Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: S2 Please, Throw Us A Bone!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    it's time for s2 to actually prove that they are working on something, constantly saying that something is in the works but neither telling what it is nor showing any teasers doesn't help at all.

even if they have something thats close to be finished, i'd say it's too late, they underestimated or ignored the progress of dota2 and failed with their business model.
    among other things, ignoring the issue about custom maps, is just another bad move by s2, it's like they're trying to be unprofessional.

furthermore, your example with 32bit optimization is kind of weak. it's 2011, ram is pretty cheap and driver problems with 64bit systems are a thing of the past, i stopped using 32bit when i left xp for vista sp1 (now using win7) and never had any problems.

early access has made my excitement for new content drop to nothing, i havn't played in a few days and have no desire to.
    Coming This Friday...+4 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    What part of those statements excludes MM improvements, revamps and/or changes? You certainly didn't say you didn't care about MM previously.

MM improvements is something big to wait for...and we have waited for them for over 3 months. Every single people have asked about the MM changes weīve received the same answer "We are working on in":

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTowN View Post
    Just to let all of you know many of the things mentioned in this thread were discussed last week internally and the work has already begun to revamp and improve not only the matchmaking algorithm, but also the core of how PSR/MMR works. This does not mean the existing MMR/PSR system will be completely thrown out, but rather we recognize that there are corner cases (many mentioned in this thread) where using just PSR/MMR is not always ideal.

Many of the concerns you all are raising will be addressed in the update, as well as some other things not mentioned that I'm sure everyone is going to love. The bottom line is that better quality matchups and a vastly improved rating system is coming to HoN. We will be making a more formal post about this within the next week or two, and I'll also be reaching out to the citizens of Newerth to help shape how we determine matchups. (statisticians, theory-crafters, data miners and log parsing gurus will be very interested =p)
    Feroci0us,

To alleviate your concerns, don't worry! This hasn't been forgotten - I was working on this just last night. In between the time when we were supposed to make an announcement we had the DB outage, and then we decided to take it a step further than what we were previously planning on doing and we had to enhance our system to gather even more stats. So we do apologize it's been delayed a bit, but there will be an announcement made as soon as we are ready to start soliciting for player feedback.
    We haven't forgotten about the planned updates to the PSR/MMR system. We're still working on it!
    Certain pattern here or what? I think this is enough to understand why I donīt care about the "MM changes" anymore.

2. Big updates aren't necessarily interesting or even perceived as "big" by the playerbase. What you consider a big change, somebody else won't be as fussed by. For example if they reworked memory management to finally prevent crashes on 32-bit systems (as far as I know this isn't happening, it's just an example). It might directly affect you, it might not. But it is nonetheless a big change.
    Entire playerbase knows exactly what is big and what is small update. HoN 2.0 was a huge update. F2P was a big change. New heroes and skins are small. My question was to ask S2 if they have anything in the works which would get people play HoN more again, something that has a potential to keep the players playing and get people who quit HoN back to play it. But obviously itīs too much to ask because S2 is afraid to "disappoint" players, not like they have been disappointing for the past months.

However it's somewhat evident at this point nothing short of a major S2 announcement saying "LOOK HERE AT OUR NEW FEATURE" will change your outlook, considering the lengths you have gone to to explain how you are unenthused about JamesTowN's post.
    Thatīs not true. If they announce something big, Iīd be thrilled. I even tried out HoNWars because it gave more meaning to the games, whether the siteīs fake or not. Iīm not enthused by JamesTown post because He though itīs another thread asking about MM changes and obviously, the reply to it was the same.
    Last edited by Feroci0us; 09-08-2011 at 08:48 AM.

WoW keeps getting better and better :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rorix View Post
    WoW keeps getting better and better :3
    I actually donīt understand why we keep arguing here.

We have established that even IF S2 has something in works, they wont say sh!t about it.

Sigh
    Last edited by Krilox; 09-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaec View Post
    furthermore, your example with 32bit optimization is kind of weak. it's 2011, ram is pretty cheap and driver problems with 64bit systems are a thing of the past, i stopped using 32bit when i left xp for vista sp1 (now using win7) and never had any problems.
    I'm guessing you missed the huge thread about the game crashing on 32-bit systems and S2 needing to do something about it?

I could've sworn you even posted in that thread. Could be wrong though, I see you around this subforum a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Feroci0us View Post
    MM improvements is something big to wait for...and we have waited for them for over 3 months. Every single people have asked about the MM changes weīve received the same answer "We are working on in":

Certain pattern here or what? I think this is enough to understand why I donīt care about the "MM changes" anymore.

Entire playerbase knows exactly what is big and what is small update. HoN 2.0 was a huge update. F2P was a big change. New heroes and skins are small. My question was to ask S2 if they have anything in the works which would get people play HoN more again, something that has a potential to keep the players playing and get people who quit HoN back to play it. But obviously itīs too much to ask because S2 is afraid to "disappoint" players, not like they have been disappointing for the past months.

Thatīs not true. If they announce something big, Iīd be thrilled. I even tried out HoNWars because it gave more meaning to the games, whether the siteīs fake or not. Iīm not enthused by JamesTown post because He though itīs another thread asking about MM changes and obviously, the reply to it was the same.
    1. We're going back to my original point here; that giving out timed estimations is a Bad Idea, which is why S2 are so hesitant to do so. I'm guessing they didn't elaborate on the MMR/PSR changes in the "one or two weeks" (no idea, as you haven't provided timestamps)?

Why give out an estimate if you can't keep to it? Especially with a community that can be as overly-expectant or even as hostile as this one.

