Thread: The incredible backwards moving thread

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

The incredible backwards moving thread

bump!

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Well I think the poster below made some decent points on the issue of the legitimacy of the OP's opinion (regarding the underpowered nature of many heroes), I will not change my opinion.

Also, please stop derailing these threads with HoN vs LoL comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBurge
    agree completely.

hope i'm doing this right :\
    Since pics are disabled, the following in an explanation on how to count better.
    Ever tired of counting on your fingers and being stuck at 10? Here's the solution: Binary finger counting. Instead of counting how many fingers are up, you count which fingers are up. With only 8 fingers, you can count up to 255.
    1. Ignore thumbs, they make this process harder.
    2. Start with your rightmost finger. This finger represents 2^0, or 1. Your next finger represents 2^1, or 2. Try all the different combinations with these two fingers, you have a range from 0-3. Your next finger, 2^2 = 4, followed by 2^3 = 8 and so on.
    3. Now you can count high! the finger combination 00110101 = 1+4+16+32 = 53.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This thread is diamonds already

Skaut codex needs to be nerfed asap, way too OP, he can farm it within 10 minutes in a good game.

The LoL lookalike of skaut is in my opinion way better then HoN's I'm really feeling like S2 is starting to ge behind.

Also I gotta agree with coolcollo on his point towards women.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That was a really bad comparison - it's like saying "DotA is like vim - short and to the point; HoN is like emacs - customizable with lots of features on its engine, you can always learn more about it; LoL is like pico - easy to get into, but it doesn't go anywhere and you always feel like you're limiting yourself with it".

Or, "HoN is like Canada, DotA like the US, and LoL like Brazil". Useless metaphors and I can't say I agree with you throwing them out there like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementUser
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcollo
    It's the whole reason I got my Psychology degree bro, women are so vulnerable if you know how to play them just right.
    There's just no love... :3

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Cannot believe you would say something like that. I'm at a loss for words to describe how disgusted I am right now.

I'd sing you a song, but
    I'm just a little hoarse.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I eat ponies

G☆

What kind of sick bastard would ever eat a pony?

Credit to Devious`, with thanks to AvunaOs for my last signature

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    well they are cute
    they might taste cute
    Do you really want me dead, Or alive to live a lie?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have heared from a source somewhere on the internet ponies taste nice.
    For live support please visit irc.s2games.com #techsupport or feel free to message me

Account Icon
    Can anybody tell me how an internet pony tastes?
    “You promised me Scout,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

Scout replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

So in summary Fetyukov, you're immovable on the point that, given the current hero release schedule, there's no point revisiting older heroes that have fallen by the wayside due to their inherently simplistic skillsets?

P.S. can we move the discussion away from ponies please?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What exactly do ponies have to do with HoN again? And for that matter, what exactly does HoN have to do with OT again?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetyukov
    The hero releases are a scam on S2's part to get more money. They make the heroes gimmicky because simple heroes don't sell - why would you buy a simple hero like Andromeda when you could buy a new gimmicky hero that takes "skill" to learn how to play?
    I think we'd need more data on how EA sells in comparison to alternate avatars in order to conclude that. If a 5th Flint Beastwood skin sells better than a new hero, I don't think your argument stands up. :fors:
    Last edited by MichaelBurge; 08-28-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetyukov View Post
    The hero releases are a scam on S2's part to get more money. They make the heroes gimmicky because simple heroes don't sell - why would you buy a simple hero like Andromeda when you could buy a new gimmicky hero that takes "skill" to learn how to play?
    HoN went F2P way to late so now they have to scam us for $$$
    Shame on the ones that have wings, but don't use them to fly.
    Death angel - Word of the Wise

Lhune <3<3

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i know right!

Account Icon
    Bieber is the man!
    “You promised me Scout,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

Scout replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

All I'm saying is that $2 wants money. Clearly the old shop wasn't providing what was deemed necessary, and this "Early Access" garbage is what we're going to have to live with. If people were willing to spend more money on skins and the sort maybe we wouldn't have these sorts of problems eh?

Although there is one benefit to EA that YA pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by YawningAngel
    Quote Originally Posted by LonelyQueen
    But it's no fair that they can pick all these fun new heroes and stomp all over
    42% win? I love it when my enemies pick
    Since pics are disabled, the following in an explanation on how to count better.
    Ever tired of counting on your fingers and being stuck at 10? Here's the solution: Binary finger counting. Instead of counting how many fingers are up, you count which fingers are up. With only 8 fingers, you can count up to 255.
    1. Ignore thumbs, they make this process harder.
    2. Start with your rightmost finger. This finger represents 2^0, or 1. Your next finger represents 2^1, or 2. Try all the different combinations with these two fingers, you have a range from 0-3. Your next finger, 2^2 = 4, followed by 2^3 = 8 and so on.
    3. Now you can count high! the finger combination 00110101 = 1+4+16+32 = 53.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's the whole reason I got my Psychology degree bro, women are so vulnerable if you know how to play them just right.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    is it one of the reasons that got ur physchology degree is because Women are manipulated easly?

42% win? I love it when my enemies pick

Account Icon
    Sorry about that
    All hail the poor, underpowered Klanx!