Thread: Signatures by Daecu (For anyone)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon

Signatures by Daecu (For anyone)

http://daecu7.deviantart.com/art/Tag...ites-116011389
    (the whole thing got a bit over-sharpened on upload, they look a bit softer in actuality)

The tag wall is quite large so I don't want to post the img itself, but that and the others are examples of my work, I've been making tags for about 4 years, with about 5-6 years of photoshop experience. If you want me to make you a tag, just tell me what render you want (character, from HoN or anything else, people/objects/anime are fine too) And what text you want to appear on it.

Feel free to post in here, send me a private message, message me in game, or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Only note: I'd prefer to not have to put long quotes on tags, typography is a very delicate part of a tag and single words/names often are the most visually appealing. If you really want it however I will do it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hey Daecu, I see you have no requests so I'll give you one. I'd like my sig with the electrician. As I'm planning on adding stats info by using honarmory sig generator, I'd like it to be rather clean (so that text can be seen). The only text I want on the sig is my name. I hope you understand what I mean. Thanks.

Account Icon
    I was wondering if i could Grab a Signature of Electrician with my name iRaveni on it, The General Size of a Signature will do just do as you wish i love your work

Account Icon
    I'd like a signature with The Dark lady on it, with just my name (nayloR) on it.

Account Icon
    Can I get a signature of Demented Shaman with my name on it. thanks.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Id like to request a signature

Most wanted - Least wanted 1-3

Pic:http://planetrenders.net/renders/dis....php?pos=-8118 Pic2:http://planetrenders.net/renders/dis...php?pos=-48965 Pic3:http://planetrenders.net/renders/dis...php?pos=-45097

Theme Well he is default red/black So something along that but I would like some Orange in there

Text: OoGa`ChaKa

Somewhere (faded into the back) Id like the Demonoid Fellow With reference to Demonoid.com
    Also Above the demon put T-D.Net(As in torrent-damage.net) As they dont have a "mascot" its just a Stylish T-D.net.

I know its alot and thanks alot in advance.
    Last edited by OoGa`ChaKa; 10-09-2009 at 04:44 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Heya mate thanks for the thread. If I Could could I please grab a 'darkish' madman themed signature with just my name on it. Same size as yours is fine.

Account Icon
    What do ya guys think of mine?

Account Icon
    Hey bro i love ur style do u have any tutorial to do signatures?

Account Icon
    Uploading to deviantart sharpened your image?

Although if they're only a "little" sharpened then I think you have a problem. They were sharpened so much that strong aliasing and haloing formed, and dithering from gradients turned into white grain.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by binbo View Post
    Uploading to deviantart sharpened your image?

Although if they're only a "little" sharpened then I think you have a problem. They were sharpened so much that strong aliasing and haloing formed, and dithering from gradients turned into white grain.
    Bad picture quality, or he whored the Sharpen tool too much in some of them.

Account Icon
    I think you use the sharpen tool a little to much. Try using a "High Pass" next time. It's under Filters > Other > High Pass. On another note, make sure you apply the image to an empty layer and hide the text before doing so. Other then that, they look pretty cool. I use High Passes on most of my sigs. It makes them stick out, without the over sharpened effect.

Also, I've never heard of deviantART adding sharpness upon upload. lol
    With friends like you, there's no need for enemies. With friends like you, there's no need for anything.

I actually do like your type of style... it's something else than the normal "hey wanna have some sigs people?" style. It's structured and clear not as much smudged... but what you should work on is the implementation of your renders... you use photoshop?

Account Icon
    Yeah I'm not sure what it was, but you can compare the el fuerte tag i'm wearing now to the one in the tag wall to get an idea of how messed up they got. I'd you'd prefer I could post just the originals in here :3 I'll get on these after lunch since I'm free all day . Yeah Jaz, I am currently using cs4 Yeah, smudge is a bit old-school for me. Using it to add a little bit of effect is fine and dandy but I stopped using it for the entire sig about a year and a half ago. Realism is probably my strong point, but I have been wanting to get a bit artsy again so the concept art for HoN suits me just fine

Well next time just get the eraser tool with a flow of maybe around 50% and smooth edges and go along the boarders of your renders with that... it really helps ^^ Oh right and don't forget to also change the transparency to another amount 100% is often too high

Account Icon
    It all depends on the quality of the render. If its a good cut no additional work is needed on the edges. If its a shoddy cut then it will need more work :/. Again the tag wall is kinda messed up, I'm gonna see if I have it on my laptop and re-up it on photobucket and swap the links.

edit: ok well photobucket is making it smaller (even though I have a pro account, lame photobucket) and i realized that what DA had done was BLUR the signatures, so I had reuploaded it after over-sharpening it to counter-act it and... yeah w/e didn't work out so well. Anyone have any other sites they recommend for hosting large images?

edit: Well anyways, Jojje, if this isn't quite what you meant let me know, sounded like you wanted some room for the stats so i left some dead space to the right

iRaven here is yours:

naylor and deathdawn are next~
    Last edited by Daecu; 10-09-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Account Icon
    Simpley love it

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecu View Post
    It all depends on the quality of the render. If its a good cut no additional work is needed on the edges. If its a shoddy cut then it will need more work :/. Again the tag wall is kinda messed up, I'm gonna see if I have it on my laptop and re-up it on photobucket and swap the links.

edit: ok well photobucket is making it smaller (even though I have a pro account, lame photobucket) and i realized that what DA had done was BLUR the signatures, so I had reuploaded it after over-sharpening it to counter-act it and... yeah w/e didn't work out so well. Anyone have any other sites they recommend for hosting large images?

edit: Well anyways, Jojje, if this isn't quite what you meant let me know, sounded like you wanted some room for the stats so i left some dead space to the right

iRaven here is yours:

naylor and deathdawn are next~
    Thanks a lot, I'm pleased just one small thing...the font wasn't very exciting, but hey it's okay
    I'm glad people offer their skills ^^

Account Icon
    i would love a clean dark lady sig without a name on it

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    If you could make me a sig with either one of these images of Maynard from Tool I would love you long time.

http://theplummetonions.files.wordpr...05/maynard.jpg

http://www.rockstar.it/img/Maynard_James_Keenan.jpg

Text
    Name: Jigzup
    Words: forty-six and two ahead of me

Do whatever you think looks best

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast