ugly lane controllers today.
Electrician + Pyromancer comes to my mind and then comes the Betrayer who can survive the deadly combo by draining their mana and counter nuking if he has some help.
Basically, Mana Burn and Vendetta are unchanged, except for some tweaks on both. (My Vendetta costs more mana as Betrayer is an Int hero. My Mana Burn is also expensiver and its damage scales with level, being both weaker than the originals)
Impale has been changed for a single target stun that disorients enemies around the main target. This way it sacrifices damage (will be bit weaker, but a better cc) in exchange for a reliable group disable.
Finally, spiked caparace has been replaced by Smelly. A passive ability to control the ability to fight effectively in the opposite team.
The Betrayer doesn't have a real affiliation. He's full of himself and his heart is black as coal. He came to Newerth to steal the secrets of the Legion powerful arcanists to sell them at the black market.
He tried to affiliate with the Legion, but was discovered by them, and throwed out to the wilds.
So he became part of the hellbourne to have the chance of stealing those precious secrets by using brute force.
The Betrayer is a wererat, half man, half rat. He's all messed up, disgusting and dirty. He attacks with a dagger he holds on his left, and casts with a skull shaped vessel he holds on his right hand.
Finally, he uses a torn, dirty black cape.
Lane Control: As Nerubian Assassin, the Betrayer makes an excellent lane control by draining his opponents mana.
Ganker: The high amount of nukeable skills and the chance to become invisible make this hero a great candidate for ganking.
[18 + 1.8] [18 + 1.8] [19 + 2.6]
Damage: 30-34 (49-53 including Int)
HP: 150 (492 including Str)
Mana: 10 (257 including Int)
Attack CD: 1.7 (1.394 including Agi - I think)
Shadow Cut (Activable, One enemy taget)
Cuts the target and the ones around him by stabbing him with his magic imbued daggers, leaving them defenseless at the mercy of the Betrayer.
1. Cut is medium range nuke plus stun.
2. Strikes a single target and then, all the targets inside an area.
3. Visually speaking, Cut pierces its target with a magic edge and then sends a magic burst to enemy units around the main target.
4. This burst emanates from the main target. As he is the center of a EMP
5. Only the main target becomes stunned and damaged.
6. The secondary targets become disortiented only.
7. Disoriented works the same as Maliken's Fear.
8. The target of Cut is shown as Blacksmith's Flaming Hammer.
Mana Cost: 100/120/140/160
Cooldown: 11 seconds
Cast Range: 400
Radious of Effect: 225/250/275/300 around the main target.
[Level 1] 80 magic damage, 0.75 second of stun. Enemies around the main target are disoriented for 1 second.
[Level 2] 160 magic damage, 1.25 seconds of stun. Enemies around the main target are disoriented for 1.25 seconds.
[Level 3] 230 magic damage, 1.75 seconds of stun. Enemies around the main target are disoriented for 1.5 seconds.
[Level 4] 300 magic damage, 2.25 seconds of stun. Enemies around the main target are disoriented for 1.75 seconds.
Mana Snatch (Activable, One enemy target)
The Betrayer sends a dark beam at his target. This beam will steal the targets magical essence.
1. Damages the target by draining his mana.
2. The damage done scales with level.
3. It burns a fixed amount plus 2x Int of the Target.
4. IE: 22 INT hero as target as target. Level 1 Mana Snatch would burn up to: 69 (25 + 44(2x22)). Resulting into 34 magic damage.
5. IE2: 132 INT hero as target. Level 4 Mana Snatch would burn up to: 364 (100 + 264 (2x132)). Resulting into 309 magic damage.
Mana Cost: 60/90/120/150
Cooldown: 30/20/10/5 seconds
Cast Range: 650 at all levels
[Level 1] Burns up to 25 mana plus (2x Intelligence of Target). Damages the target for 0.5 magic damage per point of mana drained.
[Level 2] Burns up to 50 mana plus (2x Intelligence of Target). Damages the target for 0.6 magic damage per point of mana drained.
[Level 3] Burns up to 75 mana plus (2x Intelligence of Target). Damages the target for 0.7 magic damage per point of mana drained.
[Level 4] Burns up to 100 mana plus (2x Intelligence of Target). Damages the target for 0.85 magic damage per point of mana drained.
