Thread: Why dota strats won't work in this game..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why dota strats won't work in this game..

Our head balancer decides to nerf jungle. LoL and dota did the exact opposite. The trilane meta game in dota is slowly dieing with EHOME losing to LGD's double jungle strat.

Jesus christ where does S2 balancers get their idea for nerfing the jungle for?

****ing meta game of alchemist bones + kongor ain't changing till dota 2 comes out and this game dies.

Also i'll leave this here,

http://s2diva.wordpress.com/
    youtube.com/peachymoonz
    moonmeander@hotmail.com for contact.

Twitch.tv/moonmeander for BIG PRAYS

lemme see.. maybe its because DotA isnt HoN.. What do i win?

As ridiculous as this is, he has a point. Making jungling a viable alternative to tri-laning could be nice. Keyword here is could. It would not only be hard to do, but could have a lot of unforeseen problems.

As far as addressing the title, HoN isn't DotA. I think S2 has made it pretty clear they're trying to steer away from being a DotA port.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonMeander` View Post
    Our head balancer decides to nerf jungle. LoL and dota did the exact opposite. The trilane meta game in dota is slowly dieing with EHOME losing to LGD's double jungle strat.

Jesus christ where does S2 balancers get their idea for nerfing the jungle for?

****ing meta game of alchemist bones + kongor ain't changing till dota 2 comes out and this game dies.

Also i'll leave this here,

http://s2diva.wordpress.com/

CCM beat LGD's dual jungle with a tri lane

dual jungle is dying strat....

anecdotal evidence ftw

Aside from that, most current and future changes(More Item changes coming) make very little sense

Edit: anyone else wasting time posting "lol DRD" garbage rather then discussion, enjoy your vacation from the forums
    Last edited by Happyfish; 07-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Are you really blind HappyFish? You didn't read that blog?

read it almost 1/2 a day ago, it very accurately describes the hero construction process.

What jungle nerf are you talking about? Alch bones aren't used for jungling but for ricing

Also buff ophelia
    Last edited by Mellow; 07-11-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Account Icon
    It's not only that but by nerfing the jungle you're also nerfing the potential of a few extra heroes, as well as the jungle pulls. Personally I don't believe that the nerf should have happened, at least not the "decrease of time till creeps run back to camp(Dnno how else to say it)", maybe the decrease to only double stack, but not this.

If this is gonna be like this then heroes such as Enchantress should be ported, if not directly ported something similar or heavily influenced.

Anyways, LOL AT THE WEBSITE.

Nothing in dota will work in HoN, because there are too many retards in HoN

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    What jungle nerf are you talking about? Alch bones aren't used for jungling but for ricing

Also buff ophelia
    Decreased leach time? No more stacking 3 camps at once? is sad.

I don't think it was an nerf though, as they also increased the ms of some neutrals, and doesn't stack a lot anyways.
    DEC 13th, 2010
    “We will NEVER allow player to gain an in-game advantage for money, ONLY COSMETICS

JUL 29th, 2011
    “Players will be able to PURCHASE EARLY ACCESS to new heroes to play them before they are released for free to the rest of the legacy players”

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    To be honest I haven't actually seen a lot of players really try to jungle. It pops up every now and then and iirc, sk double jungle won... msi tempest jungles every now n then -> won. So to be honest I don't see the big issue

I'd like to see the change with neutralspawns in dota come to hon. Would be an interesting change.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnalleBalle
    In LoL, every hero is OP, so LoL is balanced.

what change?
    Quote Originally Posted by beatingu View Post
    honcast: too bad being useless isn't an olympic sport

Alchemist Bones are almost only used in boring american games. Who's watching them anyway.

"dieing"

Quote Originally Posted by dsqc View Post
    what change?
    Not sure but I think they don't check for corpses anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mag` View Post
    BlaBla I love le penis.
    Nice sig bro.

Want Graphic Design work done? Blablabla, I'm awesome and cheap.
    www.prophetforprofit.ch

Yes, if there is creep corpses they will still respawn unless vision blocks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnalleBalle
    In LoL, every hero is OP, so LoL is balanced.

I kinda lol'd about that blog
    sry

Chinese dota brings all the innovations, we don't have a chinese pro scene. If it wasnt for the Chinese in Dota, you would probably have never seen dual jungle there neither ran succesfuly.

Meta of alchemist? It's been a long time since I saw a pro team winning with 4v5+alchemist farming, how is it meta of alchemist nowadays when nobody decent relies on it? Why don't you just listen to JohnnyUtah and shut the **** up?

Jungle nerfs are retarded though, Im aware S2 wanted support heroes to stop stacking neuts with that change, but that's not the way.
    Last edited by rCore; 07-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast