Toggle Snow

Thread: K2 exception errors

K2 exception errors

Starting the last 2 weeks or so, i have consistently had HON crash, with it stating that there is a k2 exception error. Most of the time, it occurs right when i join a matchmaking game. I'd say at this point it probably happens 20-30% of every game i join, which is a problem since by the time i reconnect i end up having randomed a hero. It also occasionally happens during games. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

same bump any fixes?

I have this same exact issue

You've posted in the wrong section, but good look getting any help. I've been getting the K2 exception for months, and they still can't fix it.

Bump. Any help would be appreciated

I dont have any. Try to update ur drivers ? a

Same issue, terrible rushed code crashing every 2 games

K2 errors are the worst.

Little know fact. K2 is S2's evil twin-company, designed to keep your hopes and dreams down.

Got the same problem.
    Every second game I queue up for I get a crash.
    Occasionally get crashes during games as well.

edit: btw, "K2 Exception" doesn't make any difference. K2 is just the engine they're using so every crash will have that title.

k2 error means memory/RAM error

Im 100% sure on this as they appear in other applications aswell not just HoN

U need to reduce all the Graphics settings to minimum , and turn off Texture filtering/Anti Aliasing

Then turn off any background programs you dont need.

A free program that does this for you is called Enditall2

I gaurantee this will stop the k2 errors

Due to recent new patch additions HoN is now using up alot more memory than before

If the above doesnt work:

However some people may be experiacning these errors not because hon is using too much RAM but because they have a Faulty Ram Card,
    Last edited by Vantec; 06-12-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Pro Pharaoh Guide http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroesguide_view.php?gid=51096

The problem is hon takes about 1,5 gb ram when you play it after like 2 matches. fail programmers are fail

I dug around & discovered the K2 error is due to bad memory settings &/ or incorrectly overclocked computers.

Temporary K2 exception error work around
    restart HoN after every game (memory leak)

Last edited by wongerhere; 06-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantec View Post
    k2 error means memory/RAM error

Im 100% sure on this as they appear in other applications aswell not just HoN

U need to reduce all the Graphics settings to minimum , and turn off Texture filtering/Anti Aliasing

Then turn off any background programs you dont need.

A free program that does this for you is called Enditall2

I gaurantee this will stop the k2 errors

Due to recent new patch additions HoN is now using up alot more memory than before

If the above doesnt work:

However some people may be experiacning these errors not because hon is using too much RAM but because they have a Faulty Ram Card,
    The game has a memory leak.. again... Was using 1.7gb before it crashed.

How to fix crash:

Go to Run > type in "cmd" (remember to open it as Administrator)

Type in this:
    bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

Try visiting the tech support forums, I'm sure that'll solve your problems faster than asking in GD.

MMMM I have the same proble. Been playing since beta with no crashes. Then download the recent patch and all of a sudden K2 exception while playing the game. Happens everygame at least 2 to 3 times and its made me a leaver now

Anyone find fix for this yet? Im trying what the previous guy said but ill have to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Try visiting the tech support forums, I'm sure that'll solve your problems faster than asking in GD.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=265326

If you think it'll take at least 2months here you're probably right.

There is yet another problem with the game and nobody knows how to solve it.
    tr.v. conned, con·ning, cons To swindle (a victim) by first winning his or her confidence; dupe.

yea the game is ****ed probably wont be able to play it until they patch it for us guys. Its a memory leak in the game causing the crash.