Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The OFFICIAL DOTA2 Thread

View Poll Results: Bad poll is bad

Voters
18000. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9,001 50.01%
  • No

8,999 49.99%
Page 188 of 905 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 18089
    0 american teams and by american i mean both continents

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Inurthreadz View Post
    Because its valve?
    Gabe shits money

A Fed Gabe is a Good Gabe

its about 10 Million $ overall, thats a shitload of money

AND

Europe >>>>>>> America BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by VaniLLa`Ace View Post
    its about 10 Million $ overall, thats a shitload of money

AND

Europe >>>>>>> America BAM!
    What ? From what I read it's 1 mil for the WINNER, nothing for the everyone else ( they got free hotel, food, expense money, travel money )

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    CU HoN!
    Can't wait for dota 2

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Now I kinda wanna go to gamescom. Too bad I'm stripped for cash atm

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Also: "Valve is targeting this fall for a large scale beta."
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/570

That's what S2 gets for trying to screw icefrog with making a shitty copy.

Quote Originally Posted by paper121 View Post
    0 american teams and by american i mean both continents
    There are no good american teams (only 1 was sponsored recently, and vVv gaming has disbanded).

The 2 best american players play on Euro/international teams (DeMoN plays for MYM and Power.Net plays for OK.Nirvana.Int).

tobi announced on his stream, the same time that this announcement went live, that the total prize pool is 1.6 million. However he didn't say what the breakdown was for prizes past first.

we know this day would come, S2 has already dug themselves their own graves. not even blizzard+riot+s2 combined can match valve. valve+icefrog is the best combination.

Quote Originally Posted by x_StaTiK View Post
    There are no good american teams (only 1 was sponsored recently, and vVv gaming has disbanded).

The 2 best american players play on Euro/international teams (DeMoN plays for MYM and Power.Net plays for OK.Nirvana.Int).
    I'm retarded.

Pain is actually good (I'm guessing also sponsored), but they're not quite on par with the bigs in Euro, let alone the big fish in Asia.

****ing EPIC. Valve/IceFrog coming in BIG STYLE!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    big news is big

i've been a long supporter of HoN, but as dota2 gets closer I feel like I'm getting more excited for it. I see dota2 as the true successor to dota and as I've never played dota, I feel like it would be nice to play a game that started the genre. dota2 will inherit all the history of dota and all the heroes. i also like the fact that it inherits the years of balance work and metagame changes that have occurred in dota over many years. it seems like i'm definitely going to give dota2 a try and it seems more and more like HoN won't be able to compete with dota2. i'm starting to feel like what i'm playing now is just a cheap clone of dota.

and i also think dota2 will be much more legit competitively. i feel like the hon "pros" are just players that weren't good enough for dota.
    Last edited by `Fluttershy; 08-01-2011 at 08:06 PM.

RIP HoN

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Forfeit View Post

If Dota2 is micro-transactional, I'll never spend a dime on it. But I would pay $40 for full access (hopefully Valve won't pull this bait-and-switch bullshit that S2 did) no problem.
    You mean like Valve did to Tf2? Thats right, they started out charging for that game, then lowered the price with micro transactions and eventually made it free to play, just like S2 did. What now?

DotA 2 will still be full of pony lovers and furry fried critters though. Oh well.

PRESENTING: The International team insignia

Valve sure is trying hard

Also lol no American teams

Edit: First and last $1 million tournament Valve puts out. (which is why I said that first sentence)
    Last edited by Atrim3ntus; 08-01-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    "Honestly I think the reason we all get so upset over this game is BECAUSE of how much we love it." -PieRowManSir