Thread: Prices for heroes in LoL and HoN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon

Prices for heroes in LoL and HoN

Just for curiosity, some numbers.

How much?

All heroes in HoN costs 29 100 in silver coins (you can get them during game) or 13 550 gold coins (only purchase or some promotion like alienware/IGN).

All "champions" in LoL costs 286 050 in "influence points" (you can get them during game) or 62 985 "Riot points" (only purchase).

Let's see closer.

Price in gold coins are ~two times cheaper.
    Price in "Riot Points" are ~three times cheaper.

What about cheap heroes?

HoN have minimum price 65 silver coins only for two Moon Quenn (carry) and Plague Rider (support).

LoL have minimum price 450 influence points for 7 3 carry, 2 support, tank-jungler and mage.

Earning coins and points

HoN have dozens of bonus coins social bonus, bloodlust, immortal, etc.
    LoL pays only for win/lose and first win at day. Amount of points depends of how much time single match was.

So average match in HoN with win gives you 6-14 coins (win+ small bonuses like bloodlust/consecutive). So it's like 6 wins for cheap hero, 10 for next price-level-hero, 25, 40, 65 wins for most expensive.

Average winning match in LoL gives you 80 IP. So it's like 6 wins for cheap hero, 17 for next price-level-hero, 40, 60, 79 wins for most expensive.

TL;DR

Price in gold coins are higher that in LoL, but earning heroes by playing game are cheaper in HoN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't know why i'm wrote this

it's nice to know this (for sure), but what exactly is your point?
    If you want to criticize S2's prices or coin handling you should point out more differences - as i can see, prices/gains dont differ much.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What about how much would the minimummax cost in USD on both games? and how much would all heroes cost in both games?

i heard getting all the heros is about 120$ in hon. if you want to buy them all. i think its not bad compared to LOL. Still i liked when everybody get all the heros but i understand this from a buisness point of view.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by KnalIPeng View Post
    it's nice to know this (for sure), but what exactly is your point?
    "Just for curiosity".

Quote Originally Posted by Scarier View Post
    i heard getting all the heros is about 120$ in hon.
    350$. Or with bundles like 250$.
    LoL - ~450$.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    How much would liek the cheapest hero cost in USD in btoh games? and the most expensive?

also in LoL you ahve to pay for cosmetic / skins right? in hon you can earn them

This thread doesn't take into account that you need to buy runes to be in anyway competitive in ranked games in LoL.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    also in LoL you ahve to pay for cosmetic / skins right? in hon you can earn them
    Yeah, in LoL you have to buy skins with money.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Otherside View Post
    This thread doesn't take into account that you need to buy runes to be in anyway competitive in ranked games in LoL.
    Considering you can't "buy" runes with money, only earn them... Your point is moot.

You need grind ''runes' and ''heroes'' in LoL.
    Playing:
    1 - DOTA2 closedbeta(since 10-28) (serious business) ACTIVE 193 Wins 171 Losses
    2 - HoN ACTIVE (serious business)

Don't you get riot points for inviting friends?
    Glee

Quote Originally Posted by Turdburglar View Post
    Considering you can't "buy" runes with money, only earn them... Your point is moot.
    It's not moot if you only need to grind heroes, rather than heroes and runes..

+ tons of tards spend cash on IP boosts.

The price for all heroes in HoN is atm exactly 276,19 $ if you purchase 420 GC for 10$.
    I give a **** about LoL.
    This, my fellow "Legacy" brothers, is a historic rip-off, regarding what you can buy for this amount of money in the real world out there.

R.I.P. HoN.

why don't you count the bundles they have? it's def. cheaper in HoN to buy all champs than in LoL.

You can get 40 champions with gold coins at a discount in HoN.

How much per hero in each (in $ or whatever) based on average cost for hero (either mean or median)?
    Reveal your Midwars MMR -- download the latest version of the mod.

you forgot about casualmode and the fact that in HoN u can concede earlier.

like some one said about LoL 'the most expensive "free" game you`ll ever play'

I just feel bad that we got all the heroes for 30 where they have to pay 300...

I'd prefer it if they could just buy the heroes for 30 ya know? but not get the legacy account

IDK
    Seems cheap and very casual, like none of these people will get competitive with HoN and only play at the 1000-1250 level with people just like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turdburglar View Post
    Biggest lie Riot has ever told since you can buy IP boosts which is pretty much buying runes.
    Melee Strength Initiator: Shackle, The Prisoner
    Suggestion: Show Hero-specific stats on pick screen

Quote Originally Posted by Silidons View Post
    why don't you count the bundles they have? it's def. cheaper in HoN to buy all champs than in LoL.

You can get 40 champions with gold coins at a discount in HoN.
    Because it doesn't even matter, you !

Even if you could "save" 25% it would still be 200 $ to get all of em.
    This is just sick.

And because LoL does such crap, it doesnt make it legit in HoN.
    They lapidate people in Saudi Arabia, that doesnt make it "ok" in the western world.