Thread: Codex and Rhapsody

Codex and Rhapsody

If, after you have some tankiness, keeping up the wards and counter-wards and generally trying to be a good support, can Rhapsody use a codex? I find it's not hard to farm the odd whole creep wave with her with her dance floor and with a tp, you can be there quickly to support a fight, and a codex and her passive seem to have a fair amount of synergy in both the natural spellshard effect and the drain. Taking 700hp off the top of the carry after a stun really seems to help out.

You should never be getting a codex unless it guarantees you an instant kill when otherwise all your abilities would leave the enemy with a little bit of health (Fayde, maybe Pebbles). This is really the only situation where you should be getting a codex.

In general, positioning and disable items (push stick, cyclone stick, sheep stick) are vastly more useful than pure damage, especially as the game gets longer and people pick up magic armor and Shrunken Heads.

Pretty much what was said, there are other true support items you could be spending the money on that would be significantly more useful, push sticks are completely awesome and give useful stats for a support.

The only support I'd get a Codex on would be Empath after you get your core items because you can use it while you're inside the carry for a nice bit of burst to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by GhsCrysis View Post
    Pretty much what was said, there are other true support items you could be spending the money on that would be significantly more useful, push sticks are completely awesome and give useful stats for a support.

The only support I'd get a Codex on would be Empath after you get your core items because you can use it while you're inside the carry for a nice bit of burst to help him out.

Nice justification for a K'steal ! I should try this one moar

Quote Originally Posted by NajwaBelyzel View Post
    Nice justification for a K'steal ! I should try this one moar
    You don't have to justify it, just say something like "it wasn't me, it was krak" (or whoever's ass you're hiding in at the minute), sure it's an obvious and blatant lie, but at least they might get a chuckle out of it

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually advocate Codex on Empath until it's late enough in the game that your KSing no longer matters; the wards always come first, you shouldn't be farming much, and you should have at least two of (Astro/RoS/Tablet) before even thinking about Codex....at which point that 400 magic hit isn't even that huge. Just a little fun after getting nothing but assists for the past half hour or so....

Even though I fully agree with your post, I still firmly believe that a Codex and some good K's allows you to buy moar wards ! See your codex like some kind of Alchemist Bones for Empath ...
    I tried this excuse before, but peeps never believe me, even though the map is all lighten up

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No there are much better items like nomes tablet stormspirit sheepstick frostfield nullstone