Smelly (Passive, Enemy Debuff, Toggleable)
The Betrayer is so putrid and disgusting he emanates a wave of bad smell for units around him. Being close to the betrayer makes enemies sloppy and distracted by the bad smell.
1. This ability is an aura for your enemies.
2. They get two different debuffs.
3. One that makes them lose attack and casting speed.
4. And a second debuff that reduces magic armor.
5. This ability can be toggled off by hitting its hotkey.
6. Toggling Smelly won't break invisibility or channels.
Range of Effect: 350
Cooldown: 0 seconds.
[Level 1] Casting and attack speed reduced by 6, -1 magic armor.
[Level 2] Casting and attack speed reduced by 12, -2 magic armor.
[Level 3] Casting and attack speed reduced by 18, -3 magic armor.
[Level 4] Casting and attack speed reduced by 24, -4 magic armor.
Sneak Attack (Activable, Invisibility)
The Betrayer hides inside his cape, becoming invisible for short time. In this form he has increased movespeed and can break his disguise with an incredibly powerful attack.
1. Very similar to Nerubian Assassin's Vendetta.
2. You become invisible and obtain increased movespeed.
3. The first attack breaking this disguise will do heavy magic damage.
Mana Cost: 160/250/340
Cooldown: 90/75/60 seconds.
Duration: 30/35/40 seconds.
Movespeed Increase: 10/15/20%
[Level 1] Deals 225 additional backstab magic damage.
[Level 2] Deals 375 additional backstab magic damage.
[Level 3] Deals 525 additional backstab magic damage.
ITEM SUGGESTIONS (He's Int because of this, mainly):
Last edited by Lolyness; 11-08-2009 at 08:07 PM.
I like that his invisibility is the ultimate, I hate how scout can do it any time pretty much with a tiny CD.
Mana snatch is pretty powerful, taking mana and hp. Maybe lower it a little, as in less hp more mana taken. I'm no expert though. If you get certain items in game he could be better than magebane at taking mana.
this is even more imbalanced then NA. cool concept though
Ramsay Sound Pack
I would encourage you to dismiss the skeptics.
I'm open to suggestions of course, and I'm sure this is imbalanced right now, I just prefer to lower the numbers than raise them.
It's good, but the Mana Burn is highly imbalanced, and always has been in DotA for a very long time so it was recently changed to rebalance it. I suggest changing it to match DotA's (Burning 4x intelligence, with 35/25/15/5 second cooldown).
Don't like the passive much... Not much synergy or anything there.
By the way, your hero is an intelligence hero, unlike NA. You need to INCREASE the manacost of his spells to balance that, not decrease them.
U sure made a point, ill tweak all that in a few mins
The idea of the passive is to difficult fightbacks. Oriented for team fights of course.
Anyway I agree that the passive could use a tweak to increase its synergy.
Last edited by Lolyness; 10-19-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Well, many changes now are up, I hope u like them.
For future comments, pls say suggestions too. Or at least where should I focus when tweaking.
Much, much better. T-Up!
Though the third skill's name should be changed, "Smelly" rofl
nice skill ideas, i think the numbers arent balanced like they are now, but i like the whole concept idea of a changed NA
1. skill : too much everything: huge dmg + long stun + long cc
3. makes skill 1 even more overpowered
4. is cool and u carnt sneak arround like any other stealh unit in fact of your 3rd skill, i hope thats not a reason not skilling it for players...
well thanks for comments. Anyway hueter this hero isn't anything completely new
The first skill is just like the old impale from NA, the only changes is that it damages only 1 units but cc's more.
but you can target a single unit? and it hits for sure?
yep, it hits for sure, just like any targeted stun.
Casting range is shorter than most stuns and mana cost is expensive anyway.
Last edited by Lolyness; 10-19-2009 at 02:19 PM.
because ur coming invi and you don't want your enemies to notice you.
Quick question about shadow cut, what does it mean to disorient the surrounding enemies?
Also, after the main target gets out of stun (primarily in levels 1 and 2) would the target then have disorient for the remaining time that it effects the surrounding enemies?
5. Only the main target becomes stunned.
6. The secondary targets become disortiented.
7. Disoriented works the same as Maliken's Fear.
All the answers are in the main post. If it is still not clear, the main target is the only stunned, the others are the only disoriented.
Disorient is just like Maliken's Fear (40% movespeed, lose control of character, perplexed, silenced, disarmed).