Thread: The Darkness

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this Hero implemented?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Lightbulb The Darkness

The Darkness

Name: The Darkness

Lore: Within every creature great and small there is the darkness. In humans, beasts and even some demons it manifests itself as that little voice in the back of your mind telling you to do evil to hurt others to strike down all those around you. With the release of the Hellbourne the darkness has finally been able to summon itself physically into the world thanks to the horrors of the war.

Sound And Visuals: The model for this hero would be similar as above, a completly dark mass with tendrils flaying outwards. Dark glowing eyes and white sharp teeth should be the only human thing about it as it is meant to be a seething mass of vile and evilness. When it speaks it should sound dark but not quite clear like a deep voice but is having trouble making words kind of like Pestilance voice

• Attack Animation: small black/dark purple blobs of goo are fired from the tips of its tendrils.

• Movement: its neck should stretch foward and then pull back like a cartoon snail except a little faster.

Stats:
    AGI Range as main stat, should have high base armor and medium INT.

Skillset

Skill 1.
    The Taste of Flesh:
    Description: With its new found phsyical existance The Darkness has found a liking to flesh and all the pain and damage it can cause it.

Ability: Targeted Ranged Channeling ability.
    while this spell is channeled health and mana is drained from the target and given to the hero but the further away from the hero the target is the stronger the drain is. The target is still able to move and cast spells freely as it is drained but the range of the spell once it is on should be very long forcing the target to either run away or get close to the hero.

Animation: A few tendrils from the hero should stretch foward and latch onto the target, the tendrils appearing like the strings from Puppet Master's Ultimate except Black/Dark Purple

Skill 2.
    MORE MUST HAVE MORE!:
    Description: The Darkness sensing flesh nearby works itself into a rabid frenzy, its tendrils flaying widly desprate for a taste of the flesh so very close!

Ability: Passive Melee range.
    As an enemy hero gets closer to the hero a damage aura is activated strongest when standing right next to the hero and weakest at its furthest edge.

Animation: When a hero is near any tendrils not being used for Skill 1 should be waving around faster then normal and if possable any tiny ripples around the base of the model should quiver faster.

Skill 3.
    Give In To Me...:
    Description: As blobs of concentrated Darkness touches the flesh the Darkness within fights for control of the body wanting to go to the sweet embrace of its master.

Ability: Ranged Autocast, Replaces standard ranged attack.
    At the cost of mana the heros damage is increased slightly and with every hit the target is pulled a little towards the hero.

Example: if an enemy hero is standing still and begins getting hit by this skill each time it lands on the target its pulled towards the hero so that if the target dosnt do anything it will eventually be pulled right next to the hero.

Animation: Instead of the standard tiny blob a larger heavier looking blob should be fired, perhaps leaving a little trail on the floor like with Amardaons snot or Plague riders auto attack.

Skill 4 Ultimate.
    You Can Never Escape Me:
    Description: In an explosion of violence and anger The Darkness stretches itself over a large area of ground slowing and draining any enemies that wander into the dark tainted ground.

Ability: Channeld Non-targetable AOE.
    In an area around itself (similar size to Keeper Of The Forest's ultimate) all enemies are slowed and are drained of health and mana which is then given to the hero. Also in the area of this AOE there is Fog preventing anyone outside its range to see inside and anyone caught in this aoe also has its vision reduced to minimum (like Dark Lady's ultimate). But to do this costs 100% mana of the heros remaining mana

Animation: Looks like Keeper Of The Forest's ultimate except the roots are all black/dark purple and while this spell is channeled the hero model should loose its head and just appear as a round tentcle coverd blob with tendrils attached to the ground witch occasinaly bulge as if they are sucking something into the body.

End.

Personal Notes:
    Would just like to thank those who read this for taking the time to do so and that if you have any feedback or comments on this hero please leave a message as i love hearing other peoples ideas.

"Aw... what did they do, Jackie? What did they do to Jenny? [evil chuckle]"

Yes, but only if they get Mike Patton to do the voice.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Formerly Lprsti99

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This is proberly where i fail but who is mike patton?

