http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7244165/HoN/...sBatman1.1.s2z

Version 1.05 (XIII's material fixes)
    s2z:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xd6im6g21f9eg3f

Version 1.0
    s2z: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7244165/HoN/resourcesBatman.s2z

Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    -Added cape (it doesn't move properly, but it works in-game without stuffing up) (thanks theli!)
    -Fixed some animations
    -Portrait clip
    -Added bones for HoN effects
    -Material editing (thanks XIII!)

History:

Version 1.0/1.05
    -Initial release

Known Bugs:
    -Attack animation seems a tad wonky (can't fix, only one animation to work from)
    -Cape doesn't fade for Flash of Darkness

To-do list:
    - Add sounds (current select sound is just placeholder)
    -Fix cape

Credits:
    Rean - Awesome tutorial on importing Unreal Engine games into HoN: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=272751
    XIII - Notifying me of some material fixes and releasing fixed version in my absence ^_^
    theli - Inadvertently helping by Devourer Tophat effect: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...light=devourer
    Last edited by ReDsKiN; 07-05-2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: HE GOT CAPE

looks good need to test it
    and check the animation

I lol'd. Wonder how he animates. :<

I noticed that you have normal and specular maps in your models, however whenever I see your screenshots, they don't seem to have any of them,
    so I decided to check their materials, and I found out that they were not using the correct shaders which is why they do not show.

Here is a comparison of how this would look if assigned properly. You should use mesh_color_unit instead mesh_color as your vertex shader (vs).
    Pixel shader (ps) will vary depending on what textures you will be using, mesh_color_unit if it only has a diffuse and normal map,
    if you have a specular map, it should be mesh_color_unit_spec, and so on (play around with it a bit, you can check, game/core/shaders to see what vertex/pixel shaders are available in HoN.
    The _SP file should be set as specular not gloss, your texture is a bit dark, most models in HoN use vDiffuseColor="1.0000 1.0000 1.0000" and fSpecularLevel="1.0000".

As for bugs, it seems that you exported the model with the bones shown (left eye has it showing),
    when exporting the .model file, be sure to hide the bones first, but keep the reference/effects/attachment bones shown.

Anyway, here are my material settings for the above screenshot.

Body.material
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <material>
     <parameters vDiffuseColor="1.0000 1.0000 1.0000" fSpecularLevel="1.0000" fGlossiness="56" fOpacity="1.0000" fReflect="1.0000" />
     <phase name="shadow" vs="mesh_shadow" ps="mesh_shadow" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" />
     <phase name="depth" vs="mesh_depth" ps="mesh_depth" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" />
     <phase name="color" vs="mesh_color_unit" ps="mesh_color_unit_spec" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" layer="0">
      <sampler name="diffuse" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_D.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
      <sampler name="normalmap" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_N.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
      <sampler name="specular" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_SP.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
     </phase>
     <phase name="fade" vs="mesh_depth" ps="mesh_depth" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="true" cull="CULL_BACK" layer="0" colorwrite="false" alphawrite="false" depthwrite="true">
      <multipass vs="mesh_color_unit" ps="mesh_color_unit_spec" srcblend="BLEND_SRC_ALPHA" dstblend="BLEND_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA" translucent="true" cull="CULL_BACK" alphatest="false" layer="0">
       <sampler name="diffuse" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_D.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
       <sampler name="normalmap" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_N.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
       <sampler name="specular" texture="BatmanArmoured_Body_SP.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
      </multipass>
     </phase>
    </material>
    Head-Legs.material
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <material>
     <parameters vDiffuseColor="1.0000 1.0000 1.0000" fSpecularLevel="1.0000" fGlossiness="56" fOpacity="1.0000" fReflect="1.0000" />
     <phase name="shadow" vs="mesh_shadow" ps="mesh_shadow" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" />
     <phase name="depth" vs="mesh_depth" ps="mesh_depth" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" />
     <phase name="color" vs="mesh_color_unit" ps="mesh_color_unit" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="false" cull="CULL_BACK" layer="0">
      <sampler name="diffuse" texture="BatmanArmoured_Head_D.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
      <sampler name="normalmap" texture="BatmanArmoured_Head_N.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
     </phase>
     <phase name="fade" vs="mesh_depth" ps="mesh_depth" srcblend="BLEND_ONE" dstblend="BLEND_ZERO" translucent="true" cull="CULL_BACK" layer="0" colorwrite="false" alphawrite="false" depthwrite="true">
      <multipass vs="mesh_color_unit" ps="mesh_color_unit" srcblend="BLEND_SRC_ALPHA" dstblend="BLEND_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA" translucent="true" cull="CULL_BACK" alphatest="false" layer="0">
       <sampler name="diffuse" texture="BatmanArmoured_Head_D.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
       <sampler name="normalmap" texture="BatmanArmoured_Head_N.tga" repeat_u="true" repeat_v="true" scale_u="1.0000" scale_v="1.0000" fps="15" mipmaps="true" fullquality="false" nocompress="false" filtering="true" border="false" />
      </multipass>
     </phase>
    </material>
    As for Eyes.material and Batarang.material, they are using the same settings as Head-Legs.material, since they only use diffuse/normal map.
    Of course this could still be tweaked, fGlossiness="?", anyway, I'm too lazy to do that, I used the same value for all the materials.
    Claptrap could also use some material tweaking.

Account Icon
    Thanks for the tips,will definitely have closer look at material files now
    As for the screenshot when i took it the model just had diffuse.

Lmao! Batman!
    Looks a great job mate. I'm glad to see more model importers, so I don't feel alone here lol
    http://yurixyworks.com

nice job man! btw is a mode for the hp and mp pools?

this is a job well done mate but try to change his idle stance since he just stays so stiff and try to add his cape. he would look so bad ass with the cape

Account Icon
    He needs a cape

my suggestion is , you should try to rename wretched hag into batman + change the skill icons and the skin looks good ^^

dose he have a ****ing cape where is it and the ill dl it......its not batman without his cape

Hat off to you bro.

I find it hilarious playing Batman with Hag's voice hahaha
    I can't wait until you finish this model completely, looking forward to it!

Account Icon
    I originally had a cape, but it bugged so i removed it. Seeing what I can do about it.
    Edit: everything I try either makes stupid graphic error in HoN or makes my 3ds Max crash

That little thing near his eye was a material mistake by me, fixed now.
    Gonna check some other files to check for better animations.
    Edit: Found better idle animation
    Last edited by ReDsKiN; 06-19-2011 at 10:37 AM.

Oh wow this is awesome hahaha
    ReDsKiN you have a very good taste of importing models, please keep it up

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDsKiN View Post
    I originally had a cape, but it bugged so i removed it. Seeing what I can do about it.
    Edit: everything I try either makes stupid graphic error in HoN or makes my 3ds Max crash

That little thing near his eye was a material mistake by me, fixed now.
    Gonna check some other files to check for better animations.
    Edit: Found better idle animation
    because the cape is "cloth" based, meaning its created souly from physics and not an actual model/hand animated like the models themselves are.

This is why it does not work ingame as there is no cloth simulated physics in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHorse View Post
    Teenage years are a time of raging emotional instability and hormone imbalances... it's really a bad time for younger kids to be unsupervised gaming/browsing all day and involved with similarly angry/imbalanced people with the &quot;anonymous lack of conscience&quot; that most internet users have.

great model from the great game, but ur import in Hon rly sucks

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    what about HATMAN

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by noobteamCC View Post
    great model from the great game, but ur import in Hon rly sucks
    Having no CONSTRUCTIVE criticism really helps. Want to dis me? Use proper english.

UPDATE: New version will be released after I finish exams.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    As for the cape idea, is it possible to use DSham's Arcane Hide as a base? Just wondering, as I don't have any idea how I would do it.
    LNTC www.twitch.tv/clanlntc fan/chat moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Work4TheMan
    Pudding & nome are <3?
    Yes, 2 people are in fact, less than 3.