Version 1.1 is out!
I added and changed a lot in this version, so I do expect a bug or two to pop up despite my careful testing; please report any you can find, thanks!
- Added the <findall/> operation tag: applies the following insert, add, replace or delete to all occurrences of the sought string in the file.
- Added attributes updatecheckurl and updatedownloadurl to the modification tag, which specify URLs returning the current mod version in plain text and the current mod file itself, respectively. (only supports HTTP and HTTPS)
- Note that it is strongly recommended to set the mmversion attribute to "1.1" when using either of the format additions above.
- Fell back to the default visual style for menus.
- Added the refresh (F5) option as menu entry.
- Added menu entries to change the view mode of the mod list (some may look the same or similar; possibly a few of the options will be removed later).
- Added menu option to open mods folder (also releases all file handles on the mod files).
- Added a context menu to the list view, containing "Enable/Disable", "Check for Updates" and "Delete" (all of which have keyboard shortcuts)
- Added a a command to delete mods directly from the mod manager window (shortcut key: Del)
- Added "unapply all mods" option for people trying to remove their only mod while considering "applying mods" an illogical option.
- Mod versions are no longer cluttering the main list view but are now displayed in the status bar when selecting a mod
- Made some error messages more explanatory; troubleshooting section will be shortened soon!
- Can no longer open multiple instances of the mod manager under Windows.
- The long anticipated mod updating features are here! See file format changelog for specifics.
- When a new patch is released users will be reminded to re-apply their mods in HoN's main menu until they do so.
- When launching the mod manager after a new patch has been applied it will suggest to apply mods right away (in case you only started it to do this mandatory reapplying after patches).
- Mod enabled-ness is no longer independent from mod applied-ness! When you open the mod manager only applied mods will be enabled (this information is read from resources999.s2z) and if you don't apply mods after enabling/disabling mods it will prompt you to do so when closing the application.
- Now guesses most common HoN paths on Windows, Linux and Mac; also uses simple heuristics to strip "\game" and "\game\mods" from wrong user-specified paths.
- Now supports retrieving the game version and launching the game on Mac.
- Will now automatically request admin privileges when run on an UAC enabled system!
- Incorrect HoN paths are now always properly detected and will cause most functions to disable and the path prompt to appear every time you start the mod manager.
- If multiple mod files with the same mod name are found it will now load the one with the highest version number (previously it loaded the one with the lexicographically smaller file name).
- Incompatibilities are now properly enforced no matter in what order you enabled two incompatible mods when only one of them specifies the incompatibility (only affects visuals, processing was correct before as well).
- Other miscellaneous fixes I forgot about.
- Started commenting the code.