Last time I played this game was in Grade 2 when our teachers wanted to teach us the concepts of investment.
1. Create a portfolio of stocks. You can have up to 10 stocks picked out, less is fine obviously. Plz don't pick more than 10 for the sake of time.
2. Gains are based from a % viewpoint only. You may include dividends on a compounded basis.
3. Your overall gain will be calculated from the average % win/loss of your stocks at the end of each Friday. Each of your picks will have equal weight. Go ahead and pick penny stocks or Royal Dutch Shell if you so desire. The % win/loss is based on the book value of your stocks (what you entered at).
4. People can join whenever, but you may not sell your stocks. When you declare a portfolio, it will only be effective at the open of the market the next day (at that price). Choose wisely. You must declare the price at which you enter.
5. Plz don't bother lying about gains/losses. It's not hard to track. People can have the same stocks.
6. At market close each Friday, a new winner for that week will be declared (again, based from the book value POV)
I will begin, with my 10 picks for the market open of May 16.
1. NASDAQ: ARMH
2. NASDAQ: TQNT
3. NASDAQ: NVEC
4. NASDAQ: ALLT
5. NASDAQ: VRTX
6. NASDAQ: SGEN
7. NASDAQ: IMGN
8. NASDAQ: ISIS
9. TSE: T
10. NYSE: IMAX
Gl hf I will try to monitor this thread at some point every evening.
Last edited by Lethe; 05-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.
oo Exxon. Good choice
ahh a game i am good at. However no FTSE makes me want to cry
Support Volunteers are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
Please consult the wiki for more information on how to submit a ticket for technical support.
For live support please visit irc.s2games.com #techsupport or feel free to message me
? nah man be my guest go for FTSE
NASDAQ: ARMH: 28.07
NASDAQ: TQNT: 13.41
NASDAQ: NVEC: 58.88
NASDAQ: ALLT: 14.83
NASDAQ: VRTX: 55.87
NASDAQ: IMGN: 12.97
NASDAQ: ISIS: 8.95
NASDAQ: SGEN: 17.96
NYSE: IMAX: 36.57
TSE: T: 51.26
Market open of May 16
Nasdaq: Xom 9.3
Nasdaq: Tzym 5.20
Market open 16th May
Nasdaq: Xom 2.9 ouch
Nasdaq: Tzym 5.0
I'll be in Daytona for 2weeks, so I don't know if I can keep this updated -- we'll see.
I pick the following stocks
NASDAQ: ARMH: 28.07 -> 28.03 (-0.15%)
NASDAQ: TQNT: 13.41 -> 12.52 (-6.64%)
NASDAQ: NVEC: 58.88 -> 61.66 (+4.72%)
NASDAQ: ALLT: 14.83 -> 14.25 (-3.91%)
NASDAQ: VRTX: 55.87 -> 55.00 (-1.56%)
NASDAQ: IMGN: 12.97 -> 12.01 (-7.40%)
NASDAQ: ISIS: 8.95 -> 8.70 (-2.79%)
NASDAQ: SGEN: 17.96 -> 19.02 (+5.90%)
NYSE: IMAX: 36.57 -> 36.41 (-0.44%)
TSE: T: 51.26 -> 52.67 (+2.75%)
Overall Gain/Loss: (-0.952%)