Thread: honpatch , standalone patcher

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

honpatch , standalone patcher

This is a python script able to patch any version to any other available at S2 patch server, or just fetch any version for any (arch,os)

help:
    Code:
    usage: honpatch.py [-h] [-t TMPDIR] [-s HONDIR] [-d DESTDIR] [-v DESTVER] [-l]
                       [--nofetch] [--noapply] [--no-cleanup] [--no-perm-copy]
                       [--os OS] [--arch ARCH] [--resume]

HoN Patcher

optional arguments:
      -h, --help            show this help message and exit
      -t TMPDIR, --tmpdir TMPDIR
                            directory used for temporary files, needs to have
                            patch_size+hon_size space, defaults to OS default
      -s HONDIR, --hondir HONDIR
                            source HoN directory, if you do not set this you need
                            to set --os and --arch to patch from 'empty' version
      -d DESTDIR, --destdir DESTDIR
                            destination directory, if is not set defaults to
                            source
      -v DESTVER, --to-version DESTVER
                            destination version, defaults to latest available
      -l, --list            list changes between versions
      --nofetch             skip fetching files(if you have already fetched them
                            somehow f.e.)
      --noapply             skip applying patch
      --no-cleanup          do not cleanup temporary directory
      --no-perm-copy        do not copy permissions from files in source directory
      --os OS               os to fetch files for, used if source directory is not
                            set
      --arch ARCH           arch to fetch files for, used if source directory is
                            not set
      --resume              resume downloading, makes sense with non-empty tmpdir
    Examples:
    Update to latest version:
    Code:
    python honpatch.py -s path_to_hon_directory
    Patch to 2.1.7.0 version (yeah you can downgrade, np) and save result to other directory (existing):
    Code:
    python honpatch.py -s path_to_hon_directory -v 2.1.7.0 -d path_to_target_directory
    Fully fetch windows version 2.1.9.0
    Code:
    python honpatch.py -v 2.1.9.0 -d path_to_target_directory --os wac --arch i686
    Disclaimers

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
    IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
    FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
    AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
    LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING
    FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS
    IN THE SOFTWARE.
    This is not affilated with S2 Games
    Code, while being fugly, is Public Domain
    Download
    For those who don't know what python is and are on windows .... One-click update package for Windows: http://ompldr.org/iYW8wOQ , just unpack it into hon's directory and run update.cmd to update to latest version

This is a Python script, it needs Python 3.2 to operate.
    edit: now is backwards compatible back to 2.7

Should be platform-agnostic, even though I never tested it outside of Linux

I repeat, NOone provides WARRANTY for any damage to your HoN folder, use at your own risk, backup your hon folder if anything ...

Make sure you have enough disk space (enough to fit hon + ~50Mb ) on your disk drive where your temporary directory is located ( C:\Documents and Settings\blablabla\Temp is usually true for recent windozes, /tmp/ for linuces )

Linux users should be tech savy enough to figure out usage themselves,
    If you are a windows user and just want to try it as a 'one click to update hon to latest version' fetch win32-pack , unpack it into hon's folder ... run update.cmd

I can't and won't provide tech support but I WILL try to fix any errors in the script if you have one and provide output of the script
    Last edited by theli; 12-18-2011 at 01:19 PM.

i would like to note that code is not thoroughly tested, use at your own risk

also, i am thinking of making it backwards compatible with python 2.7, though i am lazy and may abandon that idea (even though its not hard to rewrite it into 2.7 version)
    Last edited by theli; 09-15-2011 at 07:06 AM.

Interesting, do you perchance know how old patches the S2 Patch server has preserved? And even if I managed to get a really old version, is it not impossible to even log on and play practice with an older version?

it is possible

was on a vacation. updated it a bit
    now it fetches in threads, using both of update servers, reuses http connections for faster fetching
    also implemented mechanism for updating s2z files which skips compression/decommpression stage completely ... now its uber-fast

added a link to a ready-to-use windows package
    it s one-click update package for Windows, just unpack it into hon's directory and run update.cmd to update to latest version , it comes bundled with python interpreter thus it is bigger than just the script alone

Thumbs up

I was having problems with today's update.. My client was crashing all times. Downloaded this and ZAP!
    Thank you so much!! 10/10

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    man of the day.

won't patch to 2.2.2 now though, may it be because it's not available on the patch server?
    Last edited by _247; 10-07-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _247 View Post
    man of the day.

won't patch to 2.2.2 now though, may it be because it's not available on the patch server?
    what do you mean?
    i just successfully upgraded to 2.2.2.1 :-/

Cheers

+1000000

Thanks very much man!

I extracted the files to my directory but it fails to run and says the system cannot find the path specified

Quote Originally Posted by iDock View Post
    I extracted the files to my directory but it fails to run and says the system cannot find the path specified
    dunno did you extract everything? you need to have honpatch\honpatch.exe in your hon directory ... that files is called by update.cmd

Oh dear lord IT WORKED! Now i wont need to re-download the game everytime a new patch comes. Thank you so much !

It worked!

However, there was a lot of "could not read" in the dialog. Should I be worried? Thanks!

HoN refuses to start up after I tried this script :S

Quote Originally Posted by Fnitter View Post
    It worked!

However, there was a lot of "could not read" in the dialog. Should I be worried? Thanks!
    had a lot of those to , and now I cant get further then the "black screen" at the start of the game..
    it says " zipfile.badzipfile: file is not a zip file" at the end of my usage of this, whats the problem help please !
    Last edited by Vurcy; 10-21-2011 at 10:59 AM.

This worked, ty

I don't know why this isn't stickied yet.
    Awesome work

Finally i can update, no thanks to S2 -_-
    Thx alot dood <3