Thread: Energizer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Energizer

What do you good players think of it?

Support item? Worth buying it on carries? Needs nerf/buff?

First impressions of the new item plx ^_^b

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I just hate the new astrolabe without armor. Even with cheaper total cost >: (
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    S2Games: "Our shop provides only cosmetic changes, NOTHING that directly affects gameplay." \_(ツ)_/
    EAP? (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I believe it's pretty viable on Andro

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackTrick View Post
    I just hate the new astrolabe without armor. Even with cheaper total cost >: (
    My guess would be that that was a reaction to the whole Plague Rider Armor + Astro Labe domination going on in higher level games right now :P

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Seems like jango from dota, most likely to see it picked up on utility heroes

More likely pickd up on gankers, getting steamboots instead of marchers.

It seems solid for supporters, cheap and effective. CD may be too big imo but we will see.

I just hate that the main attribute is agi. str or int would make much more sense.

Account Icon
    100 mana is too much

the astrolabe changes are awful, and should be reverted

I don't think it has that many uses. Tablet offers basically same utility (chasing & escaping) that energizer does while Energizer can't be used against pharaoh, panda, kraken, etc. ulties or to climb over cliffs.

Even for agi chars, the stats alone on tablet are pretty much better:
    tablet:
    +4 Strength
    +4 Agility
    +14 Intelligence
    +10 Damage

vs.

Energizer:
    +7 Strength
    +10 Agility
    +7 Intelligence

I dunno... I think the speed burst needs to be higher (80-100) and the duration can then be shortened to 3s. That or instead of just givng 50ms to team mates, it could also have 50ms debuff on enemies aswell. Obviously I'm not a competetive player myself, but as a support player I really don't see a point for picking this item up instead of tablet in pretty much any situation.

*edit* That, or make it purge all slow effects from team mates when used (while also giving that ms boost).
    Last edited by Pza; 07-08-2011 at 11:21 AM.

peb with steams for more mana and energizer = gg

:SoulscreamRing: :SoulscreamRing: :SoulscreamRing: :SoulscreamRing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7
    It has been a horrible experience watching such a fantastic product fade into what it has become; a shadow of it's former self and a mere glimmer of what it had the potential to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Our single main focus is to bring extremely high levels of enjoyment to as many players as possible through our games.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeDarko View Post
    peb with steams for more mana and energizer = gg
    wat.
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
    S2Games: "Our shop provides only cosmetic changes, NOTHING that directly affects gameplay." \_(ツ)_/
    EAP? (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

shitty jango but still worth getting everygame
    hi

I think the mana cost on Energizer is far too high and there is no reason to pick it up over a tablet.

Sure its a teamwide buff, but 50 movespeed for 100 mana and unitwalking? A tablet goes over all terrain. The duration of 50 movespeed is hardly enough to catch anyone off guard. Maybe make it 70 movespeed for 4 seconds, and only 50 or 75 manacost.

Quote Originally Posted by imJukin View Post
    I think the mana cost on Energizer is far too high and there is no reason to pick it up over a tablet.

Sure its a teamwide buff, but 50 movespeed for 100 mana and unitwalking? A tablet goes over all terrain. The duration of 50 movespeed is hardly enough to catch anyone off guard. Maybe make it 70 movespeed for 4 seconds, and only 50 or 75 manacost.
    Ghost marchers on a 300ms base hero gives 44~ ms burst. I'm pretty sure that is enough to make a difference in chasing or running.
    Last edited by john4014; 07-08-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Account Icon
    the cooldown is huge and tablet offers more utility imo

honestly the only hero I think that could remotely use this is Slither or Andro.

Keep in mind the rather high mana cost is offset by the recipe anyway.

Not the best addition but better than having simple soulscream rings that no one uses anyway.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

There's no way this is viable on any agi hero with a 100 mana cost.
    My hero suggestions:
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/WindRaven/
    Gust - Druidess - Mobeus - Stone Angel

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    it gives a good edge in teamfights/ganks. I can see this getting picked up by some gankers

Account Icon
    pretty much all the new additions suck