Thread: Arabic?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Arabic?

Hello my friends... I really think that we should translate hon to arabic because many arabs play dota and many of them are upgrading to either hon or lol and we dont want them to go to lol... and we can see this evident in the huge amounts of arabs all around hon these days
    please look into it s2 games because ur da best.

haven't ran into an arab for months, do you play on US servers?

EDIT: And also, isn't there like a million types of arabic? like, in Pakistan they have slight differences from Iraq and Afghanistan for example?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Wow Cashman you are so ignorant of the world. Arabs are people who are from Saudia Arabia and United Arab Emirates. That includes places like Qatar, but does not include Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Tazakhistan etc etc.
    Every hero below has one or more new ability effects, Check them out:
    FESTER: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?492343
    FRIGID: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?488679
    FAITH: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?456864
    FANGHORN: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?487251
    FAUST: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?487077
    FENDER: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?453333

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by foxmindedguy View Post
    Wow Cashman you are so ignorant of the world. Arabs are people who are from Saudia Arabia and United Arab Emirates. That includes places like Qatar, but does not include Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Tazakhistan etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashman View Post
    haven't ran into an arab for months, do you play on US servers?

EDIT: And also, isn't there like a million types of arabic? like, in Pakistan they have slight differences from Iraq and Afghanistan for example?

AMERICA IS GREAT... YOU GUYS ARE GREATLY EDUCATED.
    Pakistan and Afghanistan are not arabs cashman and iraq is arab foxmindedguy...
    there are 22 Arab countries across the Middle East and north Africa and Comoros in western Africa making a total of 355,000,000 Arabs around the world that live in their original countries of course not counting the ones in living outside the Arab World.
    The Arabic language is just one language no there are no million arabic languages there is only one but there are certainly dialects that differ from country to country. However, there is the modern Arabic dialect that every Arab knows because they have to use it in government offices and is taught in schools and that is the language that I'm trying to translate HoN into.
    Now, go to wikipedia to learn more about pan-arabism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_League

In either way, I would not like to see an Arabic client. Last time I saw an Arabic client made for a game was http://co.91.com/ and now the game is like 99% Egyptian and nobody speaks English and they are all scamming *******s. So, I would hope that wouldn't happen again.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulatec View Post
    In either way, I would not like to see an Arabic client. Last time I saw an Arabic client made for a game was http://co.91.com/ and now the game is like 99% Egyptian and nobody speaks English and they are all scamming *******s. So, I would hope that wouldn't happen again.
    aren't you being a little racist? dont you think?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    see my signature

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    DEVO DEVO DEVO
    Too bad it's me; black smith

God please make them pick LoL!
    Last edited by Femlord; 07-14-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulatec View Post
    HoN isn't MMo? ucan't trade **** in hon?
    its all about ur skills...and yes s2 won't modify any thing they didn't even add single middle east country flag

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    its all about ur skills...and yes s2 won't modify any thing they didn't even add single middle east country flag
    <<< APROVED

Quote Originally Posted by `Lorko View Post
    I never said it was an MMO, nor was I trying to compare HoN to an MMO, none the less it is a game with a community, a community that I would not like to see Arabs in because most will **** start talking with unknown characters and we are just like... "Wtf bro?"

Im arab myself we do play hon but we just speak english in here sometimes i dont even know that my teammate is an arab until the end of the game by chance maybe thats why u think that u havent ran into an arab

There arent 22 arabic languages its one language used in books / movie subs .. etc (one we learn at school also)
    The difference is that each country speaks their own casual arabic for normal matters but I still can understand most of the other countries "casual arabic" however like i said for translation we use the official arabic that everyone understands. I hope that makes things clear

ps. Afghanistan isnt an arab country

Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    AMERICA IS GREAT... YOU GUYS ARE GREATLY EDUCATED.

I love how you just assume that that guy is from America.

And because you're complaining about him mixing up geographic locations and cultures... I'll go ahead and do the same. The U.S.A. IS NOT AMERICA. The term America encompasses the continents of both South and North America (which includes dozens of different contries). The United States of America is a small portion (culturally) of the Americas.

Please don't insult the fine people of Canada and South America when you only intend to insult the U.S.A. And please don't insult the U.S.A. based off what little interaction you've had with random *******s on the internet.

If you're going to generalize the behavior and mindset of an entire country based off of this guy's behavior then you damn well better expect that he'll make whatever generalizations and false claims about your own country and culture.

Please educate yourself and stop assuming that everyone in the U.S.A. is an ethnocentric ******* (there is a good portion of them who are, I won't deny that). Good day to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Talak_Hallen View Post

And because you're complaining about him mixing up geographic locations and cultures... I'll go ahead and do the same. The U.S.A. IS NOT AMERICA. The term America encompasses the continents of both South and North America (which includes dozens of different contries). The United States of America is a small portion (culturally) of the Americas.

Please don't insult the fine people of Canada and South America when you only intend to insult the U.S.A. And please don't insult the U.S.A. based off what little interaction you've had with random *******s on the internet.

If you're going to generalize the behavior and mindset of an entire country based off of this guy's behavior then you damn well better expect that he'll make whatever generalizations and false claims about your own country and culture.

Please educate yourself and stop assuming that everyone in the U.S.A. is an ethnocentric ******* (there is a good portion of them who are, I won't deny that). Good day to you, sir.
    Explains much...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

We do not care about the geography lesson, which you have said
    we already know that United stats of america is part of north america
    but you don't have to say u.s.a since it meant to be america .
    you can't call brazil america or canada either.... its like when you say america your mind goes to u.s.a..I bet you don't know your origin founders of a European country.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    well... I generalized because I live with them. Also, I called it America because USA'ian call themselves Americans. I wouldn't do it if they don't do it. you sir make no sense what so ever

Quote Originally Posted by Talak_Hallen View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    DEVO DEVO DEVO
    Too bad it's me; black smith

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Must Arab who Ever plays Heroes Of Newerth Are From Gulf <UAE , QATAR, KSA etc.> And they speak english in during Game, I dont think S2 Should make Hon translated in Arabic for few Countries imo. Because Arab most of them they play together from thier Own com. And im From Qatar and im Arab, Its better in English version So the entire world understand this language and it doesnt have to be translated in any language

i just wanna say
    s2 wont do that but u can do it urself

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well if you'ld edit the string files for yourself, u could do your own translation and evantually hope for implementation, but i guess its much work :/
    If you see me talking about bots, be aware im not a S2 representative.

-------

Take a look at my lua tutorial series i made especially for bots

-------

Take a look at my mods
    or/and follow me on Twitter for Mod-Updates and News
    Now enjoy the improved HoN!

---

I'm lazy.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by H2F View Post
    Hello my friends... I really think that we should translate hon to arabic because many arabs play dota and many of them are upgrading to either hon or lol and we dont want them to go to lol... and we can see this evident in the huge amounts of arabs all around hon these days
    please look into it s2 games because ur da best.
    7bibi, they don't even include our flags and you think they will include our language? kus emoun

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
    7bibi, they don't even include our flags and you think they will include our language? kus emoun

ee walah, But now They did :Pp