Thread: Review for Review [R4R]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Posting for great justice.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Artesia Ultimate Avatar Suggestion!
    Keeper of the Forest Ultimate Avatar Suggestion!
    Icarus, a DREAM hero
    Kenhek, another DREAM hero
    Signature is a work in progress.

Just wonder - why there's no Ask For Help topic here? There was one in Sandbox, but now its in Archive.
    [R4R]

Hero suggestions:
    [IM] Mineral
    [SM] Choppa
    [AR] Hunter [Suspended] (temporary suspended, due to EW =_=)

Because there are other forums for such things.

I mean Q's about hero creation: abilities, design, etc.
    And, well, am i that blind, that i cant find such a thread? Oh, nvm.
    [R4R]

Hero suggestions:
    [IM] Mineral
    [SM] Choppa

I'd like to sign up for it aswell.
    All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
    ~ Sun Tzu

This sounds like a good idea. Sign me in for it
    [R4R]

My suggestions for HoN atm:

...._.Item........._....Hero..........Remake....

Signing up for this.

For some reason I don't like this concept of R4R, maybe if you moderate entrance to it than simply posting in this thread.

Inactive members or members who don't actively review should not be in it. About half the threads are tagged [R4R] and certain [R4R]'ers are flooding the forums with ideas, without much posting.

At this rate, the majority of the suggested heroes will be [R4R] tagged but still no one will read them as there will be too many, and the quality seems to diminish.

If I may, give some suggestions:
    Mandate that all hero suggestions use a somewhat decent formatting as well as decent English, no translators.

Have an active reviewing population, the majority of these threads are dead in terms of discussion, and most posts are by the authors trying to hide the fact they are bumping their posts.

Limit the amount of heroes one can have at a given time, this makes it so people can focus on editting their hero to be better than to throw as many heroes on the wall to see what sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Repugnance View Post
    For some reason I don't like this concept of R4R, maybe if you moderate entrance to it than simply posting in this thread.

Inactive members or members who don't actively review should not be in it. About half the threads are tagged [R4R] and certain [R4R]'ers are flooding the forums with ideas, without much posting.

At this rate, the majority of the suggested heroes will be [R4R] tagged but still no one will read them as there will be too many, and the quality seems to diminish.

If I may, give some suggestions:
    Mandate that all hero suggestions use a somewhat decent formatting as well as decent English, no translators.

Have an active reviewing population, the majority of these threads are dead in terms of discussion, and most posts are by the authors trying to hide the fact they are bumping their posts.

Limit the amount of heroes one can have at a given time, this makes it so people can focus on editting their hero to be better than to throw as many heroes on the wall to see what sticks.
    I'll take your suggestions to heart but might I make a couple points.

1. It is impossible to mandate that a person has a decent grasp of English before posting. You are not forced to review that persons hero.

2. After taking a quick look at the hero drafts front page, most people are using a readable format. There is also a format in the Hero Suggesting guide people can use.

3. The R4R tag is becoming much more abundant but so are the posters in this forum sub-section. Around 2 months ago this forum was dead. It is now starting to revive itself as we start seeing regulars come by and newcomers get decent reviews from these regulars. If your thread is not being read you can post a review to get a guaranteed review, thus starting a cycle. If people refuse to review your hero after you give a detailed review then report them here which is where I will evaluate them and subsequently remove them from R4R.

4. I have also been pretty inactive since I introduced R4R so I still need to get a lay-down of the forums conditions before I continue with my future plans of revitalizing and ordering the Suggestion forums as a whole.

Repugnance is right in some points.

In many cases a newcomer sees a [R4R] tag and without reading what it is just puts it in his thread. There should be something like [R4R] trusted memebers and [R4Rjr] or alike (for those who want to join).

Also r4r should take some steps ahead and get at least some of their top ideas to S2, or otherwise this forum is, well, useless.

There is also a format in the Hero Suggesting guide people can use.
    By the way I (and many more people) find this template not that good, as centered text is not that easy to read. (I can share my template if you want. Just saying.) Edit: Or you might just create a separate closed thread to share templates.
    Last edited by Forest_Elf; 07-26-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    [R4R]

Hero suggestions:
    [IM] Mineral
    [SM] Choppa

Sign me up please on this one, and I will actively review heroes here.

It's just sad that while this Hero Drafts community is being alive again, we have this, emphasis on the S2Games - Community relationship. I can see a lot of ideas here, and an active review and moderation group, and that's coming from an amateur poster like me.

While I do play Garena HoN, I actively check here, especially on Hero Suggestions. The HoN engine is really awesome, and I'm sure all of the suggestions here can be done if S2 would just check what their community is cooking.

I'll start reviewing after I get off from work. I'll try my best to give the suggestions some constructive feedback!

Account Icon
    "BB code url is not allowed."

What do?

im in

I'm in , please add me =)

Hi everyone, I will be proud to give my opinion and suggestion on this forum. Please add me on the R4R community. Thanks.

I don't know why but DREAM is bugged to me and fiddling around I ended up finding this. I liked the idea. Sign me up!

I would like to join the community
    All heroes are op as hell in teaser and spotlight
    Seriously, I never win a game when somebody in my team got rage
    [R4R]
    HoN Chinese Database HoN 中文資料庫

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Please put me in too, I'd love to give feedback and my opinion on stuff, receiving as well.
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=14134792#post14134792

Hero concepts and quick drafts.

As a side note, I can't seem to use neither the text nor the image; the CP Edit Signature feature won't let me add any BB code url.

Should this be happening?