Thread: How to fix remake!

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this idea implemented in HoN?

Voters
372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

341 91.67%
  • No, I posted why I didn't like it.

31 8.33%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

How to fix remake!

Hi!

You have probably heard this problem loads of times: "Make remake a team-only option." Or: "Fix remake to give the leaver a leave to his stats even if the game is remade." All ofcourse, great ideas, but just not perfect.

Problem

For instance, once you joined a game the game is probably balanced out well, most of the times it is 50/50 or perhaps 48/52. When your team has a leaver, while still ingame, the team will be unbalanced, so ofcourse you try to remake. The enemy team just doesn't want to remake, because they gain 'free mmr'. We all know the feeling, and we all hate it.

Solution

I think that a good solution to remaking is, the mmr change.

So lets say, the balance was indeed 50/50, once you get a leaver the balance will probably be something around 60/40. My idea was to change the mmr gain/lose to the balance of the game. Say you gain +5/-5 for your game, when the player that left got disconnected, your mmr gain/lose will be automatically changed to the balance of the teams, so your gain/lose will be +7/-3. Ofcourse the enemy team also confronts this, so they will lose more mmr then they will gain.

So now when you try to remake, the enemies just don't want to risk too much mmr on such a game. If they think they can still win, fine. You just continue playing, but you're just losing a maximum to -2/-3 mmr if you are at the 1650 mmr range.

And if you are in the team of the leaver and the remake vote just doesn't pass, you will try your very best to stomp the enemy team, call them noobs and walk away with +8 mmr. The enemy team will lose -8 mmr and they will think again before failing the remake vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorki View Post
    Kicking a player from the game before 7:30 shouldn't increase the handicap as both teams agreed to it.
    I didn't mention this in my original post, kicking a player does not equal leavers thus the game wont be rebalanced.

But what when someone leaves after the 7:30 mark?

Ofcourse there are some slight negative points around this. If the time limit is past 7:30 for the remake vote, and your team gets a leaver, the game cannot be remade again. But it would be unfair for the enemy team to lose more mmr even if they wanted to remake, but couldn't foresee the leaver.

A solution to this problem would be that if there was a hero to be terminated from the game the game will ofcourse continue on. But the mmr will be adjusted to the endurance of the game. So if I gain +20/-20 mmr at the beginning of the game, and a hero gets terminated at the 20:00 min mark. If the game ends in 50:00 and you win with 4 players the mmr will be adjusted to the time rate. So your mmr gain/lose will be something like +30/-10. This will unable players to leave the game right before the end. So if a player leaves at the 50:00 min mark and the game ends 5 min later it would be unfair to adjust the mmr because the players were 5v5 during the whole game. This will unable the system to be abused, by winning the game and leaving at the last second. This mmr change will only apply to the team with the leaver, it would be unfair for the enemy team to get -mmr because they couldn't remake.

Thanks to DrPeckers for this suggestion remake!

TL;DR When you get a leaver and the person gets terminated, you will gain more mmr for winning, and lose less mmr for losing the game, The same goes for the enemy team, but in a negative way, this motivates the team with the leaver to continue play (if the enemy team failed the vote). And it will 'motivate' the enemy team to remake if they don't want to risk too much mmr.

Obviously the leaver will get the standard mmr lost. Just don't leave the game!

That's about it. Thanks for reading, and sorry for the (maybe) long post, I'll try to edit it to get it into a better format.

75+ votes, the suggestion is now popular.
    100+ votes,
    200+ votes ^^
    300+ votes!!

As of december 9th, this idea will finally be implemented! Thanks for all your support!
    Last edited by Broodje; 12-07-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Remade the problem after 7:30

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The numbers need tweaking.

I feel that in a game of 4v5 there are measures taken in game to reduce the advantage of having another player; more gold per player, splitting up his items/gold, more Solo lanes (while that can be dangerous).

The game could be scripted to rebalance the +/- mmr for the team down a man, but the team up a man should net gain/loss LESS overall.

That is to say I would not prefer a team of 4 to dominate a random team of 5 (3 Good players will beat 5 bad players) and have the full team loss massive MMR.

Overall I agree that games that will not be remade, but involve a leaver need a measure of re-balance in earned stats.

TL;DR Team with less people gain much more MMR. Team with more people don't lose much.

EDIT: Upon thought taken I propose this

--------Teams with leavers receive a % increase in MMR gained per leaver

---------Teams with leavers receive a % decrease in MMR lost per leaver

---------Teams that still have their full team will receive a static reduction in MMR gained AND lost per enemy leaver

Currently this would be consistent with a 1200 psr player having a +40/-1 against an 1800 player that would have +0/-1 if a team was reduced to only 1 player (I think)

In addition:
    ---------If both teams contain the same number of non-terminated players at the end of the match any increases or decreases to gains/losses are removed. Players still receive leaves unless kicked (for fairness I have seen teams kick their worst player rather than remake)
    ---------Benefits are rolled back whenever a player on the team with more players losses a player. The rollback will consist of removing the benefit that 1 leaver gave their team. A team of 3v4 would only gain % MMR for 1 leaver and not 2. The team with more players receives their benefits based on the difference as well, in this case being 1.
    Last edited by coolcollo; 08-23-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The - loss is to make them want to remake a bit faster, if i would gain just 2 mmr for fighting over a 30 min game I'd rather sit in queu for another 3 minutes to do a fair 5v5 battle. The +2/-8 mmr will just 'decourage' (is that even a word?) them to continue playing.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I feel that your changes are good.

I also feel that a team of 5 only receiving a drastically reduced MMR (without penalizing them for not remaking) would cause a remake.

I would not want to fight a 4 man turtle team for 40 minutes for 5 mmr.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If they team of 4 would turtle for 40 minutes they are most likely to lose the game imo. But I can agree on the fact that the enemies shouldn't lose too much mmr.

sounds fair, i mean...its the most logical thing to do....if i win a game 4vs5 why should i still get the same mmr even though they had 1 more? or if i win because the other team is missing one its not fair that i get the same mmr as if they had a complete team..fair is fair..i hope it gets implemented
    Look at what you've become. Happier, more social, part of an internet community, less afraid of your own tastes after embracing ponies....

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bump, i really feel like this needs more attention, well at least more feedback on the idea. <333

I think remake needs a serious rework, and this is one way to go about it.

Anything really, to get rid of these kids wanting free mmr
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasha View Post
    The legion uses shrink ray technology to reduce the costs of housing, feeding, and transporting soldiers.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    seems solid

you're 8-0 so far OP. Grats on a good idea, even if the numbers (especially the Raxx number) are a little rough around the edges.

*courtesy bump*

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well... All the numbers can be adjusted, it's just the problem someone saw in this solution, so I just had to fix it, it isn't optimilized obviously. Thx for the vote btw <3

I support this suggestion. Great idea.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast