Thread: Creating Hero's Maps ETC

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Creating Hero's Maps ETC

I've only been in the HoN community since last fall, and I am only now starting to notice these custom maps and stuff. I already saw some threads about making custom heroes and my question is this: Can I really make my OWN custom hero for HoN to play in practice games or w/e? Although Im sure it would involve alot of work, it would also be absolutely amazing and worth every bit of effort =)

If so, how do I go about this lengthy process? thanks!

Yes you can create your own custom hero, but you will only be able to use them in practice mode alone (it's the same for custom maps).

You can start off by reading the following thread "How to make a hero" and you can also find more information in this thread.

Getting started is really the hard part, specially if you never scripted/programmed before since there is no GUI like in WC3 to create your hero. You will need to script everything yourself.
    Most of the time you can simply take already existing spell that is almost identical to what you want to do and edit some value.

You should take some time to read existing spells to get a good idea on how most things work (states, projectiles, affectors, etc.) Some information in some thread might be a bit out-dated (specially the "How to make a hero" thread) so what couldn't be done then might be doable now. In doubt, you can simply ask on the forum.

Like I said, it's really hard to start off, but the community is really great and helpful. So if you ever have trouble or if you get stuck, you can simply ask here for help.