Thread: Auto Ability Learning

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    anyone have a fix for tiny ui?

Quote Originally Posted by Zesbeer View Post
    anyone have a fix for tiny ui?
    BlackAngel88 has a combination mod that includes tiny and AAL. I don't know how up to date it is. Also, it contains many other mods besides those two. I am not aware of any other mods that combine those two, although I'm sure some other people have figured out how to make them work together besides BlackAngel88.

As awaited.
    AAL for Tiny Ui!

DOWNLOAD NOW

Report all bugs to me.
    Last edited by FrozenDragon; 01-13-2010 at 11:48 PM.

That's pretty awesome. Don't use Tiny myself but a lot of people should be happy about this.

Account Icon
    This mod is awesome.

Update! Changes are:
    - Fixed the queue being applied to ally heroes as well when you were controlling them; now only ever affects your own hero.
    - Integrated TinyUI compatibility into the main .honmod (thanks to FrozenDragon!).
    - Added auto-updating paths - future updates can be downloaded directly via the mod manager.

Note that the .honmod version now requires version 1.2 of the Mod Manager; otherwise the TinyUI compatibility could not have been integrated.

For all modders out there: this is an example using the new <applyafter/> and the new "condition" attribute!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hmm yea it seems to mess up if u select someone on ur team just to look at there items. after that it wont lvl up so i switched back to the other version that frozen made.

Yeah, the method I used in 1.1 to detect whether you have your own hero selected has the side effect that there won't be any automatic levelling as long as you have another unit selected - even if you're not controlling it. It should however snap back to working the next time you level up without someone selected.
    I think I found a better alternative for this detection, but I still need to test it. There might be a version 1.2 up later today.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You should make templates and ****

I won't. Way too lazy for all that overhead for a possibly not advantageous addition. Everyone is free to do it; pretty easy as mod add-on, you just need to put the skill order into the "auto_ability" cvar.

Version 1.2 is up: Fixed the queue not being applied at all when having something selected during levelup.
    Can be downloaded via the mod updating of the mod manager or as usual from the first post.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Notausgang View Post
    Version 1.2 is up: Fixed the queue not being applied at all when having something selected during levelup.
    Can be downloaded via the mod updating of the mod manager or as usual from the first post.
    Cheers, I was wondering why it's results seemed intermittent.

Account Icon
    For some reason, this mod doesn't work for me anymore.

I've tried reinstalling it, disabling and re-enabling, re-applying it, and I don't get any errors with HoN mod manager (v1.2.1) but the buttons just don't appear above the skill bars like they used to. And no I don't use TinyUI.. any ideas?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Windawasha View Post
    For some reason, this mod doesn't work for me anymore.

I've tried reinstalling it, disabling and re-enabling, re-applying it, and I don't get any errors with HoN mod manager (v1.2.1) but the buttons just don't appear above the skill bars like they used to. And no I don't use TinyUI.. any ideas?
    Happened to me as well, I have no clue why.

Account Icon
    ^ press L many times it might appear

Mhm, noticed the same thing, I usually have to press L a few times to get the queue numbers to show up. Nothing functionality breaking, but sure annoying; will take care of that some day...

Account Icon

Lightbulb feature request

Could it be possible to make this plug-in (obviously in a future version) to work with ability priorities instead of queues.
    SO, at lvl 1, I learn my first ability and then I give the following priority list:
    So this would ideally do the following:
    if( learnable(4) ){ learn(4); remove_from_queue(4); }
    else if( learnable(1) ){ learn(1); remove_from_queue(1); }
    else if( learnable(3) ){ learn(3); remove_from_queue(3); }
    else if( learnable(2) ){ learn(2); remove_from_queue(2); }
    else if( learnable(5) ){ learn(5); }
    Meaning that I prefer learning abilities in the front instead of abilities at the back

That actually sounds like a good idea, and it would solve the complaints of people not liking that nothing is learnt when the wrong (an unlearnable) ability is in the first spot.

If I may suggest something also

Only allow abilities you can level (at that point in the queue) to be clickable. That way you avoid having to count when queuing more than 2 abilities.

Meaning you cannot do: 1111
    But is forced to do: 1 2 1 3 1 4 ...

The priority queue system is simple but you still have to count if you don't want to learn the ability as soon as possible.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by pontios View Post
    Could it be possible to make this plug-in (obviously in a future version) to work with ability priorities instead of queues.
    SO, at lvl 1, I learn my first ability and then I give the following priority list:
    So this would ideally do the following:
    Meaning that I prefer learning abilities in the front instead of abilities at the back
    I know that the new MiniUI mod is using a system like that, TBH it's preferred over this.. the drawback is that you need MiniUI installed to get that functionality, it's not standalone. It would be great to have though.