Version 1.2 - XIII
- So after such a long time, I decided to release my version 1.0 with some changes.
- Fixed Compatibility for HoN Version 2.5.13.
- Since this now has the option to use HoN's original portrait UI, I decided to fix the name panel's 1 missing pixel as well.
== New Feature ==
- Added an option to disable the original container's glass.
Version 1.1 - XIII
* Changelog added.
- It's been awhile, I guess not much was changed after I decided to stop working on this.
== New Feature ==
- Added the original container as the default option for this release.
- Had a hard time re-adding the original portrait format, brute-force coding was done for this feature.
- Not sure if this would affect the FPS negatively, well, hopefully not.
- Basically, the original round portrait is now available as an option, it also supports just about everything except for Widescreen (for obvious reasons), and the Vignette effect, which wouldn't be as significant since a glass is covering the portrait.
- If this version doesn't cause FPS drops, then I can safely say that this should now be a huge improvement over the original portrait and there shouldn't be a reason to not get it.
Version 1.0 - kerespup + XIII
* This mod is again separated into 2 different versions, since I stopped adding features to the mod.
== kerespup's version (Became the official latest version) ==
- Added Death Respawn Timer (Nyandex)
- Download and Update Link Has Been Changed
== My version (Personal use, since kerespup decided to work on the mod again) ==
- Decided to also add the respawn timer, with a slight difference.
* Fixed it so that it the portrait is clickable again (portrait centering over hero) and it now only shows when the dead hero is selected, basically, it doesn't show the respawn timer if some other unit/hero is selected, like a courier, or a shared (alive) hero.
Version 0.9 - XIII
- Fixed the team background effects option trigger.
Version 0.8 - XIII
- Added team specific stat backgrounds.
- Added the skull display as an option.
Version 0.7 - XIII
* Gradient background: when your hero is dead, it now displays a black background instead of having a greyscale background.
* Vignette effect tweaked: enabling/disabling it will only affect the corners now, not the whole portrait, the center of the portrait will not darken anymore.
* Fixed some console errors.
* Some code optimizations.
* Updating through HoN Mod Manager is now working properly.
Version 0.6 - XIII
* Widescreen is back and it displays about the same if not the same zoom as the regular portrait size (which took awhile to do, did it by pausing a model's portrait animation by setting numframes to 1 through model.mdf, screenshot then comparing), however, this is only an option for 3D Portraits, the 2D portraits do not look good when stretched, so I kept them in their correct aspect ratio.
* Fixed all the images used for the portrait, replaced all the stat backgrounds with better border shadows, they are also in uniform now, I also added in two new ones, which are only used when in 3D portrait widescreen mode. Of course, the stone background was also replaced as it doesn't look good in the previous version since I made all those in a hurry.
* Team stat background was not working properly for the legion team before, fixed now as well.
- Known Bugs:
* Clicking reset all (which leads to the default portrait settings) in Mod Options will not work until F6 is pressed 3 times (show game UI - hide game UI, show game UI) to refresh the UI.
- Minor Updates:
* Hero name font size reduced (Keeper of the Forest was getting cut off), repositioned the font as well (centered vertically now as it should be).
* Both the attribute icon and alt courier switch icon's position are now fixed and in the same position as it also should be.
* Exp/Lifetime bar position and length tweaked a bit.
Version 0.5 - XIII
- Major release, renamed the mod to Portrait Enhancement, now has Mod Options support with different portrait options to choose from.
* The two versions that I previously released are now combined into 1 mod, they can now be configured inside Mod Options.
* Sadly, had to remove widescreen for the new 2D option, also changed the portrait size back to the usual tallscreen like ratio (similar to Starcraft and DotA).
== New Features ==
* Added 2D portraits.
* Added vignette effect.
* Added effects to the team backgrounds as an option.
Version 0.4 - XIII
- Lifetime countdown is now centered like how it is originally in HoN.
- Lifetime bar (yellow bar for illusions) is also back, same as it is in HoN.
- Exp/Lifetime bar reduced a bit and repositioned to fit the bar exactly, this makes it much more accurate.
- Illusion portrait added, it now has the same exact color as the actual illusion.
- Illusion background also has the same illusion tint (Team Background version), the gradient version retains the original team color.
- Added the bar fog effect that is seen on HP and Mana Bars to the EXP bar and Lifetime bar.
Version 0.3 - XIII + anTaiG's borders
- Modified kerespup's Simple UI Portrait Enhancement.
* This lead to the creation of 2 different versions.
== Simple Portrait Enhancement Rectangle Gradient ==
* Cleaned up the alpha of bot_center.tga
* Made the alpha of stat_background.tga rectangular.
* Added a gradient panel on the background, adjusted the position and size of the portrait, reverted the lighting settings.
* Readded the level up effect.
* Changed the border color from orange to purple to match the exp bar.
* Covered the pop-up chain on the right side of the portrait.
== Simple Portrait Enhancement Team Background ==
* After releasing the Rectangle Gradient version, I decided to try and make a Team Portrait Background version.
* Cropped and separated the image background of HoN's login screen (Legion and Hellbourne).
* anTaiG modified the Rectangle Gradient version and added a border.
* Recreated anTaiG's borders, cleaned it up, and relayered to make them look right.
* Centered the portrait panel.
Version 0.2 - kerespup
- Fixed the EXP Bar's width and positioning
- Added an EXP Tooltip on Mousehover Function for the EXP Bar.
(No update to the MiniUI one as MiniUI already uses its own EXP Bar)
Version 0.1 - kerespup
- Simple UI Portrait Enhancement released by kerespup.
== Features ==
- Removes that claustrophobic fish tank from the portrait of the heroes.
- Gives the portraits a background color based on the color of the active/owning player.
- Combined the Hero Name bar with the Hero Attribute and EXP
- Does not require any extra effort from your processor