Thread: Elbryan (Ranged Carry)

View Poll Results: Would you like this suggestion implemented?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

124 84.35%
  • No

23 15.65%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Elbryan (Ranged Carry)

Elbryan

Speed: 300
    Range: 600
    Affiliation: Legion
    Primary Stat: AGI

Sound and Visual Design
    Warrior of the woods who is an expert in survival and nature.

Story
    Elbryan was trained in the ways of archery and the forest for much of his life. While out patrolling, his home town was attacked by the beasts in the near by area. He returned while they were eating the dead. Elbrayan tracked and killed every beast who attacked his village. Afterwards, Elbrayan enlisted into the Legion army to make sure that this tragedy couldn't happen to anyone else.

Role
    Carry.

Stats
    STR: 17 + 1.8
    AGI: 20 + 2.7
    INT: 18 + 1.9

Barbed Arrows

The Beast Hunter has learned how to make barbed arrow heads which increases the effectiveness of his shots and slowly tears away at armor.

Range:

Elbryan uses barbed arrows to deal bleed damage and reduces armor. This counts as an exclusive modifier and cannot stack with other exclusive modifiers.

Descriptors:
    Causes 10 physical damage per second for 3 seconds and reduces armor by 1 for 5 seconds
    2. Causes 15 physical damage per second for 3 seconds and reduces armor by 1 for 5 seconds
    3. Causes 20 physical damage per second for 3 seconds and reduces armor by 2 for 5 seconds
    4. Causes 25 physical damage per second for 3 seconds and reduces armor by 2 for 5 seconds

Stacks up to 3 times. Debuff is refreshed.

Mana: 10/15/20/25
    Cool down: 4/2/0/0

Balance: This will do a max of 75 physical damage per second and -6 armor.

Visual: Arrow is sticking out of the target hit and starts to bleed. Up to three arrows will be sticking out of the unit.

Multi-Shot

Elbryan is very good at remembering exactly where each of his enemies are and can sometimes take off a couple of shots at the same time.

Passive - Range 600

Elbryan can sometimes fire additional shots while attacking for reduced damage. Both exclusive and attack modifiers can be used with this ability.

Descriptors:
    1. 10% chance to fire an additional shot at your main target for 45% damage
    2. 15% chance to fire an additional shot at your main target and 1 additional target for 55% damage
    3. 20% chance to fire an additional shot at your main target and 2 additional targets for 65% damage
    4. 25% chance to fire an additional shot at your main target and 3 additional targets for 75% damage

Cooldown: 0

Balance: Very similar to Split Shot except its actually a skill you want to have on! Basically, its a 1.75% crit to the main target and then just some extra team damage along the way. This makes him more effective in a team fight by still doing his normal focus fire damage effectively. Additional shots cannot trigger things like critical strikes, even more shots, and chain lightning. Is good for farming, but doesn't make him a farm maniac.
    Visual: Elbryan fires up to 4 arrows simultaneously immediately after his first shot if this skill triggers.

Choking Gas

Elbryan uses poisonous roots tied to a flaming shot to cause an area to be covered with poisonous gas.

Range - 600

Elbryan fires a shot at the target causing a mini stun and deals magical damage to all enemies within a fairly large area around the target
    . Enemies caught in the AoE are silenced and have a 20% miss percentage. Deals damage to all units in the AoE. Works similarly to Night Hound's smoke except with a larger AoE. It also requires a target.

Descriptors:
    1. 50 magical damage per second in a 300 AoE for 2 seconds (100 total magical damage)
    2. 60 magical damage per second in a 350 AoE for 3 seconds (180 total magical damage)
    3. 65 magical damage per second in a 400 AoE for 4 seconds (260 total magical damage)
    4. 70 magical damage per second in a 450 AoE for 5 seconds (350 total magical damage)

Mana: 100/120/140/160
    Cool down: 15

Balance: Basically a nuke silence for the whole team. This is stronger than most AoE nukes as it does more damage. However, it requires heroes to remain in the cloud for the full duration. This is easier to get out of than smoke cloud since there is no inherent slow involved.
    Visual: Shoots a target with a green smoking arrow which explodes on contact creating a cloud of green smoke in the AoE.

Spike Trap

Elbryan learned how to quickly make effective traps in any situation. A spike trap is particularly effective in severely limiting his enemies movements.