2. I would imagine that MMR/PSR reworking is a complex and decent enough feature for you to get enthused about. I mean, there are problems with the system as it works at the moment, isn't there? Just because S2 haven't managed to keep to their initial announcements plan (refer back to my example of Nome working on Alchemist; a hero that was shelved for at least a year, if not more than a year), doesn't mean that they're not working on it.

As for other things that they're working on, well, HoNWars (whatever that turns out to be) is obviously something they have in the works. Along with hero development and art asset creation, that's a team that is pretty darned busy (PSR/MMR brainstorming, followed by algorithm development and system implementation/integration, that's designers, programmers and perhaps UI artists. And that's just the one feature they said they are working on - remember that this is merely my estimation, as I am not yet involved in the industry).

They are a limited studio. They can't be working on everything, all the time.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 29/07/14: How I Started My First Game)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    dunno, i dont post in the tech forums or dont remember posting in said thread if it has been in general forums.
    my point was that there is no excuse to not upgrade to a 64bit system, ram has been very cheap for years and if you cant afford a new os there are always "other" ways.
    i understand that there were some problems regarding printer drivers or programs used in local networks or w/e but at this point there are 64bit drivers for almost everything, so imho a person who is too cheap to upgrade his rig cant complain.

fun fact: i heard diablo 3 beta doesnt run on xp anymore))

btw: how does it feel advertising a custom map in your sig knowing that this will never come in a reasonable timeframe 8]

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There are plenty of excuses for not upgrading to 64-bit, even if you or I may not agree with those reasons. HoN is advertised as supporting 32-bit systems (and XP), thus S2 should, logically, cater to those having problems on those operating systems.

This is all a bit off-topic, by the by. As for my custom heroes, I make them because they're fun.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 29/07/14: How I Started My First Game)

Feroci0us,

I've responded to your other threads a few times and told you that this stuff is being addressed, have you really thought that the few days since my last response that we've changed our mind on revamping the MMR system?? I should hope not!

Unfortunately I cannot give you a preview of what is to come because that sets expectations, and when expectations are not met it leads to even greater disappointment. Matchmaking updates ARE coming just hang in there!
    I know it sounds stupid, but a like button would be great for posts like this, so I wouldn't have to make an entire post with a quote to show support.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    hon is also advertised with a map editor :]
    (hurrdurr it's nowhere mentioned that you can actually play the maps you created, what kind of company pulls this off?)

it's time for s2 to actually prove that they are working on something, constantly saying that something is in the works but neither telling what it is nor showing any teasers doesn't help at all.

even if they have something thats close to be finished, i'd say it's too late, they underestimated or ignored the progress of dota2 and failed with their business model.
    among other things, ignoring the issue about custom maps, is just another bad move by s2, it's like they're trying to be unprofessional.
    you didnt respond to that part of my post on the top of this page. id like to hear your opinion if s2 is going to do something for real for once

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by WongBurger View Post
    Have you tried the new metagame: keep buying gold coins until you can't anymore and then see how long you can ignore the ringing phone. Better get good at because in the even that anything worthwhile comes your way you're going to need em.
    what is this i dont even?
    Quote Originally Posted by winghaven
    I am hitler and i find this offensive

s2 is scared to lose all his players to dota 2, and started to do everything possible to suck money from the players... thats my opinion.
    Take a Look at my DeviantArt, it suck, i know.

http://hlfigueiredo.deviantart.com/

14.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #114
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    HoN 3.0 is currently under development I won't speak to the feature set or time tables, but there is enough there for us to warrant calling it 3.0

Also, October is the beginning of an exciting and fun month we're calling the HoN Players Challenge and Appreciation Month. This will hopefully motivate people to play more, enjoy the time they spend playing more, and also feel our appreciation for all the HoN fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    HoN 3.0 is currently under development I won't speak to the feature set or time tables, but there is enough there for us to warrant calling it 3.0

Also, October is the beginning of an exciting and fun month we're calling the HoN Players Challenge and Appreciation Month. This will hopefully motivate people to play more, enjoy the time they spend playing more, and also feel our appreciation for all the HoN fans.
    2.0 just came out in august didnt it? so im guessing this will be awhile? eh thats fine i guess, interested to see the changes imposed when the the time comes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by kidro View Post
    2.0 just came out in august didnt it? So im guessing this will be awhile? Eh thats fine i guess, interested to see the changes imposed when the the time comes.

more ea heroes for you to spend money on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KahlanRahl View Post
    Sadly, I agree. Ever since DOTA2 was announced I was firmly of the belief that I would continue to play HoN even if all of my friends switched because I love this game. But over the past five days I've lost 70% of my games, 8 in a row at one point, all while maintaining a positive KD and an average of 3 wards per game, even while playing Flint, Valk and MQ for at least half the games. I'm not rpoud to say, that last night, I signed up for the DOTA2 beta. I really hope S2 gets it together, fixes the MM system, and makes this game worth continuing to play once DOTA2 comes out. I'm really getting sick of the same brownscout bullshit ruining every game either for my team, or on the other team.
    any why would you think it will be any better in dota2?

Quote Originally Posted by Talesavo View Post
    more ea heroes for you to spend money on!!!
    two heroes at a time and you still get a free hero every two weeks. nothing to complain about atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidro View Post
    2.0 just came out in august didnt it? so im guessing this will be awhile? eh thats fine i guess, interested to see the changes imposed when the the time comes.
    2.0 came out on December 13th.
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

I've stopped playing aswell, I just don't have any will at all to click and go play... I might watch a vid I see somewhere and go like, "dam, I really feel like playing that magmus right now!", then I open HoN, login, and... nah I really don't feel like it