Toggle Snow

Thread: Pros Switching to LoL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Pros Switching to LoL

Pro 1: I'm switching because there are more tournaments and money. HoN is the better game though.
    Pro 2: I don't like the direction where HoN is heading, gonna play LoL until DotA 2 beta keys come out.
    Pro 3: LoL is easy and I had to set new goals.
    Soooo, should S2 be mad? What do you guys think? Was this inevitable?
    Last edited by mindspank; 05-27-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    yes inevitable but LoL is ****.

The funny part is when dota2 comes out the retarded LoL kiddies will still claim LoL is better just like they claim it's better than dota now.

The pathetic success of hon players switching to LoL should speak tons about the quality of the competition over there.

I'd like to see a top LoL player switch to HoN and see how well that goes.

Account Icon
    More tournaments and money in LoL? Since when?
    “You promised me Scout,
    that if I followed you, you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

Scout replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    More tournaments and money in LoL? Since when?
    since like forever :\

It has a MUCH larger player base because it has vastly superior advertising and it's free. I've never seen an ad for hon (except on hon website) I've seen tons for LoL.

More players=more people watching tournaments=more sponsors for tournaments.

I think i will name Fenald my heroe!

Account Icon
    So did LoL get replays and functional spectator mode so people can actually watch the tournaments ....?
    “You promised me Scout,
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.

Scout replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

I think this diskussion about DotA, HoN, LoL and ecpessialy DotA2 is retarded.

Imo opinion HoN is better than LoL and more fun than DotA (cus of grapics). But if DotA2 is better, maby, maby not. Will i try it out yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenald View Post
    since like forever :\

It has a MUCH larger player base because it has vastly superior advertising and it's free. I've never seen an ad for hon (except on hon website) I've seen tons for LoL.

More players=more people watching tournaments=more sponsors for tournaments.
    I would have to disagree about LoL's tournaments. The only notable tournament LoL has is the 100K one coming up. HoN, on the other hand, has had many smaller but more consistent tournaments. HoN also has actual tournament coverage (honcast, GR) ever since beta whereas LoL is almost non-existent in this area due to the absence of replays and spectator mode.

I dont like the gay voices, heroes and whatnot in HoN. HoN is an extremely competitive game though. To know how good a competitive game is, just look at the emotions during game play, and in HoN it is intense, this alone shows that it is an extremely good game.

Oh and pls, pros will never go over to LoL it is too slow and does not nearly have the competitive edge LoL has.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanKing View Post
    I dont like the gay voices, heroes and whatnot in HoN.
    Have you played Lol?

lolol

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchovies View Post
    I would have to disagree about LoL's tournaments. The only notable tournament LoL has is the 100K one coming up. HoN, on the other hand, has had many smaller but more consistent tournaments. HoN also has actual tournament coverage (honcast, GR) ever since beta whereas LoL is almost non-existent in this area due to the absence of replays and spectator mode.
    I'm definitely no expert on LoL but I know I've seen LoL tournaments aside from this one with decent prize pools.

Maybe just empty promises, hons certainly had a few.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I dont like the gay voices, heroes and whatnot in HoN. HoN is an extremely competitive game though. To know how good a competitive game is, just look at the emotions during game play, and in HoN it is intense, this alone shows that it is an extremely good game.

Oh and pls, pros will never go over to LoL it is too slow and does not nearly have the competitive edge LoL has.
    Some of the pro's already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchovies View Post
    single 100k tourney > 10 1-10k tourneys

not to mention there have also been many smaller ones (advertisement is so much better for LoL, larger playerbase etc), although what HoN has is the replay/spec system over LoL (which i doubt they will implement well)

just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    However, quite often I see clan mates on the same team, who use some basic coordination to get a clear edge. Example is a good support plus a hard carry.

Please fix S2
    hon has such a nice community

RIP chu =p

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

U know Chu plays LoL right ?
    The guy considered the best HoN player `?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingknag View Post
    The guy considered the best HoN player `?
    Uh no.
    “You promised me Scout,

Scout replied,

swindlemelonzzz, zaku and chu?

so the title is
    Pros Switching to LoL
    i see why chu is mentioned here...but melonzz

chu #1

You say that pros have switched to LoL, but besides Chu (which everyone knows by now), you haven't told us who, nor given any source of your information.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast