Thread: Disband Game button position switch(updated 4/11/2009)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Account Icon

Disband Game button position switch(updated 5/12/2009)

Disband Game button position switch, by Jager - 065

Files effected: game_lobby.interface

It's counterintuitve at the moment how the "Start Game" and "Disband Game" buttons are positioned. The "Start Game" button should be the closest one to the middle of the screen, because it's the one used most often.

People are used to that setup, for example on every Windows PC when you get a confirmation box(or choices down the botoom of an options panel, in non-Microsoft applications too), "Yes" or "Ok" is always on the right, and "No"or "Cancel" on the left. But it's against the common standard in HoN.. which made the problem we have now.

All this mod does is switch the two buttons postions, and returns the disband button's text colour to white, because it's then unecessary for it to be red with the buttons orientated this way. I assume S2 made it red to avoid switching the buttons postions(as many people have requested), or they aren't awar of ths issue(how that possible I don't know). That's just avoiding the underlying problem though. That being said, I hope this mod doesn't have to exist for long, and S2 implements the changes in it. If you like this mod, and would like to see this happen, please vote here.

Current disband button position(client version 0.1.49):

Modded disband button positon:

honmod version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zfnjmnjmry/DisbandButtonSwitch.honmod

Code:
    Changelog:

Version 1.0.0: initial version for client version 0.1.49 Version 1.1.0: Updated for client version 1.52, and left red text in Version 1.1.1: Updated for client version 1.54 Version 1.1.2: Updated for client version 1.60

This is officially modification 065 in the Modification Repository!

Check out other mods by users by clicking here!

Last edited by Jager; 12-17-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Account Icon
    Hi Jager, sorry for earlier, could you please post some screenshots?
    [suggestion]Implement SmartCast keys:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=384829

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by SHJordan View Post
    Hi Jager, sorry for earlier, could you please post some screenshots?
    That's a good idea, will do. They'll be up in a few mins, I'll edit the OP. The mod's nothing fancy(because I'm not capable of that ), it's just to change a major UI annoyance.

Account Icon
    Nah... no problems... who need fancy at all? =D
    [suggestion]Implement SmartCast keys:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=384829

Most of the buttons in HoN are backwards.

Account Icon
    Screenshots up.

Quote Originally Posted by christucket View Post
    Most of the buttons in HoN are backwards.
    Yeah I noticed the quit buttons confirmation box was like this as well. But that's works well for that purpose, because it's to make sure if you acutally want to quit, so you need to move the cursor. I don't like that confirmation box though, I think I might download the mod to remove it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Screenshots up.

Yeah I noticed the quit buttons confirmation box was like this as well. But that's works well for that purpose, because it's to make sure if you acutally want to quit, so you need to move the cursor. I don't like that confirmation box though, I think I might download the mod to remove it.
    When I 1st started paying, ild accidently click quit. move my cursor to where i thought cancel should be and end up clicking quit >.<

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ottawa, Canada, Earth, Sol Sector, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe
    I don't know if the screenshots are showing it correctly, but the text isn't red after this mod. I suggest you leave it red.

Account Icon
    Honmod file up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Thysios View Post
    When I 1st started paying, ild accidently click quit. move my cursor to where i thought cancel should be and end up clicking quit >.<
    Ah good point, maybe that should be changed too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
    I don't know if the screenshots are showing it correctly, but the text isn't red after this mod. I suggest you leave it red.
    Yeah that's intended, as it says in the OP(although not clearly, I fudged an edit. Corrected now). I don't think it will be needed anymore, now that people can click on the side with the action they're used to. Because it's not a problem in all those confirmation/dialog boxes on other applications or an OS where the buttons are arrnage this way and have the same text colour.

I find the colour has the opposite effect of drawing you to it instead myself(so you click it), rather then pointing you away from it. Anyone else feel the same? I can make another version where it's red as well if many people want it.

It seems to me like S2 either was trying to avoid switching the buttons which was why they made it red, or they weren't aware of the issue.
    Last edited by Jager; 10-14-2009 at 11:34 PM.

Just add an "Are you sure? Yes/No" dialog when you click disband

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Enliven View Post
    Just add an "Are you sure? Yes/No" dialog when you click disband
    And then that will get annoying, and everyone will complain that it's wasting their time.. That isn't the problem I'm fixing here though, so your welcome to make that mod yourself.

Edit: Sorry guys, I forgot to change the link to the honmod version. It should work now. I'm suprised nobody said anyhting.
    Last edited by Jager; 10-15-2009 at 04:49 AM.

Account Icon
    Bump.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ....why?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by hsram View Post
    ....why?
    Read the OP?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by partyvan View Post
    Great! But why remove the red?
    It looks terrible. Red on blue does not blend well.
    New to Heroes of Newerth? Find help in the Training Grounds.

DenyTheTruth is not an employee of S2. All views in the above post are that of the poster and not that of S2 Games unless otherwise stated.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ottawa, Canada, Earth, Sol Sector, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by DenyTheTruth View Post
    It looks terrible. Red on blue does not blend well.
    That's why S2 made it red. Because it's ugly as hell, so you keep your mouse away from that s**t

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
    That's why S2 made it red. Because it's ugly as hell, so you keep your mouse away from that s**t
    i think ur giving them to much credit max :P

jk
    in loving memory of Rikimaru

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_Boom View Post
    i think ur giving them to much credit max :P

jk
    I personally like the red there. It makes me want to run the f**k away from the button. I wouldn't touch that s**t with a 20 foot pole.