Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The OFFICIAL DOTA2 Thread

View Poll Results: Bad poll is bad

Voters
18000. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9,001 50.01%
  • No

8,999 49.99%
Page 287 of 905 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387787 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,740 of 18089
    I was quite hopefull for DoTa 2, being a former DoTa player.

But.. Those screenshots was rather dissapointing. I must say I like HoNs graphics better. And the tree's are gone from the fountain, why?=/

It looks like a crossover from LoL and HoN tbh. Cartoony like LoL, but darker and better graphics.

I was a dota 2 fanboy, gimme Darkseer<-, but now? Meh, I will still buy it, but I do believe I will play HoN more then dota 2. (btw, vengefull spirit looks like crap)
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    (btw, vengefull spirit looks like crap)
    Yeah, she just doesn't have the aestethics Andro has.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Torch View Post
    S2 mad that the game will die so they bury a dota 2 thread in off topic with a horrible and biased poll. S2 stop trolling your playerbase.
    Why don't you take dota2 discussions to dota2 forums rather than on HoN forums

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ripoff View Post
    I was quite hopefull for DoTa 2, being a former DoTa player.

But.. Those screenshots was rather dissapointing. I must say I like HoNs graphics better. And the tree's are gone from the fountain, why?=/

It looks like a crossover from LoL and HoN tbh. Cartoony like LoL, but darker and better graphics.

I was a dota 2 fanboy, gimme Darkseer<-, but now? Meh, I will still buy it, but I do believe I will play HoN more then dota 2. (btw, vengefull spirit looks like crap)
    I played DotA not for the graphics. I only quit DotA after 7 years to join HoN due to a more flowing engine. I gonna switch to Dota2, even when the graphics would be like Wc3 or D2 again. Many ppl think the same way and im sure you are no real former DotA player. You may played it once a day or so...

all those screens are 3 months old..

Just saw a picture of the Roster, before the thread in GD got deleted. Is there only going to be a limited hero pool in the first release?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's still a while till the release of the game, but we will see how many heroes are already added in 2 days.

i will only move to dota2 if HoN's playerbase takes a big knock. a lot of people seem upset with s2 and i wonder how/if that will affect player numbers.
    Last edited by Exile4eva; 08-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

soz LoL sees Dota2's 1 million and has raised it to 5 mlllion...
    Dota2 better raise their tourney prize pool to 10 million to beat LoL's

xD

alm0st time 2 leave H0N i see

At the end of the day the community keeps a game alive. And well, the HoN community... I just say "Russia&Eastern Europe FTW!"...

I can only hope that mod watches this video.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSasorixX View Post
    Just saw a picture of the Roster, before the thread in GD got deleted. Is there only going to be a limited hero pool in the first release?
    Well kind of, but there will be more than it was on that picture, heck it will probably be some more heroes at Gamescom. Yurnero isn't even on the list (if it's him on the fan-art) to name only one thing. (He's )

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by F12ank View Post
    I can only hope that mod watches this video.
    that mod has and it still doesn't change the fact it is a personal opinion as to what you like compared to what someone else likes.
    And an opinion is NOT fact.

do you understand? because this is exactly what I was talking about when I was talking about going all militant on this thread
    Last edited by Naib; 08-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.

The UI takes up way too much space. Hope they have mods and I can get a mini UI replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstrife View Post
    soz LoL sees Dota2's 1 million and has raised it to 5 mlllion...
    Dota2 better raise their tourney prize pool to 10 million to beat LoL's

xD
    5 million spread over a whole season (lasts at least a year) vs 1 million 1st place prize money for a single tournament.

Not taking sides but just wanted to point out the difference to you.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why people appear to be bright...until you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by cg_drawchat0 View Post
    I played DotA not for the graphics. I only quit DotA after 7 years to join HoN due to a more flowing engine. I gonna switch to Dota2, even when the graphics would be like Wc3 or D2 again. Many ppl think the same way and im sure you are no real former DotA player. You may played it once a day or so...
    Have your opinion mate, but dont draw conclusion like that. I've played ALOT of dota (and still do). Got hundreds of screenshots in my wc3 map folder from DotA.
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    that mod has and it still doesn't change the fact it is a personal opinion as to what you like compared to what someone else likes

do you understand
    Yes, ultimately some players will enjoy Heroes of Newerth's Medal of Honor-esque horridly boring, bland palette compared to a more TF2-esque Dota 2 palette, but a majority of players are going to enjoy the latter. We've already witnessed how players respond to vibrant vs. dull in multiple titles (given multiple examples in the video) and will undoubtedly see it again in HoN v. Dota 2. HoN's aesthetics are forgettable, Dota 2 "pops".