Thread: How to counter late game Magebane

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Account Icon

How to counter late game Magebane

Magebane has become the new scout since his recent buffs. He's in every game and even the terrible can own with him. But anyone besides having a 5 stunner team is there any humanly way to counter a brutalizer magebane lategame. Blink's cd is too short and if you do not have enough stuns he'll escape.He can also solo pretty much anyone who relies on mana which is about 90% of the heroes

I disagree.

bloodhunter should be one option if he's relying on blink to get himself out of ganks
    silence + ult throughout the game
    can be dangerous to silence him late game though if he's ready to stand and fight

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No one, he's the best!
    But seriously, magebane with brutalizer, shieldbreaker, wingbow and lifesteal at late game? Genocide! Probably just happens in low skill pubs tho.

Account Icon
    Silences, succubus (smitten mesmerize and ult all work wonders), lots of stuns/holds etc.

He's one of the more easily counterable heroes if you ask me.

Account Icon
    Don't let him get there.

If you let him get so farmed that he can 1v5 you you did something wrong. Gank him early and use a silence - buy a Hellflower/Kuldra on your supporters if you don't have enough disables/silences to kill him normally. He's even squishier vs casters now since his +magic armor isn't applied unless he blinks, meaning if you nuke him hard enough at the beginning of a gank he should just fall over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghidoran View Post
    "A competitive team did it" does not mean it is a good idea.

Account Icon
    Don't just go for a team battle that will let you kill one guy. If you see him farming while you're all together, go jump him.

Hellflower will make Magebane weep provided hes not incredibly farmed.

Account Icon
    kuldra > any carry

I don't get all the new Magebane issues. He's even squishier than before since he has no built-in magic armor.

Any good disable or silence will put him down quickly.

His aura is stupid though, he'll screw over anything that requires aim. Eg. Stuns with voodoo. Cast curse, Shortcut codex. The codex hit straight away then the curse followed and missed completely because of the cast delay and he had moved 200metres out of the way already, by then my own spells has already taken me down to half health. With 1/3 mana left. Mana Combustion, 2 hits. Dead...

Account Icon
    Its hard to stop him from farming

As soon as he seems 1 blip

bam blink and you cant catch him

He's basically the new scout a character idiots can play to lvl their PSR up

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    pandas ulit == dead.

--------------------------------------------
    Can all the heroes be made out of their icons? FIND OUT!

If you play int or think you are an easy target for magebane buy a void talisman and activate it the moment he blinks in and watch him run around helplessly, also go for hex/cyclone/hellflower to keep him at bay. Safest way imo to lane against agressive magina is to spam your offensive spells until you are out or low on mana and simply keep it that way so his attacks barely scratch you and unless you invested for mana right on start of the game his first level ulti won't do harm either.

We had a game with a battle of the uber carries, Dark Lady vs Magebane (also, Madman and Night Hound were on their team as well). Magebane farmed better most of the game since we were a weaker team, and fed on me and the other guy in my lane 2 or 3 times before going out ganking on his own to top things off. Mid-game he was stronger than Dark Lady, which may be due to items or his quicker blink. However, by late-game, he couldn't stand up to her (despite still having somewhat of a gear advantage). Their Madman was a lot weaker and our team of supports probably had a better collection of stuns, plus we had Demented Shaman's heals.

One thing that may have hurt Magebane and helped Dark Lady is the Glacius on the team (myself, but I was also a feeder for all intents and purposes).

A Puppet Master would really have done a number on him in team fights, I think.

Magebane crushes Puppet Master incredibly hard and with style too.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoyle View Post
    Magebane has become the new scout since his recent buffs. He's in every game and even the terrible can own with him.
    The terrible CAN'T own with scout. Think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBlkTears View Post
    Magebane crushes Puppet Master incredibly hard and with style too.
    Solo, sure. Team fights? Puppet makes Magebane more manageable.