Thread: What is the cap for -armor?

Hybrid View

What is the cap for -armor?

What is the cap for -armor, I mean the physical armor not magic armor.

there is none

or atleast not reachable

This is not wow and why would there be an armor cap for non "tank" heroes anyways?
    Duh, because supports are the coolest, but midplayers are the ones who get laid the most.
    I go mid.

Account Icon
    Well the forumla ends up with as you get to a really low armour (-1000 ish) you'll get near -100% reduction which is double damage.
    You can't get more than -99.99999% reduction but the actual number of armour has no limit in either direction.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Currently at 54/3, Road Bottom Lane, State Legion, Country Newerth
    What holds the armor value? integer or double? and is it signed or there's another variable indicating that?

Account Icon
    I have absolutely no idea, ElementUser probably knows though.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

You can try to find out by adding the most armor reducing heroes in one team, equip them with the armor reducing items.

I'll go with: Pestilence, Demented, Armaddon, Panda and Andromeda or SS which give the same, that gives:
    15, 30 (with Scepter), 3*5=15, 8, 5 = 73 armor reduced.

Add to that a shieldbreaker and a daemonic breastplate, 6 and 5 so equalling 84 in total and that should be the lowest you can reach since 0 is the lowest base armor (Pebbels?)

Edit: You can take Predator instead for -6 armor on lvl 16 ult, or kraken which also has -5 for the last hero.
    Last edited by slcr; 07-05-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slcr View Post
    You can try to find out by adding the most armor reducing heroes in one team, equip them with the armor reducing items.

I'll go with: Pestilence, Demented, Armaddon, Panda and Andromeda or SS which give the same, that gives:
    15, 30 (with Scepter), 3*5=15, 8, 5 = 73 armor reduced.

Add to that a shieldbreaker and a daemonic breastplate, 6 and 5 so equalling 84 in total and that should be the lowest you can reach since 0 is the lowest base armor (Pebbels?)

Edit: You can take Predator instead for -6 armor on lvl 16 ult, or kraken which also has -5 for the last hero.
    cd alone can do -50 armor and basically unlimited minus armor if you refresh him.

edit: cd as in corrupted disciple, not as in cooldown

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Probably a signed short int

-32768 to 32767

@haschisch: no, charges are of data type char (in this case a signed char) and it'll only go from -128 to 127

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

what would that do to incoming damage?