Thread: Best way to raise PSR?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best way to raise PSR?

Hi all I was wondering how best to go about getting my PSR to an acceptable level to start playing harder games? I currently have a PSR of around 1500, though I typically play newb only SD or SDEM games at the moment. Problem with these is that they are so hit and miss. It takes 1 person to feed a character like arachna on the opposing team early and it is pretty well over for us. I can still maintain a decent KDR for the match but I think it is the loss that effects my PSR.

I don't know anyone that I can play with during Aus timezone (which is a pain as I would love a lane partner) so is all I can do is just keep playing and hope to get lucky with the wins? I'd like to improve by player a higher tier of game that is all and so far I have had no luck with picking up people to play with here on the forums so it looks like I am stuck on my own.

First of all, if you want to play in higher level games stop playing EM. It teaches you horrible habits that don't hold up in any decent games.

Second of all, SD is less than favorable as well - in a match of even players, the team who made better picks will usually win, and in SD everyone isn't drawing from the same hero pool.

Finally, the only option to raise your PSR is to win. In pubs, make sure you have a carry who can carry. Try to talk to your team and get decent team composition, not the usual Scout/Arachna/Madman/Slither/Valkyrie that you see in the 1500ish bracket. Again, make sure your carry player can actually carry, and if you're not sure pick a support/soft carry so that you can pick up the slack.

Honestly, so much of getting a good PSR is based around your team, so the best option is this: get some friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Account Icon
    play 2x2, or 3x4 =)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Winning games works for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by XoXoXo` View Post
    Never immergrated from DotA... although father says the old country was great, I'm too busy with HoN culture and society to learn about its roots and heritage =) Someday, Id like to travel to DotA and see the historical importance it used to hold, but then again, How can a HoN-borned player like me every appreciate DotA... In the distant future, when we HoN players change our patronage to a better HoN, a similar thread like this will be created and the Immigrant DotA-ians will just be an old retired ancestors who speak of legendary forgotten heroes who prosper in an era of DotA.... In flanders field were poppys grow... la la la (@_O)

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    so the best option is this: get some friends.
    I figured as much, and what would you recommend over SD games? I hate AP games, they typically see everyone pick their favourite imba toon so you come up against a valk, swiftblade mandman, nighthound and scout oh or moon queen team in the 1500 hundred bracket and meh its just annoying.

Account Icon
    an easy way to win alone is to win the solo mid, then gank the lanes to solidify victory for your team. If you win the ganks, your team will win. If you don't, its a hit or miss.

Thing is, if you think your psr should be higher, you should be able to win solo mid, and win the ganks consistently. This leads to a significant advantage mid/late game where you really can not lose. If they have a tempest, **** up his blink dagger timing by ganking jungle. If you notice your allies just plain suck balls, pretend they dont exist in teamfights and engage as such. Give them tips on how not to die in a complimentary way as well. Its not too hard to get at least 1600, some tidbits of skill will get you to 1700 and by then, most people will be better than you are given your circumstances, and will be able to lead you into higher level play.

If you cant solo mid, lane the short lane and win it. Typically, the short lane has the most trouble, and if you can win it your team is a lot better off.

Learn hero picks, and try to play RD games with people who have the mindset to win.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Make sure you play with people around your psr as well, if you join games with 1200/1300 people you wont gain as much psr.
    Checkout my guide to Arachna

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Win?
    This user's opinions and views do not represent the position or attitude of the GosuGamers.net Crew in any way.

Retail will fix it
    Realignment patch will fix it
    DotA2 will fix it

Inactive due to uni, also calling it right now: DotA2 comes out and sells power, SC2 DotA by Blizzard releases and is good, and it becomes the next big thing.

You mean that number next to me name can go up as well? Dam..

This might sound counter-intuitive, but try to play games with people higher than yourself. You gain more and lose less when you win that way. The catch to this is that unless your skill is higher than your PSR represents, you have a very small shot of pulling that off.

Account Icon
    Get carried through so that when you do join those games then you... well, I'll leave that up to your imagination. Just had a guy at 1800 who absolutely blew.

Account Icon
    best way to raise PSR? Win, and win against people of similar/higher psr. Well, techncially that's the only way. But I can't really offer any advice that's specific to PSR, given that anything that is likely to help your PSR (help you win) is just going to be general tips for playing the game.

Yeah, as people have said, I'd recommend RD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Account Icon
    The best absolute way to gain psr is to make sure your team as a really, really low percentage to win, and win. Also, if u loose you loose very little psr yourself.

Thats all. Bad system.

Account Icon
    1. Get 2nd Beta Account.
    2. Feed in-Game with Account 2.
    3. ????
    4. Profit.

Play RD, don't play EM, and practice. That's all you can really do.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Having trouble getting started? The Training Grounds and Project Epoch can help!
    I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cetyrz View Post
    I figured as much, and what would you recommend over SD games? I hate AP games, they typically see everyone pick their favourite imba toon so you come up against a valk, swiftblade mandman, nighthound and scout oh or moon queen team in the 1500 hundred bracket and meh its just annoying.
    That is one of the worst team setups I've heard of. Counter with pestilence (lol, 3 heroes near worthless), some decent support ::cough::shaman::cough::, throw in an Axe to duo with shaman to screw over 1 lane. Defiler to totally screw over any chance of them casting spells in team battles, and Panda for a stun carry.

If a valk/swiftblade/madman/scout/moonqueen team wins in a non-em game...your team is doing something severely wrong. Get wards, get dust, and dont let madman farm. >.>
    -------------------!-------------------
    My new favorite quote:
    "Oi hovind, you can't carbon date that you idiot. There's no ****ing carbon in it!"

Account Icon
    make friends
    or
    join XXXX+ games and ***** out the host when his 2 other friends dont meet the intended PSR requirement
    or
    be on the lowest win % side

and

dont play AP unless you and your friends are really fast at picking your dominating lineup and hope the super friends on the other team dont have one in mind too.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    While we're talking about it, I know this is a bit off-topic, but what's an "imba" hero, and how come non-EM is so much better than EM?
    This is why asians should have a seperate internet.