Proof positive. To summon S2 staff, all you have to do is use some technical jargon,and NOT put S2 in the thread title
Tired of Emerald Warden looking like a turqoise lightbulb?
Tired of his alternate skin looking nothing like the portrait?
Try my reskin for both ^_^: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=339900
Dear S2, please stop creating bad patches or installers. This is a consistent problem and it's getting irritating
really sad, 13 days later and here I am having this EXACT same issue, if some one found a fix and hasn't posted it. PLEASE SHARE THE LOVE!!!!
The NSIS errors may occur under one of the following conditions:
1. Software files downloaded from the Internet are not complete.
2. Downloaded software files have been modified from the original version.
3. Your PC is infected with a virus.
4. Physical media being used to install the program is damaged.
5. Required hardware (For example, CD/DVD drive) is malfunctioning.
You may do the following tasks:
Note: Try to install your software after each task.
1. Delete the cache of your Web browser. To do this, in the Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 window, open Tools menu and then select Delete Browsing History….Next, click the Delete All button and also select the check box in the confirmation box that is displayed. Finally, click Yes to completely clear the browser cache.
2. If the name of the downloaded installer files comprises multiple words, rename it to have only one word, say, SoftwareNameInstaller.exe.
3. If available, download the software installer file from another approved source.
4. Update your antivirus/Security software program.
5. Disable your antivirus program and any download accelerator tool on your computer, before performing the download.
6. Thoroughly scan your PC for possible virus or spyware infections.
I would suggest downloading a previous version of HoN that worked and updating to the current version.
if you have trouble patching, try running HoN in win95 compatibility mode to patch, and revert back to play
If you are still having this issue it might be something on your end or a messed up download. From what I have heard no one else is getting this issue?
S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
I think i found the solution to the problem. Try downloading it with Google Chrome or Explorer. Firefox seems to download it corrupted so it can't run. I hope this helps.
This solution worked for me:
1. Go to the start menu, and search for the "cmd" function.
2. Drag the downloaded HON client onto the black box (the directory of the HON client will appear).
3. Press space and type /NCRC.
The above should allow you to bypass the NSIS error!
*Taken from http://www.ehow.com/how_5541530_fix-nsis-error.html
Gah you were right! When I started up the game, the graphics were all glitchy and the game was unplayable.
S2, please provide a download link for an earlier, stable version of HoN so we can patch and play
First, the good news: If you can find an old installer, you can install from there, and update to the newer version of HoN.
The bad news: The only installers I've found to work are nowhere to be found on the HoN website. I tried replacing the current download's numbers with the appropriate numbers for the client that worked for me (2.1.1), but it seems it's been taken down.
This is not a client-side issue. I was trying to install HoN on a fresh copy of windows that had just been installed on a new hard drive (which I later scanned and found to have no errors). The older version ran an NSIS check, finding no issue. The issue is with the newer installers.
Had the same problem but I found an old version of the installer on my memory stick! I can confirm that version 2.0.10 installer is working! Although you have to get a lot of updates(600mb), but I can try uploading the file somewhere if people can't find the other old installers?