Elbryan lays a trap 100 units wide with a 400 area of effect. Traps deal minor damage and slows move speed by 40% for 5 seconds. Traps can be setup by range or melee. If the trap is set with melee, the traps are stealth with a 2 second fade time and are proximity traps. Traps set from a range are always visible and must be set off manually. Allied and Traps which proxy trigger if a unit comes within a 100 units of the trap. There is then a 1 second delay before it deals damage and slowing. Requires Line of Sight to lay trap. Traps cannot be destroyed. Ranged traps must be within 1300 range (and have site) to trigger

Range: 1000

Descriptors:
    1. Deals 100 physical damage when triggered and can lay up to 3 traps
    2. Deals 150 physical damage when triggered and can lay up to 6 traps
    3. Deals 200 physical damage when triggered and can lay up to 9 traps

Mana Cost: 50/75/100
    Cooldown: 20/16/12

Balance: Lanaya's trap in DoTa was 50% team slow with a 2000 range. This deals damage, available for half the distance, and cannot be controlled as easily. For instance, melee traps are stealthed but will get taken out by creep waves and must be planned in advance. The ranged mode is basically like a spell, but can't be gotten off as easily. My point being that this spell would be harder to use than Lanaya's trap.
    Visual: Melee traps create an area covered in leaves. When triggered, the trap opens into spikes and the trap collapses on itself. Traps set at range look like a "ballista" arrow exploding Oil everywhere onto the ground. When manually triggered, Elbryan fires an arrow into the trap, igniting the oil.

Suggested Build Items:

Last edited by docterj208; 04-22-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Account Icon
    Looks nice
    +

Account Icon
    i am a little aprehensive about the true damage especially since it is passive, but i always am so take some opnions on that

the only other thing is i don't really like any ability that pushes back in an AoE but again thats just me (i don't mean like krakens surge of course but abilitys that push away from a central point)
    (it comes down to how it woul affect a team fight)

othe than that he seems ok i will keep an eye on this and +1 when he is polished up by other peoples comments keep up the good work

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Explosive shot doesn't push back far. I'ts 110 range, that means enemies will even stay in melee range of allies if they were attacking them.

Only problem now is that he might seem a bit boring, and most numbers seem a bit low.

First skill does hardly deal any damage, especially because an enemy that you attack constantly (which means you fire more than one shot at him) will only receive a bonus of 16 damage for each of your attacks. I think you should change it to 8/16/24/32. That should still be okay, since Slithers attack modifier deals 140 magic damage over 7 seconds, which equals 105 damage with just the base magic armor everyone has.

Second ability should deal 100% damage to the target on lvl1 already imo, since that's only like a 2x crit, with 5% chance.

Third ability seems okay, only the pushback is a little low, I'd increase it to 200 range on each level.

On the Ultimate: Are the traps stealthed? And do you have to target them and use an ability the traps have to activate them? That would suck imo.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    1st: a good little power, i like it.

2nd: why not just make it a multi target shot? have him fire multiple arrows at every unit in front of him.

3rd: might even want to add a mini stun to this.

ulti: meh. all arrmow powers then a trap. i say stick with all arrows or half bow half traps.

First abilities damage has been bumped to increase per level. Hard to say if it would be OP or not right now considering there is a max stack of 3.

2nd ability got a minor damage boost (+5% at each level) and now has a proc chance of 25% to make it happen more often and be more interesting. Also considering setting change to around 40% so it will proc as often as swiftblades double strike.

3rd ability now has a .5 mini stun instead of .2 (already had one Rentaromon ) and now pushes units a little farther back to try and make it a little more interesting.

Hard to say what the right numbers would be to keep the skills interesting.

Sorry Rentaromon, I really want this guy to have a trap spell. As for half traps, I think that would be a replacement for explosive shot. But I haven't thought of a good trap like ability. Another thought I was playing around with though is a trap shot like Freezing Arrow or Choking gas.
    Last edited by docterj208; 09-28-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Account Icon
    You could pf at least change the names of the original guild wars skills

Seems like you were too lazy to brainstorm on ur own much , so its easier to copy ..

Anyway . its not bad, has a slight potential for now .. You need to make it a little bit more .. attractive , cause right now its plain simple, and the first spell .. is OP .. Considering that you probably will deal the extra pure damage as with your own damage as well (base) damage, making the pure damage unavoidable by armors or anything .. rather make it Autocast , dependent on the agility you have .. something like silencer had .. And as for ulti , it low damage considering your not a techie type of char , you wont be spending much time laying traps , when you actually got aggressive type of arrows in ur skillbar .. Which means that you will be in combat mostly .. atleast make them traps give more side effects , like blind, and such stuff.. more DoT or w/e ..

