Thread: Ama's Boomstick

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this item in HON?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 60.00%
  • No

2 40.00%

Ama's Boomstick

Ama's Boomstick

(Pretty sure you can Find a better Image)

+20 Damage
    +6 Health Regen
    +150% Mana Regen
    On attack deals 40% damage around initial target
    (Boomsticks are never accurate 100%)
    +10x2 Stats depending on which combined items for recipe

1x Substainer

1750g

+

2x Any combination of

2000g

+

1x Ama's Boomstick (recipe)

600g

Total 4350g

This affect does not work with melee attacks.
    Gives ranged classes an aoe type attack. May be a little to powerful in raw form could be toned down.

Basically went of the premise of the Runed Axe for ranged wanting to give them an item they can use substainer without having to go to refresher orb or sac stone, And will give them the aoe that melee can get with the Runed axe.

The radius can be worked on like the runed axe that it only hits targets in front of the weilder. Could also lower the radius so if the weilder is attacking the melee creeps of a lane than the ranged creep/Demo/Cat does not take the 40% damage.

Doesnt seem like it would be game breaking and it would allow people to farm better as ranged be able to select the stats you want for the str/agi/int which could help alot more for staying alive as an int hero or give that extra mana to the agi hero so on etc etc...

Last edited by Amatheon; 10-11-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Account Icon
    Honestly I don't really like the look of this item. It covers too many aspects and isn't focused too well. Charged Hammer is already a "Runed Axe" for ranged heros.

Plus, you should add a damage item to your recipe or make the recipe about 1500-2000 more, since right now you get +40 damage and the Boomstick effect from simply 600 gp.

And btw, you should add a Private Poll.

Well the charged hammer is a chance on proc this would do the damage all the time. And no you wouldnt get +40 damage and the boomstick for just 600gp. I took the runed axe lowered it from +65 to +40 to compensate for the two damage items instead of getting the 1400g and the 1200g you get w 1000g items that have stats not just + damage and added the 600g for that it took out for a recipe.

Account Icon
    I see. However, now this item gives 20 stats (minus any attack damage you get from it) which Runed Axe doesn't get, which could be used for 380 more hp, which would be worth about 2k gp for taking up a differentt item slot. Having this use the same item slot should really bump the price up by 2500 gp or so.

If the damage was reduced to only give 20 then you get those 2 items it may be a little more reasonable i guess

Account Icon
    Seems more balanced now. Oh, I forgot Sustainer gives a passive 10 damage XD. And I forgot that most heroes that use this would be agility, and if they get 20 strength then they'd get 380 hp versus 20 damage and 20% attack speed.

could be good for int heroes too like tb, hag so on.i didnt want to put to little damage but enough at the same time. charge/thunder claw are good for ranged but this is range specific like the runed is melee.

Account Icon
    Yup.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Charged hammer/thunderclaw fills this niche sufficiently. Feels unnecessary.

Hero Suggestions:
    The Ronin||Peacemaker||Quicksilver||Ashraf
    Team Focus Gaming www.teamfocus.biz
    TWL NA HoN Admin www.teamwarfare.com
    5v5 BP Ladder
    $500 Kick-off Tournament!
    Think you're better than me? Challenge FcG on the Teamwarfare HoN 5v5 BP ladder!