Thread: Class Action Lawsuit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Class Action Lawsuit?

Where do I sign up?

derp

Account Icon
    I bet you looked that up on wikipedia.
    “You promised me Scout,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

Scout replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Right here. Just send me you bank account info so I can take out the necessary funds to begin the lawsuit.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicano View Post
    Where do I sign up?
    How about instead of signing up you read the ToS you agreed to.

I'll even post it for you:

NEITHER S2 NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE GAME OR SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION; (B) THE LOSS OR DAMAGE TO CHARACTERS, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, INVENTORIES OR USER PROFILE INFORMATION; OR (C) INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL S2 BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    I bet you looked that up on wikipedia.

Then you'd be betting on a winning horse

Wiki Ftw

Troll Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Jeraziah View Post

NEITHER S2 NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE GAME OR SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION; (B) THE LOSS OR DAMAGE TO CHARACTERS, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS, INVENTORIES OR USER PROFILE INFORMATION; OR (C) INTERRUPTIONS OF SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ISP DISRUPTIONS, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE FAILURES OR ANY OTHER EVENT WHICH MAY RESULT IN A LOSS OF DATA OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE. IN NO EVENT WILL S2 BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

That Gibberish means nothing when you have 100 000 pissed off customers, pew pew

That Gibberish means nothing when you have 100 000 pissed off customers, pew pew
    99999 pissed off customers and 1 complete braindead, who is OP to this very topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by fedobear View Post
    6 steamboots on magmus, only get charge and stats. run around yelling that youre not magmus but morphling and that they finally ported him.

Your gibberish means nothing, tbh. Pew pew.
    My sig is the best one ever.

Go get some sunshine, data recovery from a corrupted tabel can be ****ing horrific, if you want to punish S2, just think of the poor people who have to sift through old backups and match them with the latest working ones to see wtfs been going on and then to try and restore the whole thing, thats worse than any lawsuit you could concievably file against them.

It's amazing how much breathing room is given in ToS these days. The companies are pretty much saying "to play this game we can **** you over and refuse you service and pretty much do anything we want to you even though you paid good money"

Go figure, corporate USA

i bet you haven't even seen a line of the EULA, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by qazqazqaz View Post
    this^
    op is

Quote Originally Posted by AliasRaegiru View Post
    It's amazing how much breathing room is given in ToS these days. The companies are pretty much saying "to play this game we can **** you over and refuse you service and pretty much do anything we want to you even though you paid good money"

Go figure, corporate USA

lmfao. Well said

Account Icon
    Class Action
    Stopped here.
    PLEASE READ THE TOS AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by qazqazqaz View Post

/thread.

Yes is does since 100 000 customers should read the agreements before they buy/sign up for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    Go get some sunshine, data recovery from a corrupted tabel can be ****ing horrific, if you want to punish S2, just think of the poor people who have to sift through old backups and match them with the latest working ones to see wtfs been going on and then to try and restore the whole thing, thats worse than any lawsuit you could concievably file against them.

LoL, that does sound pretty horrific. It's raining here though, so ill just complain instead

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It means you going to a preliminary hearing and having it dismissed as fast as the S2 representative says "Limitation of Liability". Actually I'm not even sure if it would go that far... I'm not a lawyer, but I know how to read. Any lawyers wanna take it from here?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeraziah View Post

I am a lawyer first of all not everything you write in ToS can be used in court, if you put some things in ToS that are in strict colision with primer laws and international conventions they cannot be used in court for example that liability.

They ARE LIABLE because they sold you game that you cannot play without service, they could not be LIABLE if the service is not in general sense connected with the game so you could use the game but service is more of addon to the product, but problem is that you bought product that is not usable if there is no service so they are LIABLE to provide you functional product they sold you and yes you can sue them.

However you cant sue them for some stuff that is caused by VIS MAJOR (greater or superior force) and thats not from ToS thats from obligation law.
    Last edited by x4D; 06-04-2011 at 01:30 PM.