Holding on my Vote as for now

lol. Yes, I shared the names with guildwars for for a lot of icons, but mostly because the images just looked good as them. Not to mention they give the heart of the character I was looking for.

I made the 1st skill physical instead of pure to let armor give a reduction. Not sure if it will fix this but its a start. But I like your idea to make it AGI based like Silencer's attack since that is my favorite orb of all time.

The trap is used as a means of slowing your opponent for a guy who doesn't have a slow. Also, given its large range, it could be used for chasing. I'll give some thought as to making this more of a giant spell or not.

The reason for the damage is to make multiple traps effect a hero or creeps if they are pushing a lane. Helps with defending and makes hitting lots of traps take a toll.

Definitely revisiting this guy. Thanks for your input.

Increased base move speed from 300 to 310 making him one of the faster heroes.

Changed 1st ability from true damage to physical damage.

Changed 3rd ability from Explosive Shot to Choking Gas. Choking Gas now silences target and deals damage over time. Also, the target will have a minor miss chance.

Ult now gives an attack speed reduction in addition to the move speed slow.

Account Icon
    Skill 1: I'd give even the low ranks a -1 armor debuff. More consistent throughout then.

Skill 2: Great adaptation of split shot. Very nice.

SKill 3: Unique twist on some old moves.

Ult: Might be a little strong. Works well with other skills.

Overall very strong
    HONOR- If you need it defined, you don't have it.

added armor reduction to barbed arrows level 1 and level 2 abilities.

Looks cool, but the ulti?
    It's very similiar to Lanaya's ulti in DotA, except in addition to Lanaya's, it deals damage, has faster fade time (and slows attack speed?)
    I would say that ulti is bit too OP

Quote Originally Posted by Virnu View Post
    Looks cool, but the ulti?
    It's very similiar to Lanaya's ulti in DotA, except in addition to Lanaya's, it deals damage, has faster fade time (and slows attack speed?)
    I would say that ulti is bit too OP
    Actually has the same fade time, AOE, and cooldown. But, I significantly increased the mana cost as well (from 11 to 50).

I never liked Lanaya's ult because it was only usable during certain situations and wasn't super effective in team fights or defending. Especially since Lanaya is melee-ish, this ability was primarily used for chasing. The biggest buff to this ability I can see is the damage increase. The major reason for this is for stopping, or least slowing an enemy push but widdling away creep and hero health if enough traps have been set along the lane.

Essentially, by adding the damage, you get a great harassment ability that costs too much early game, but is just right late game.

Overall, I would like to get farther away from Lanaya's ult by maybe reducing the range, requiring line of site, and increasing the cool down, but for now, its the best fit I can see.
    Last edited by docterj208; 09-28-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Account Icon
    does the ulti work kinda like scouts electric eye (for forced setting off i mean) so would it have a smaller tab beside it to activate the ability

how many traps can you have?

would they offer any sight like wards? or would the only give the 100 range in which they miust be entered into to activate?

Sounds pretty cool to me, I like the traps as the ultimate. Gives him a bit of variation!

Quote Originally Posted by sailorpallas View Post
    does the ulti work kinda like scouts electric eye (for forced setting off i mean) so would it have a smaller tab beside it to activate the ability

how many traps can you have?

would they offer any sight like wards? or would the only give the 100 range in which they miust be entered into to activate?
    You can have 5/8/11 traps up at one time which last indefinitely. Currently the sight would be 400 since that is the AOE of the trap and you need to see what you are aiming at.

As for setting it off, I would like it to have R for the spell cast, use F to toggle manual or proxy trap type for when you click R, and have G used for setting off the nearest trap (just in case it is manual).

Otherwise, you would have to click the trap and hit R (if it is not the nearest trap)
    Last edited by docterj208; 09-28-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Account Icon
    ulti far to OP , needs heavy nerf
    SUGGESTIONS
    Item- Sol Lantern: www.tinyurl.com/Sollantern
    Skin- Mexican Tundra http://tinyurl.com/MexicanTundraSkin
    Loading Screen- http://tinyurl.com/BetterHoNloadingscreen

Quote Originally Posted by KK_ View Post
    ulti far to OP , needs heavy nerf
    Removed attack speed reduction from ult. Upped cool down time slightly. Still working on it. Thanks for the input.

Also upped mana cost.
    Last edited by docterj208; 09-28-2009 at 09:08 PM.

Account Icon
    Good cahnge to 3rd, a lot more team oriented now.

scaled mana of ult.