Thread: Tower Range Indicator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Tower Range Indicator

Hi guys, I 've downloaded the Tower Range Indicator files

Download: honmod (Auto-updateable)
    Download: s2z (Mod #120, v0.1.66.1)

from this thread over here : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ad.php?t=77500

But i dont have a clue of how to install these files,since my pc does not recognize them.
    They are in a .s2z form. What programm can I use to open them and istall them at hon?

Thanks

use notepad

Open hon mod manager and under file choose the open hon mod folder, then go to your downloaded mod (tower range indicator) in the folder "downloads" under "my computer" and try the file into the hon mod folder, then close it and go back to the file tab on hon mod and choose "apply mods", u should see a new icon in your hon mod manager, click icon and enable it in the bottom right, then go back to file and " apply all mods and run game"

hon mod manager? that folder isnt on Documents > Heroes of Newerth > game

If u read your link u will notice u need to download another program called hon mod manager

It's in yellow letters "honmod" right underneath the screen shot of the mod
    Last edited by RAWRence; 05-18-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Cheat-mod.

or use notepad.

3) What's all this stuff about s2z and honmod files?

.s2z files are renamed zip files. The original method of creating mods was to edit the game files and then repack them into a new s2z file. The game loads through the s2z files starting with the base game files and then adding on. As a result of this method, two s2z mods cannot edit the same file as the changes will conflict and only one mod or the other would work. The only way multiple s2z mods that edit the same file could work together was if they were manually combined. The HoN Mod Manager is a program to automate the combining process through the use of an instruction xml file.

4) How do I install an .s2z mod?
    Some mod threads will have slightly different instructions for installing but they all follow the same basic instructions. To install, place the .s2z file in the HoN game folder.

The default locations for these are:

Linux: /home/<username>/HoN/game/
    Windows 7: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
    Windows Vista: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
    Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
    Mac:
    1. Press Finder
    2. Press Applications
    3. Right click 'Heroes of Newerth', and press Show containing files
    4. Open Game folder
    5. Move file here

5) How do I install a .honmod
    You will need the HoN Modification Manager located here.

To install mods (*.honmod files) put them into the mods directory (see below for locations) or drag them onto the program window (Windows only). Any mod files in that directory that are compatible will automatically show up in the program.
    To use installed mods you need to enable them first (e.g. by double-clicking on them), then select "Apply Mods" from the "File" menu. You'll need "Apply Mods" each and every time the game was patched or you have installed/uninstalled/updated any mods. The program will remind you of this.

The default locations for the mods directory are:
    Windows: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\mods
    Linux: /home/<username>/.Heroes of Newerth/game/mods
    MacOS: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Heroes of Newerth/game/mods
    This directory will be automatically created when you launch the mod manager the first time and can be easily be accessed from the "Open Mod Folder" option in the "File" menu
    From [READ] Finding and Installing Mods | Where and how to post | Read This First!

Quote Originally Posted by nivv View Post
    Cheat-mod.
    ??
    S2 implement the game in the way to allow Mods.
    Most of the mods are in this forum including this one.
    so /explain

Quote Originally Posted by Mabool View Post
    ??
    S2 implement the game in the way to allow Mods.
    Most of the mods are in this forum including this one.
    so /explain
    He meant Crutch-mod.

I 've placed the file 'Tower range indicator' into HoN mod manager and clicked at 'Enable' but this message pops out :
    ''This mod was written for HoN v-0.3.* and is thus not compatible with your current install''

Some people need "training wheels" to learn how to ride a bike at first. I consider this a training wheel like mod and it's up the the player to decide when he wants to ride with the big boys.

Try updating the mod under the file tab
    Last edited by RAWRence; 05-18-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRence View Post
    Some people need "training wheels" to learn how to ride a bike at first. I consider this a training wheel like mod and it's up the the player to decide when he wants to ride with the big boys.
    Then mods like this one shouldn't be allowed in MM.

Quote Originally Posted by argnoferich View Post
    He meant Crutch-mod.
    Sry i don't know this expression. but i think that i can understand what he means.
    But i don't know his arguments.

Or maybe S2 should make range on reveal + tower range a basic feature in the game. You can't know with 100% accuracy what the range of those things are, so using mods to see it actually helps a bit in some situations.

Quote Originally Posted by BroodLord View Post
    Then mods like this one shouldn't be allowed in MM.
    I do not understand this obession over stopping mods. Everyone is free to get whatever mods you want, so its not a case of wanting to play on an evening playing field (regardless of the fact ping/comp specs modify your playing abilities).

Mods like this are merely a shortcut, to stop this game having so many ridiculous things to memorise. This game already has a high enough learning curve, without needing to know the range of towers/abilties or knowing the auto attack damage for each hero (to last hit), or having to hit a + click if right click seems more natural for you.

People do forget this game is played for fun. If you want to play seriously, go play tournament mode games.

LOL, I 've tried updating, but it seems its already updated.When i go File > Download Mod Updates,this pops out : ''Already up to date : - Tower range Indicator''

wow, someone's actually having problems installing a mod. post #9 already tells you everything you need to know.

Rename the .honmod to .zip, open it and edit the version string in one of the files to 2.0.