Account Icon
    on the first ability what is the maximum range? (i lie it but how far would a perso have to run to be able to get away from the ability?)

and ditto on the second what is the range in which he starts flailing his arms? also is the second only activated on heroes or do creeps also proc it?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorpallas View Post
    on the first ability what is the maximum range? (i lie it but how far would a perso have to run to be able to get away from the ability?)

and ditto on the second what is the range in which he starts flailing his arms? also is the second only activated on heroes or do creeps also proc it?
    The first abilites range is the same as puppet masters but needs to be close to the target to cast it

and the exact range of the second is to be determined by the S2 based on balancing but my idea was to be roughly the same size as Magmus ultimate

sorry for not putting exact numbers as i dont know all the technical detail and feel it would be best left to those more experianced

Account Icon
    fair enough but for his ulti he could give up 100% of 1% and get more back no matter the situation maybe make a lower limit like can't have less than 400 to use this ability or else it's like a free spell that you just use before your finished off or instead of going back

if i misread the spell please correct me and elaborate i would like to know more about him

Isn't s1 (more drain if far away) counter-productive with s2 (more dmg, if close) ?
    _ _ _ _ _ [Video] Pharaoh - Rocket (Tormented Soul)

_ _ _ _ _ _ Anubis _ Force Commander __ Levi _ _ Broodmother

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Dream Heroes | Forum Heroes | Items

_ _ _ _ _ [Video] Rampage+Tablet vs Chronofield

Account Icon
    i think the purpose is that whether they come close to neagte te drain then they will still be damaged by the second skill it actually works quite nicely together

Account Icon
    i see the syergy of 1st and 2nd but its better to have just close is more powerfull for first.

other than that its rela good. might be OP but its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by roo42uk View Post
    This is proberly where i fail but who is mike patton?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dar...8video_game%29

Mike Patton is the voice of the Darkness (and lead singer of Faith No More).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnG6qoVYzM

Good Youtube video, there's the voice (just Patton, no editing). It's not gonna happen, I was assuming that's where you got the idea.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Formerly Lprsti99

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    fair enough but for his ulti he could give up 100% of 1% and get more back no matter the situation maybe make a lower limit like can't have less than 400 to use this ability or else it's like a free spell that you just use before your finished off or instead of going back

if i misread the spell please correct me and elaborate i would like to know more about him
    That was my idea to but i felt since that went into numbers i would leave that choice upto the S2 team

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by A`nub`is View Post
    Isn't s1 (more drain if far away) counter-productive with s2 (more dmg, if close) ?
    Yeah sailorpallas hit the nail on the head there for the reason, it forces the enemy hero to either lose health and mana and give it to you or to suck it up and try to attack you

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lprsti99 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dar...8video_game%29

Mike Patton is the voice of the Darkness (and lead singer of Faith No More).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opnG6qoVYzM

Good Youtube video, there's the voice (just Patton, no editing). It's not gonna happen, I was assuming that's where you got the idea.
    That wasnt where i got the idea i just made the whole concept up but the voice and the look from the video suits it so freaking well
    so i agree on getting Mike Patton for the voice

Account Icon
    you get my vote but numbers really make the creation study the other heroes on here or that alreasdy exist and make an aproximation for it people will let you know if it is to high/low

second is, and i hate to do this but, you forgot to make this a public poll you have to remake it but you will still have my vote

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    you get my vote but numbers really make the creation study the other heroes on here or that alreasdy exist and make an aproximation for it people will let you know if it is to high/low

second is, and i hate to do this but, you forgot to make this a public poll you have to remake it but you will still have my vote
    Well its getting late now so i will give this number crunch a try after a good nights sleep

And drat! i take it no friendly mod can change this can they?
    Also thanks for the vote means alot to me when i get feedback and people tell me they like my ideas

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    New updated thread with public poll and stat numbers here

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=26699

if a mod reads this please lock the thread, thank you!