Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The OFFICIAL DOTA2 Thread

View Poll Results: Bad poll is bad

Voters
18000. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9,001 50.01%
  • No

8,999 49.99%
Page 187 of 891 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 17801
    And you'll go win it ?

Big prize pool for a tournamet = good gameplay experience for the average trash pub ? (you)

So, S2, you just got 1-up'd in your latest tournament seeking adventures - $1Million DOTA2 Tour

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/news/...nt-at-gamescom

This goes against my own ethics about posting DOTA2 things in GD and I know this belongs in "Off Topic", but this is HUGE.

www.dota2.com

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    if the teams represent where the player base is from %wise i wouldn't touch that game with a 10ft pole

Quote Originally Posted by Came_fromLOL View Post
    Pretty sure it's more than all HoN AND LoL tourneys combined haha.

This is great. The LoL forums are going crazy, and RIOT is deleting threads like every 2 seconds.

Man I hate Riot games.
    S2 have deleted numerous threads on it already too

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by davestr1zl View Post
    S2 have deleted numerous threads on it already too
    They have combined many of the threads in this one.

1 million dollars for dota 2 cup winners

The first sneakpeak on Dota 2 will be a tournament between the 16 best dota-teams.

And the winner will get 1 million dollars.

http://www.dota2.com/

Valve is going out strong

Account Icon
    omg i did not know that thanks!
    \_(ツ)_/

Indeed, i was quite shocked when i first saw it :O

spending cheese

I see it almost as retaliation for the MLG news.

I'm glad, I am in Germany visiting the gamescom.

Best part of this news is we finally get so see the game, and we know its being released this year.

pretty amazing
    thats dota2 f*ck yeah

Team nationality at the tournament:

EU
    EU
    Denmark
    Ukraine
    Russia
    Denmark
    Thailand
    Vietnam
    Malaysia
    Singapore
    Philippines
    China
    China
    China
    China
    China

lol'd

It's called HYPE.

Somehow Valve managed to prevent ANY leaks regarding DOTA2's development. Nobody even IMAGINED that it was so close to release.

If they're holding a $1M USD tourney, that is going to be streamed as a means to showcase the game, one can only assume that it's **VERY** close to going retail.

I would assume they'll be releasing somewhere from october ---> early December. **VERY** ballsy on the part of Valve; it seems they intend to compete directly with Diablo 3 and Blizzard. I can't think of 2 bigger PC-exclusive titles that have come out in the past few years.
    You haven't been following the leaks closely then, we knew DotA 2 was in beta since November of last year because of some changelog leaks. We also knew there was a tournament at Gamescom happening because a shoutcaster leaked his invite letter from Valve. We even have had a list of the Valve servers running DotA 2, and you could see who was in them.

What we didn't know is that it was for $1 million.

every hon team will move to dota 2 and no1 will sponsor this game anymore. goodbye lol and maliken, hello icefrog

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    This has to be a joke. There will be DOTA 2 championship in less than 3 weeks yet there's not a single in game screenshot out?
    its been beta testing for several months by all the top teams

It's called HYPE.

Somehow Valve managed to prevent ANY leaks regarding DOTA2's development. Nobody even IMAGINED that it was so close to release.

If they're holding a $1M USD tourney, that is going to be streamed as a means to showcase the game, one can only assume that it's **VERY** close to going retail.

I would assume they'll be releasing somewhere from october ---> early December. **VERY** ballsy on the part of Valve; it seems they intend to compete directly with Diablo 3 and Blizzard. I can't think of 2 bigger PC-exclusive titles that have come out in the past few years.
    There have been leaks

Account Icon
    i think we've all learned a valuable lesson here today; if you dont have money, dont fuckin' bother

Account Icon
    Fckin awesome news! GG $2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVtJz_NR33k DDD

Page 187 of 891 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast