Thread: Why aren't trilanes default in 1700+ BP pubs? (srs)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

Why aren't trilanes default in 1700+ BP pubs? (srs)

Literally every game I play on RGC is trilaning. I don't have to ask, etc. The captain picks a trilane 100% of the time. WHY HASN'T THIS CAUGHT ON IN HON? I really like trilanes.

Love,
    mattyfresh

Because you dont get 2 supports in pubs
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna91 View Post
    msi sucks lol

Account Icon
    I get 2 supports in plenty of pubs and people still don't want to trilane most of the time.

Because 1700s fail at trilanes.

Becaue trYlanes in pubs fails 60% of the time (if not a team) Fun playing 1750 + games, facing a trilane with myrm, behe and puppet vs my pestilence and my teammate dsham, and we actually winning the lane with 3 hero kills and a 10min pk.

But if your team is any half decent, a trilane can work well if everybody KNOWS what to do.

Account Icon
    The average Brazilian/Russian/European on RGC is about as good, if not worse, than the average ~1700.
    Last edited by mattyfresh; 05-03-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Usually people just dont pick for them and find them boring. I like them and there's little point to practicing non-trilanes, and you can usually get one if you pick one of the supports at 1750+

When you play against my clan you better know a trilane is happening.

If is on the board, he's getting first picked and we're going to run a trilane. That's pretty much how things go down usually.
    R.I.P. BeerHolder

If you go in a 5 man group then you'll see lots of trilanes, but most people don't know how to ban / pick / make good trilanes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaRDeN View Post
    meh league of legends is where legends go to die

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...1#post13690676

If you run trilanes 50% of the heroes become unviable, where's the fun in that? Besides you'll see in every single match to the point you'll want to hit your head with a rock.
    The more assassin's shrouds, the more assassin you are.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokkolm View Post
    If you run trilanes 50% of the heroes become unviable, where's the fun in that? Besides you'll see in every single match to the point you'll want to hit your head with a rock.
    This 100%

because all the trilanes are at my games in singledraft where we decide to pick a jungler....

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    the problem isnt trilanes, the problem is you are tryingto copy the pros. Ever wonder why nothing the pros do makes sense? Its because they play there own rules, just as you should. To be a pro, you have to make up your own rules and play differently from everyone else. It makes you a winner, and you come up with your own strategy that only you can master.

Because they require picking co-ordination and gameplay co-ordination. Also, it's not fun being a support, underlevelled, underitemed and 4 levels below their solo/mid blinking ganker at 15 mins in () who can kill you every time you go near a warding spot.

Account Icon
    Essentially every poster in here didn't even understand my comment/question. In RGC, a DotA client used by a good deal of players, uses trilanes every game. In Heroes of Newerth this has not caught on. Most games on RGC are 10 randoms playing together. The average 1700 player is about the same skill level as your average RGC player. I was curious about this perception that has spawned that trilanes are "bad", "hard" and "boring" compared to the full embrace of trilanes by RGC players.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGBabyBaby View Post
    the problem isnt trilanes, the problem is you are tryingto copy the pros. Ever wonder why nothing the pros do makes sense? Its because they play there own rules, just as you should. To be a pro, you have to make up your own rules and play differently from everyone else. It makes you a winner, and you come up with your own strategy that only you can master.
    I agree. Gggggbabybaby is right the bet way to win is to not copy others. I do my own thing and it's gotten me to 1800 I suggest everyone else do the same

Account Icon
    PUBS ARE MORONS. No offense but it's true. The skill level in HoN is still not nearly good enough. The same goes for DotA really. Have you ever seen a tri-lane being ran in a pub GHost Bot hosted game? Rarely. Same goes in HoN really. Public skill level is still not that good, just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnitoo View Post
    PUBS ARE MORONS. No offense but it's true. The skill level in HoN is still not nearly good enough. The same goes for DotA really. Have you ever seen a tri-lane being ran in a pub GHost Bot hosted game? Rarely. Same goes in HoN really. Public skill level is still not that good, just yet.
    Like he said, the skill level of most pubs just isn't very high, they aretoo busy trying to copy the pros who do things they don't understand, everyone is better off creatin their own style of play

Because they're ****ing boring and play out in very similarly if not identical ways from game to game.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the only rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you."